Hubbie and I are flying into Manchester, NH early on a Saturday in late August for our Maine trip (will be visiting family at the tail end of the trip). We have 6 nights (possibly 7) to enjoy Maine. We plan to drive to Bar Harbor that day and spend 3 nights in the area - hiking, eating, relaxing. Then go to Camden/Rockport area and spend one night. I was thinking we'd stay the last two nights in Portland to finish up the trip. It's the end of the trip I'd like advice about - is 2 nights in Portland ok, or should we do one in Portland and one in another town south of there? I'd also like to go canoing or kayaking somewhere along the way - what are the best areas for that?
Help with Maine coast itinerary
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road to Hana in 2 days without spending the night???
- 2 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 3 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 4 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 5 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 6 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 7 Brooklyn why?
- 8 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 9 Is it a good idea to stay near LAX?
- 10 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 11 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 12 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 13 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 14 New York City Restaurants
- 15 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 16 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 17 Buying African Masks in Chicago, New York City or Atlanta
- 18 Maui vacation
- 19 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 20 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 21 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 22 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 23 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 24 WISCONSIN
- 25 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??