I'm thinking of a trip to Houston from Dallas Thursday 7/4 to Saturday 7/6. Ideally I'd like to visit the Galleria for a little bit, but my focus will be on the art museum district (Menil, Houston Museum of Arts) and Montrose. I'll be needing to take advantage of the MegaBonus, so I will plan for two one-night stays. I also hope to be gold by that point through a challenge.
I can stay at the JW Galleria and Marriott by West Loop for a great price. I think the Marriott has a shuttle service to Galleria and maybe within a certain radius. I could also capitalize on gold benefits. However, getting around to main sightseeing places I'd want to see seems tough on public transport. Other options would be Courtyard West University and Medical Center, which are more accessible on public transport but less luxurious and don't offer the benefits.
Any thoughts on which option?
Help with July 4th Marriott Houston trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Girls' Getaway
- 2 San Jose Airport to Paso Robles
- 3 West Coast US trip from Sep to Oct 15 for 30days
- 4 New York City - apartment locations
- 5 Car Rental in Sedona
- 6 places to stay south coast long island NY
- 7 Murray Hill NYC restaurants
- 8 NYC hotel/July
- 9 3-Days Driving from Denver to Santa Fe: Suggestions?
- 10 Final dinner in NYC recommendations
- 11 3 or 4 days north of San Francisco with kids
- 12 new york subway help please
- 13 Don't let me miss any special spots, YNP & GTNP in July.
- 14 las vegas, zion, bryce , grandcanyon, page (antelope canyon), sedona,
- 15 Local Bus from Lake Powell resort to Page, AZ
- 16 Calling card for land line phones in National Parks in the western states
- 17 Overnight at the airport or into Manhattan at midnight?
- 18 East coast itinerary for 10 days from Toronto
- 19 Sheraton Maui or Maui Marriott Ocean Club
- 20 Vegas,Sedona,GC,Page,Bryce,Zion
- 21 Chicago, Illinois: Where to stay? Do you need a car?
- 22 NYC with my 13 year old
- 23 Las Vegas must sees
- 24 TOWING SCAM IN WASHINGTON, DC
- 25 Best ( not cheapest) way from EWR to Upper West Side