I'm thinking of a trip to Houston from Dallas Thursday 7/4 to Saturday 7/6. Ideally I'd like to visit the Galleria for a little bit, but my focus will be on the art museum district (Menil, Houston Museum of Arts) and Montrose. I'll be needing to take advantage of the MegaBonus, so I will plan for two one-night stays. I also hope to be gold by that point through a challenge.
I can stay at the JW Galleria and Marriott by West Loop for a great price. I think the Marriott has a shuttle service to Galleria and maybe within a certain radius. I could also capitalize on gold benefits. However, getting around to main sightseeing places I'd want to see seems tough on public transport. Other options would be Courtyard West University and Medical Center, which are more accessible on public transport but less luxurious and don't offer the benefits.
Any thoughts on which option?
Help with July 4th Marriott Houston trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 2 Sea world San Diego
- 3 Flight Deals to Hawaii From Nashville?
- 4 Kauai - rainy forecast every day of our trip!
- 5 Why you shouldn't hang your purse over the back of your chair in Boston
- 6 Glacier National Park 10 Days
- 7 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 8 Centrally located hotel in Philadelphia
- 9 Best to do list on Hawaii
- 10 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 11 Small group dining in Napa area
- 12 San Diego: Point Loma>Ocean Beach
- 13 Montana- what are must see places?
- 14 Italian restaurants in NYC
- 15 Maui - Haleakala
- 16 HELP WITH SONOMA AREA ITINERARY
- 17 Utah restaurants
- 18 Vegas, Grand Canyon, Utah National Parks trip advice
- 19 Kauai Garden tours
- 20 Another Perfect Visit to Paradise: Kauai
- 21 Toddler in California but where to go?
- 22 Wyndham timeshares--should we or shouldn't
- 23 A short stay in LA...Trip Report
- 24 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 25 Planning a Day Trip from Poughkeepsie (Returning by 6pm)