I'm thinking of a trip to Houston from Dallas Thursday 7/4 to Saturday 7/6. Ideally I'd like to visit the Galleria for a little bit, but my focus will be on the art museum district (Menil, Houston Museum of Arts) and Montrose. I'll be needing to take advantage of the MegaBonus, so I will plan for two one-night stays. I also hope to be gold by that point through a challenge.
I can stay at the JW Galleria and Marriott by West Loop for a great price. I think the Marriott has a shuttle service to Galleria and maybe within a certain radius. I could also capitalize on gold benefits. However, getting around to main sightseeing places I'd want to see seems tough on public transport. Other options would be Courtyard West University and Medical Center, which are more accessible on public transport but less luxurious and don't offer the benefits.
Any thoughts on which option?
Help with July 4th Marriott Houston trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Boston area -- nature
- 2 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 3 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 4 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 5 Which hotel - Washington Hilton OR Cambria Suites
- 6 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 7 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 8 Metro or cab from Delancey St to Penn Station?
- 9 4 week family trip ideas
- 10 SFO black friday traffic
- 11 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 12 best place for New Year's in the South?
- 13 California & French Polynesia
- 14 General Utah planning questions
- 15 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 16 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 17 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 18 Dining in Manhattan
- 19 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 20 American Honeymoon in March
- 21 How to dress in Vegas
- 22 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 23 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 24 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 25 St Patrick's renovations