Hubbie and I are flying into Manchester, NH early on a Saturday in late August for our Maine trip (will be visiting family at the tail end of the trip). We have 6 nights (possibly 7) to enjoy Maine. We plan to drive to Bar Harbor that day and spend 3 nights in the area - hiking, eating, relaxing. Then go to Camden/Rockport area and spend one night. I was thinking we'd stay the last two nights in Portland to finish up the trip. It's the end of the trip I'd like advice about - is 2 nights in Portland ok, or should we do one in Portland and one in another town south of there? I'd also like to go canoing or kayaking somewhere along the way - what are the best areas for that?
Help with Maine coast itinerary
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fancy dining
- 2 Top Of the Rock Reservations
- 3 Help w road trip from Huntington Beach to SF, skipping LA area
- 4 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 5 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 6 Yellowstone 3 day itinerary advice
- 7 Charlotte restaurant help
- 8 Help w/ River Cruise Company-OH to Mississippi-end@New Orleans-Fall 2014
- 9 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 10 Concert at Red Rocks in CO
- 11 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 12 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo
- 13 Itinerary opinions
- 14 moving to florida
- 15 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 16 Alaska railroad?
- 17 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 18 Driving from Denver to Aspen Oct. 2
- 19 culpepper
- 20 NYC Clubs for live music
- 21 Mesa Verde
- 22 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 23 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 24 Calgary to Banff
- 25 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?