I'm thinking of a trip to Houston from Dallas Thursday 7/4 to Saturday 7/6. Ideally I'd like to visit the Galleria for a little bit, but my focus will be on the art museum district (Menil, Houston Museum of Arts) and Montrose. I'll be needing to take advantage of the MegaBonus, so I will plan for two one-night stays. I also hope to be gold by that point through a challenge.
I can stay at the JW Galleria and Marriott by West Loop for a great price. I think the Marriott has a shuttle service to Galleria and maybe within a certain radius. I could also capitalize on gold benefits. However, getting around to main sightseeing places I'd want to see seems tough on public transport. Other options would be Courtyard West University and Medical Center, which are more accessible on public transport but less luxurious and don't offer the benefits.
Any thoughts on which option?
Help with July 4th Marriott Houston trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 California
- 2 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 3 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 4 Sunday jazz brunch & weekday afternoon tea recs?
- 5 Cross Country RV Trip
- 6 Where should a coffee drinker worship in NYC?
- 7 Park Central Hotel via Priceline uh-oh
- 8 Scottsdale Mexican Restaurant Near Omni Scottsdale
- 9 Universal Orlando
- 10 Florida or caribbean
- 11 Baby Boomer Road Trip
- 12 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 13 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 14 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 15 Deep South sept 2015
- 16 1st time DC-NYC for family of 5 - Need itinerary advice
- 17 Winter trip over the holiday season
- 18 New England September
- 19 17 day photo trip report - upstate New York
- 20 Active Vacation
- 21 Required snow tires & rental cars?
- 22 New York (for women turning 50th) 2015
- 23 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 24 Weekend road trip from Omaha
- 25 Portland, OR hotel question