I'm thinking of a trip to Houston from Dallas Thursday 7/4 to Saturday 7/6. Ideally I'd like to visit the Galleria for a little bit, but my focus will be on the art museum district (Menil, Houston Museum of Arts) and Montrose. I'll be needing to take advantage of the MegaBonus, so I will plan for two one-night stays. I also hope to be gold by that point through a challenge.
I can stay at the JW Galleria and Marriott by West Loop for a great price. I think the Marriott has a shuttle service to Galleria and maybe within a certain radius. I could also capitalize on gold benefits. However, getting around to main sightseeing places I'd want to see seems tough on public transport. Other options would be Courtyard West University and Medical Center, which are more accessible on public transport but less luxurious and don't offer the benefits.
Any thoughts on which option?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Mid September New England trip itinerary
- 2 Cannon Beach or Manzanita
- 3 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 4 SEPTA system in Philadelphia
- 5 Trip Advice Sought Southwest Trip
- 6 A week in NYC - first timers
- 7 Boston restaurants
- 8 Itinerary Critique
- 9 Covered parking outside Boston and near public transportation
- 10 Tucson in February
- 11 Ideas for New Orleans trip
- 12 Road trip Miami to Maine May/June 2016
- 13 Self drive from Mt Rushmore to Denver
- 14 Lets each do a post
- 15 Relative Merits of Living in Various Areas in LA
- 16 Stops in Vermont/Southern NH
- 17 Help with visit for a month!!
- 18 Studio-size Apartments, Guest Houses for rent, Ojai and Ventura
- 19 Philadelphia Airport to Independence Hall
- 20 Need help planning Arizona & California Desert trip in March
- 21 Chicago to Appleton, WI how to....
- 22 FLA testing the waters
- 23 Planning Monet/Matisse visit to Cleveland Museum of Art
- 24 Our first trip to Hawaii
- 25 San Diego Airport Hotels