I'm thinking of a trip to Houston from Dallas Thursday 7/4 to Saturday 7/6. Ideally I'd like to visit the Galleria for a little bit, but my focus will be on the art museum district (Menil, Houston Museum of Arts) and Montrose. I'll be needing to take advantage of the MegaBonus, so I will plan for two one-night stays. I also hope to be gold by that point through a challenge.
I can stay at the JW Galleria and Marriott by West Loop for a great price. I think the Marriott has a shuttle service to Galleria and maybe within a certain radius. I could also capitalize on gold benefits. However, getting around to main sightseeing places I'd want to see seems tough on public transport. Other options would be Courtyard West University and Medical Center, which are more accessible on public transport but less luxurious and don't offer the benefits.
Any thoughts on which option?
Help with July 4th Marriott Houston trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 2 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 3 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 4 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson
- 5 Mesa Verde
- 6 relocating travel
- 7 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 8 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 9 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 10 Seattle Hyatts
- 11 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 12 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 13 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 14 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 15 Heading to Maine in September - Where are the moose?
- 16 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 17 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 18 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 19 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 20 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 21 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 22 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL
- 23 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 24 Bath County, VA - anyone ever been?
- 25 ONP help