I'm thinking of a trip to Houston from Dallas Thursday 7/4 to Saturday 7/6. Ideally I'd like to visit the Galleria for a little bit, but my focus will be on the art museum district (Menil, Houston Museum of Arts) and Montrose. I'll be needing to take advantage of the MegaBonus, so I will plan for two one-night stays. I also hope to be gold by that point through a challenge.
I can stay at the JW Galleria and Marriott by West Loop for a great price. I think the Marriott has a shuttle service to Galleria and maybe within a certain radius. I could also capitalize on gold benefits. However, getting around to main sightseeing places I'd want to see seems tough on public transport. Other options would be Courtyard West University and Medical Center, which are more accessible on public transport but less luxurious and don't offer the benefits.
Any thoughts on which option?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 AUGUST---7 day San Fran to San Diego
- 2 What to pack
- 3 Boston waterfront Italian
- 4 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 5 Road trip from Gulf Coast to Key West
- 6 First time, Best business class?
- 7 Restaurant Recs for Minneapolis
- 8 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon
- 9 Spa at THE Hotel at Mandalay Bay
- 10 Trip Report: 2 weeks from SF to Yellowstone and back, June 2016
- 11 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 12 Zion and Bryce in July
- 13 Moving from Fresno CA to highpoint NC
- 14 Itinerary Help Needed
- 15 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 16 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 17 CA Fire - need revised itinerary help
- 18 SW Colorado/San Juan Skyway ideas?
- 19 Between Naples and Fort Myers
- 20 Kids Vacation Place
- 21 Desert Southwest
- 22 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 23 If you're in Cleveland for the GOP Convention
- 24 US-Canada road trip help
- 25 Cape cod, Vermont and Newyork