I'm thinking of a trip to Houston from Dallas Thursday 7/4 to Saturday 7/6. Ideally I'd like to visit the Galleria for a little bit, but my focus will be on the art museum district (Menil, Houston Museum of Arts) and Montrose. I'll be needing to take advantage of the MegaBonus, so I will plan for two one-night stays. I also hope to be gold by that point through a challenge.
I can stay at the JW Galleria and Marriott by West Loop for a great price. I think the Marriott has a shuttle service to Galleria and maybe within a certain radius. I could also capitalize on gold benefits. However, getting around to main sightseeing places I'd want to see seems tough on public transport. Other options would be Courtyard West University and Medical Center, which are more accessible on public transport but less luxurious and don't offer the benefits.
Any thoughts on which option?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 2 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 3 Yellowstone
- 4 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 5 Seeking adivce- 12 days Oregon only or OR/WA
- 6 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 7 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 8 Redwoods National Park
- 9 Driving from Sacramento to San Francisco
- 10 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 11 Rattlesnake Ledge
- 12 March 2017 condo rental ?
- 13 Is it safe to wear good jewelry in NYC?
- 14 New Mexico in May
- 15 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 16 Dining in Old Town Alexandria
- 17 Vernal, Utah with Teens Trip Report
- 18 Traveling Alone
- 19 Getty center and Getty Villa
- 20 Christmas Dinner in NYC?
- 21 Last minute trip to Arizona
- 22 How many days in Grand Teton and Yellowstone?
- 23 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 24 Arizona in late January
- 25 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans