I'm thinking of a trip to Houston from Dallas Thursday 7/4 to Saturday 7/6. Ideally I'd like to visit the Galleria for a little bit, but my focus will be on the art museum district (Menil, Houston Museum of Arts) and Montrose. I'll be needing to take advantage of the MegaBonus, so I will plan for two one-night stays. I also hope to be gold by that point through a challenge.
I can stay at the JW Galleria and Marriott by West Loop for a great price. I think the Marriott has a shuttle service to Galleria and maybe within a certain radius. I could also capitalize on gold benefits. However, getting around to main sightseeing places I'd want to see seems tough on public transport. Other options would be Courtyard West University and Medical Center, which are more accessible on public transport but less luxurious and don't offer the benefits.
Any thoughts on which option?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Miami/Disney World/Bahamas Cruise w/6yo
- 2 Safety Concerns
- 3 Downtown Chicago
- 4 Planning Honeymoon with Handicapped fiance
- 5 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 6 ISO charming NYC hotel for a staycation
- 7 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 8 Nashville and Gatlinburg
- 9 What to do in San Diego
- 10 Nashville
- 11 Moving to DC ( Nova area) Please help me
- 12 Beaches in Florida
- 13 fort lauderdale
- 14 40th in Key West
- 15 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 16 First Trip to Texas -
- 17 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 18 Turning 30 in March. What shall I do?
- 19 5 days in Colorado
- 20 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 21 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 22 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 23 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 24 Yellowstone or Yosemite in August?
- 25 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?