I'm thinking of a trip to Houston from Dallas Thursday 7/4 to Saturday 7/6. Ideally I'd like to visit the Galleria for a little bit, but my focus will be on the art museum district (Menil, Houston Museum of Arts) and Montrose. I'll be needing to take advantage of the MegaBonus, so I will plan for two one-night stays. I also hope to be gold by that point through a challenge.
I can stay at the JW Galleria and Marriott by West Loop for a great price. I think the Marriott has a shuttle service to Galleria and maybe within a certain radius. I could also capitalize on gold benefits. However, getting around to main sightseeing places I'd want to see seems tough on public transport. Other options would be Courtyard West University and Medical Center, which are more accessible on public transport but less luxurious and don't offer the benefits.
Any thoughts on which option?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel in Reno
- 2 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 3 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 4 Santa Fe Itineray
- 5 Visiting Glacier Nat'l Park with 18 mo old.
- 6 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 7 Saturday traffic heading to the Outer Banks
- 8 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 9 Moab Weekend with Kids
- 10 Boston to Naples florida
- 11 Retiring to Tucson
- 12 Driving from Miami to Florida Keys - electronic tolls?
- 13 Coastal California trip with toddlers in April
- 14 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 15 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 16 Trinity Site, NM
- 17 North Carolina airports
- 18 best health clubs with lap pools
- 19 10 days vacation in California
- 20 Dallas for the first time. Rent car? Activities?
- 21 A Puffin, a Whale, and a Moose walk into a bar. In Maine
- 22 Tampa Suborns vs Orlando Suborns? To Raise a Family.
- 23 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 24 Maui/Kauai Honeymoon Itinerary - hotel help?
- 25 Luxury hotel in Charleston