I'm thinking of a trip to Houston from Dallas Thursday 7/4 to Saturday 7/6. Ideally I'd like to visit the Galleria for a little bit, but my focus will be on the art museum district (Menil, Houston Museum of Arts) and Montrose. I'll be needing to take advantage of the MegaBonus, so I will plan for two one-night stays. I also hope to be gold by that point through a challenge.
I can stay at the JW Galleria and Marriott by West Loop for a great price. I think the Marriott has a shuttle service to Galleria and maybe within a certain radius. I could also capitalize on gold benefits. However, getting around to main sightseeing places I'd want to see seems tough on public transport. Other options would be Courtyard West University and Medical Center, which are more accessible on public transport but less luxurious and don't offer the benefits.
Any thoughts on which option?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Oklahoma - Dallas - Houston - New Orleans - Orlando
- 2 Farewell from Ira
- 3 Need a corporate sedan in JFK
- 4 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 5 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 6 The Manhattan Project - The Maitais Return To The Big Apple
- 7 Overnight tour from New York to see Washington, D.C.
- 8 Historial/Culture-filled restaurants in Savannah, and Atlanta!
- 9 Where to stay in Missoula?
- 10 Hudson Valley Drive Suggestions
- 11 2 months road trip out west - need one way renting mini RV
- 12 Driving San Antonio to Galveston--how to avoid Houston
- 13 Cape Cod - around Sandwich
- 14 Recommendations for birthday Sunday brunch near but outside Boston
- 15 Pacific coast road trip
- 16 Springfield, Massachusetts and I-91 : Surprisingly Awesome
- 17 Restaurants in San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma Valley
- 18 chicago to hibbing
- 19 Arlington Hotels
- 20 Fun family adventures in/around Charleston?
- 21 Cabin rental in march
- 22 Our explorations of the Hudson Valley & Catskills
- 23 Driving from south Florida to San Diego late September...where to stop?
- 24 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 25 Restaurants close to King's Station?