I'm thinking of a trip to Houston from Dallas Thursday 7/4 to Saturday 7/6. Ideally I'd like to visit the Galleria for a little bit, but my focus will be on the art museum district (Menil, Houston Museum of Arts) and Montrose. I'll be needing to take advantage of the MegaBonus, so I will plan for two one-night stays. I also hope to be gold by that point through a challenge.
I can stay at the JW Galleria and Marriott by West Loop for a great price. I think the Marriott has a shuttle service to Galleria and maybe within a certain radius. I could also capitalize on gold benefits. However, getting around to main sightseeing places I'd want to see seems tough on public transport. Other options would be Courtyard West University and Medical Center, which are more accessible on public transport but less luxurious and don't offer the benefits.
Any thoughts on which option?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Novel in Progress
- 2 Lunch near 9/11 Memorial
- 3 RV road trip from CA to Idaho, Montana, Wyoming
- 4 5 Days in Charleston and Savannah in December?
- 5 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 6 Rental car between Providence, RI and Woodstock CT
- 7 Trip Report National Parks Utah in October 2017
- 8 Short Notice
- 9 Utah National Parks Itinerary help please
- 10 Lodging Grand Canyon South Rim
- 11 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 12 Pawley's Island, SC Favorite Restaurants?
- 13 Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota trip report
- 14 Inn at Key West
- 15 Acadia/Bar Harbor in early June
- 16 8 day Road Trip! Spokane to New Orleans
- 17 Black History Museum
- 18 Advice needed: first trip to Hawaii
- 19 Another Great DC Trip
- 20 Chicago 2017
- 21 I Hiked the Grand Canyon Down & Up in One Day!
- 22 arizona rte 66
- 23 Yellowstone/Glacier - a cabin with a view
- 24 Food & Wine Festival at Epcot
- 25 West coast to East Coast in April-May 2018