I'm thinking of a trip to Houston from Dallas Thursday 7/4 to Saturday 7/6. Ideally I'd like to visit the Galleria for a little bit, but my focus will be on the art museum district (Menil, Houston Museum of Arts) and Montrose. I'll be needing to take advantage of the MegaBonus, so I will plan for two one-night stays. I also hope to be gold by that point through a challenge.
I can stay at the JW Galleria and Marriott by West Loop for a great price. I think the Marriott has a shuttle service to Galleria and maybe within a certain radius. I could also capitalize on gold benefits. However, getting around to main sightseeing places I'd want to see seems tough on public transport. Other options would be Courtyard West University and Medical Center, which are more accessible on public transport but less luxurious and don't offer the benefits.
Any thoughts on which option?
Help with July 4th Marriott Houston trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Moving to New Jersey
- 2 Glacier NP & Yellowstone NP 8 day trip Itinerary
- 3 Dec / Jan in the USA- advice
- 4 West Coast Road Trip
- 5 Car Needed in Austin?
- 6 Las vegas and Grand canyon trip with parents ( 4 days)
- 7 Relaxing Honeymoon Week
- 8 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 9 New Orleans Weekend
- 10 5 star Hotels in Virginia
- 11 Sights and Restaurants in Brooklyn
- 12 I will be in Wash DC in October.
- 13 suggestions for mobile auto repair glass company in utah
- 14 advice for San jose to Napa limo
- 15 East Coast Road Trip
- 16 Planning for Fall Foliage in NE, Oct 2015
- 17 Which Florida Key for one month stay with infant?
- 18 Need Minnesota leaf color reports
- 19 Road Trip in January - New Orleans to Lexington
- 20 Delaware - what do you recommend?
- 21 Provincetown: Parking in City Lots and Restaurant Recommendations
- 22 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 23 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 24 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 25 Maui itinerary