I'm thinking of a trip to Houston from Dallas Thursday 7/4 to Saturday 7/6. Ideally I'd like to visit the Galleria for a little bit, but my focus will be on the art museum district (Menil, Houston Museum of Arts) and Montrose. I'll be needing to take advantage of the MegaBonus, so I will plan for two one-night stays. I also hope to be gold by that point through a challenge.
I can stay at the JW Galleria and Marriott by West Loop for a great price. I think the Marriott has a shuttle service to Galleria and maybe within a certain radius. I could also capitalize on gold benefits. However, getting around to main sightseeing places I'd want to see seems tough on public transport. Other options would be Courtyard West University and Medical Center, which are more accessible on public transport but less luxurious and don't offer the benefits.
Any thoughts on which option?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Kids Vacation Place
- 2 San Francisco through Colorado Rockies
- 3 Help Planning Zion/Bryce Itinerary
- 4 Lake Tahoe hotel with a lake view
- 5 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 6 Day in Spokane
- 7 Napa valley getaway
- 8 Marriott or Sheraton in Orlando?
- 9 CA Fire - need revised itinerary help
- 10 AUGUST---7 day San Fran to San Diego
- 11 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 12 Desert Southwest
- 13 Transit Advisory - PATH system - Weekends from August 6 to December 19, 2016
- 14 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 15 Road trip from Gulf Coast to Key West
- 16 Boston waterfront Italian
- 17 Last minute Maine/New Hampshire trip
- 18 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 19 Zion and Bryce in July
- 20 East United State - what do you reccomend ?
- 21 First time, Best business class?
- 22 What to pack
- 23 Trip Report: 2 weeks from SF to Yellowstone and back, June 2016
- 24 summer vacation
- 25 Restaurant Recs for Minneapolis