I'm thinking of a trip to Houston from Dallas Thursday 7/4 to Saturday 7/6. Ideally I'd like to visit the Galleria for a little bit, but my focus will be on the art museum district (Menil, Houston Museum of Arts) and Montrose. I'll be needing to take advantage of the MegaBonus, so I will plan for two one-night stays. I also hope to be gold by that point through a challenge.
I can stay at the JW Galleria and Marriott by West Loop for a great price. I think the Marriott has a shuttle service to Galleria and maybe within a certain radius. I could also capitalize on gold benefits. However, getting around to main sightseeing places I'd want to see seems tough on public transport. Other options would be Courtyard West University and Medical Center, which are more accessible on public transport but less luxurious and don't offer the benefits.
Any thoughts on which option?
Help with July 4th Marriott Houston trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Las Vegas to Los Angeles via Death Valley
- 2 San Diego/Los Angeles Trip with Teens
- 3 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 4 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 5 Alaska cruise and land
- 6 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 7 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 8 Grand Circle Itinerary Utah
- 9 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 10 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 11 NYC taxi vs car service
- 12 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 13 rain in Kauai
- 14 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 15 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 16 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 17 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 18 WISCONSIN
- 19 Wedding in Hawaii
- 20 Charleston, SC Beaches
- 21 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 22 Shuttle Recommendations - Penn Station to JFK
- 23 Cabins less than one hour Rabun County Georgia in NC
- 24 Yellowstone and Grand Tetons Sept - Itinerary/Lodging Decisions
- 25 San Fransisco to LA