I'm thinking of a trip to Houston from Dallas Thursday 7/4 to Saturday 7/6. Ideally I'd like to visit the Galleria for a little bit, but my focus will be on the art museum district (Menil, Houston Museum of Arts) and Montrose. I'll be needing to take advantage of the MegaBonus, so I will plan for two one-night stays. I also hope to be gold by that point through a challenge.
I can stay at the JW Galleria and Marriott by West Loop for a great price. I think the Marriott has a shuttle service to Galleria and maybe within a certain radius. I could also capitalize on gold benefits. However, getting around to main sightseeing places I'd want to see seems tough on public transport. Other options would be Courtyard West University and Medical Center, which are more accessible on public transport but less luxurious and don't offer the benefits.
Any thoughts on which option?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 REFRESH: Verizon CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Verizon Tec*h SUPP0RT 24/7
- 2 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 3 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 4 San Francisco, Yosemite, Carmel
- 5 1 week NE Fall trip (ME, VT, NY..)
- 6 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 7 Carmel to Big Sur Station and back report with photos 6/10/2017
- 8 Blue Ridge Mountains Skyline Drive
- 9 Mnnpls--what to do, culture and food
- 10 Maine trip report -- Rockland, Camden, Rockport, Owl's Head, Wiscasset
- 11 1st trip to Maine Need feedback and advice
- 12 Transit Advisory for July 4, 2017
- 13 Miane Lobster Rolls
- 14 Dining & Things to Do - North Bennington
- 15 transportation from JFK to Newark airport 1 way
- 16 Best way from Niagara Falls to Washington DC
- 17 Restaurant Recs in Boston
- 18 Yosemite This Weekend
- 19 Where to stay in Boston?
- 20 Help with 6-7 Day Itinerary to Alaska (Early August)
- 21 Road Trip to ND, SD, Nebraska, and Iowas
- 22 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 23 Where to take mom for 70th birthday?
- 24 Child safe Hawaii beaches in late October
- 25 Honeymoon from Chicago to picture rocks