I'm thinking of a trip to Houston from Dallas Thursday 7/4 to Saturday 7/6. Ideally I'd like to visit the Galleria for a little bit, but my focus will be on the art museum district (Menil, Houston Museum of Arts) and Montrose. I'll be needing to take advantage of the MegaBonus, so I will plan for two one-night stays. I also hope to be gold by that point through a challenge.
I can stay at the JW Galleria and Marriott by West Loop for a great price. I think the Marriott has a shuttle service to Galleria and maybe within a certain radius. I could also capitalize on gold benefits. However, getting around to main sightseeing places I'd want to see seems tough on public transport. Other options would be Courtyard West University and Medical Center, which are more accessible on public transport but less luxurious and don't offer the benefits.
Any thoughts on which option?
Help with July 4th Marriott Houston trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 2 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 3 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 4 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 5 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 6 Tipping advice
- 7 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 8 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?
- 9 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 10 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 11 San Diego Little Italy
- 12 Key West Hotel in January
- 13 Healdsburg tips
- 14 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 15 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 16 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 17 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 18 los angeles restaurants
- 19 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 20 Help me plan a trip to Nashville and Memphis.
- 21 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 22 Calf trip
- 23 Trip to Jupiter, FL
- 24 West Maui Restaurants
- 25 Napa/Sonoma hotel confusion...please help