I'm thinking of a trip to Houston from Dallas Thursday 7/4 to Saturday 7/6. Ideally I'd like to visit the Galleria for a little bit, but my focus will be on the art museum district (Menil, Houston Museum of Arts) and Montrose. I'll be needing to take advantage of the MegaBonus, so I will plan for two one-night stays. I also hope to be gold by that point through a challenge.
I can stay at the JW Galleria and Marriott by West Loop for a great price. I think the Marriott has a shuttle service to Galleria and maybe within a certain radius. I could also capitalize on gold benefits. However, getting around to main sightseeing places I'd want to see seems tough on public transport. Other options would be Courtyard West University and Medical Center, which are more accessible on public transport but less luxurious and don't offer the benefits.
Any thoughts on which option?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 2 Vegas-Arizona-Utah road Trip
- 3 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 4 Best place for first night; Beach?
- 5 Relocating to the Deep South
- 6 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 7 Seattle to Los Angeles Dec 2015
- 8 Traveling to bend ore via hwy 5 fron SF in early January
- 9 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 10 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 11 Security at Lucas Oil Stadium for Big Ten Championship
- 12 Costco Chicken Salad Recalled
- 13 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 14 south west family trip itinerary
- 15 Oahu November 2015 Trip Report
- 16 Report & Photos: Behind the Scenes at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!
- 17 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 18 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving
- 19 Adele saves Thanksgiving
- 20 wasting time around JFK
- 21 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 22 RV Roadtrip | Elkhart, IN to Middletown, NJ | Mid March 2016
- 23 outside adventure Las Vegas? Food too
- 24 SF Restaurant
- 25 Best cities with Mild winter temperatures