I have been working on my itinerary for New York for weeks now. I have posted it once before and made changes using the comments so thanks to everyone who has already helped. I have re posted the itinerary and would be grateful for any comments such as, if I have planned things that are close together or if there is anything that is un-realistic.
I am aware some of the things we have planned may not be recommended but there are things I want to do just the once.
We go to Canada for 4 nights on the 23rd June and then onto New York on Thursday 27th until Wednesday 3rd July. Me and my partner are both mid 20's and it is the first time in NY for him. I have been before although it was not a hugely successful trip for personal reasons. This is also the reason that it may seem very structured and we have already booked a fair few things plus the fact that I am a control freak.
If there is anything that you really think shouldn't be missed, please do let me know. We haven't planned a show but may fit this in if we have time. Any recommendations for this? I would like to see Wicked but have seen many shows in London including Wicked so thinking it may be better to see something new.
Thank you for all your help.
Thursday 27th June-
Arrive at LGA 2:00pm
Check into hotel- Times Square.
Central Park- Carriage Ride/Walk around
Eve- Find our bearings/Spend time in Times Square/ go for dinner
Friday 28th June-
Serendipity- Booked for lunch 12pm
Dylan’s Candy Bar
Eve- Dinner at Four Seasons Pool Room- Booked 7:45pm
Saturday 29th June
New York Public Library
Grand Central Terminal
Rockefeller Centre- TOTR 2pm
Madison Square Gardens
Eve- Greenwich Village or alternative neighbourhood? If anyone could recommend any bars that would be lively, maybe with some dancing.
Sunday 30th June
Woodbury Common (Get coach from Port Authority Terminal)
Empire State Building
Monday 1st July
American Museum of Natural History
Lunch at Boathouse Central Park- Booked 1:30pm
Eve- Mets Game- Partner wants to attend a Baseball game, Id rather Basketball but its not the season as far as I am aware.
Tuesday 2nd July
90 Minute cruise (Pier 83)- How do I get here? Is subway the best option?
Century 21- Depending on how packed it is when we get there (Partner hates packed shops) so he may wait outside
9/11 Memorial- Booked at 1:30pm
Subway to Brooklyn
Walk back over Brooklyn Bridge
Wall Street/Financial District?
Eve- Park Avenue Restaurant- Booked for 8:00pm
Wednesday 3rd July
Anything we didn't get time to do, Lunch/ Times Square
Leave at 2:00pm for Airport.
Help with New York Itinerary!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need recommendations for a restaurant in Rochester, NY!
- 2 Washington Monument Reservtions and timing ~ plus Paddleboats
- 3 Best place to stay for Canyon de Chelly
- 4 Which neighborhood to stay in that's convenient to Broadway shows?
- 5 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 6 Feedback needed for our book club trip to New England
- 7 New York City-New Things?
- 8 2 Short Trips to NYC: Broadway, Opera, Tenements, Hotels, Cholesterol
- 9 Alaska Trip Planning
- 10 Northern California for 7 days in May
- 11 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 12 Driving from RI to NB, Best Place to Overnight in Maine?
- 13 Does the Warner Brothers Tour (Burbank) actually sell out?
- 14 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 15 Finger Lakes itineray suggestions?
- 16 Best restaurants in Seattle
- 17 Traffic from Wine Country to SFO on weekday
- 18 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 19 DC - WW2 flyover
- 20 Traveling from Vegas to Grand Canyon and Southern Utah
- 21 3 Days in Northern California w Car- Itinerary Recommendations?
- 22 Don't let me miss any special spots, YNP & GTNP in July.
- 23 New York in May - Dinner at Bouley,
- 24 Hiking in Georgia - beautiful photos
- 25 Rochester > Montreal > Quebec Road Trip