Hubbie and I are flying into Manchester, NH early on a Saturday in late August for our Maine trip (will be visiting family at the tail end of the trip). We have 6 nights (possibly 7) to enjoy Maine. We plan to drive to Bar Harbor that day and spend 3 nights in the area - hiking, eating, relaxing. Then go to Camden/Rockport area and spend one night. I was thinking we'd stay the last two nights in Portland to finish up the trip. It's the end of the trip I'd like advice about - is 2 nights in Portland ok, or should we do one in Portland and one in another town south of there? I'd also like to go canoing or kayaking somewhere along the way - what are the best areas for that?
Help with Maine coast itinerary
View all United States activity »
- 1 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 2 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 3 Question about Boulder area
- 4 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 5 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 6 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 7 Spending a week in Palm Springs in February
- 8 Christmas Holidays in Arizona
- 9 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 10 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 11 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 12 Vero Beach FL
- 13 Moonstruck Patisserie - Hilo ~ wow!!
- 14 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 15 Sightseeing and restaurants in LA
- 16 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 17 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 18 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 19 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 20 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 21 visiting Arizona area for 18 days from May19th 2014
- 22 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 23 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 24 Savannah or Charleston- If you had to choose.
- 25 Hike down the Grand Canyon in February?