I'm thinking of a trip to Houston from Dallas Thursday 7/4 to Saturday 7/6. Ideally I'd like to visit the Galleria for a little bit, but my focus will be on the art museum district (Menil, Houston Museum of Arts) and Montrose. I'll be needing to take advantage of the MegaBonus, so I will plan for two one-night stays. I also hope to be gold by that point through a challenge.
I can stay at the JW Galleria and Marriott by West Loop for a great price. I think the Marriott has a shuttle service to Galleria and maybe within a certain radius. I could also capitalize on gold benefits. However, getting around to main sightseeing places I'd want to see seems tough on public transport. Other options would be Courtyard West University and Medical Center, which are more accessible on public transport but less luxurious and don't offer the benefits.
Any thoughts on which option?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 2 Carmel Monterey
- 3 Rental car or RV for road trip from San Francisco via Las Vegas to Denver
- 4 Big Sure in June
- 5 Quick Trip to D.C. In April
- 6 Santa Fe Itineray
- 7 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton - Car Rental?
- 8 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 9 Where to watch Oscars in Palm Springs
- 10 Arches Devils Garden
- 11 Folly, Surfside, Carolina or Wrightsville Beach?
- 12 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 13 RV camping near Yosemite NP
- 14 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 15 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 16 best health clubs with lap pools
- 17 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 18 Retiring to Tucson
- 19 universal studios and disney
- 20 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 21 Spring Break @ Big Bend
- 22 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 23 Steelhead fishing in Kenai Alaska
- 24 Savannah hotel
- 25 Utah National Parks visit