I'm thinking of a trip to Houston from Dallas Thursday 7/4 to Saturday 7/6. Ideally I'd like to visit the Galleria for a little bit, but my focus will be on the art museum district (Menil, Houston Museum of Arts) and Montrose. I'll be needing to take advantage of the MegaBonus, so I will plan for two one-night stays. I also hope to be gold by that point through a challenge.
I can stay at the JW Galleria and Marriott by West Loop for a great price. I think the Marriott has a shuttle service to Galleria and maybe within a certain radius. I could also capitalize on gold benefits. However, getting around to main sightseeing places I'd want to see seems tough on public transport. Other options would be Courtyard West University and Medical Center, which are more accessible on public transport but less luxurious and don't offer the benefits.
Any thoughts on which option?
Help with July 4th Marriott Houston trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 2 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 3 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 4 Universal studios/Orlando
- 5 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 6 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 7 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 8 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 9 USA with a 3 year old
- 10 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 11 NYC theatre broadway
- 12 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations
- 13 First family ski trip
- 14 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 15 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 16 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 17 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 18 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 19 Looking for Hotel Alternatives on Coast to Coast Trip
- 20 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 21 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 22 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 23 Wedding venue in NH
- 24 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 25 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle