I'm thinking of a trip to Houston from Dallas Thursday 7/4 to Saturday 7/6. Ideally I'd like to visit the Galleria for a little bit, but my focus will be on the art museum district (Menil, Houston Museum of Arts) and Montrose. I'll be needing to take advantage of the MegaBonus, so I will plan for two one-night stays. I also hope to be gold by that point through a challenge.
I can stay at the JW Galleria and Marriott by West Loop for a great price. I think the Marriott has a shuttle service to Galleria and maybe within a certain radius. I could also capitalize on gold benefits. However, getting around to main sightseeing places I'd want to see seems tough on public transport. Other options would be Courtyard West University and Medical Center, which are more accessible on public transport but less luxurious and don't offer the benefits.
Any thoughts on which option?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 2 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 3 Wedding and Romantic Getaway in Florida Coast
- 4 California Trip
- 5 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 6 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 7 New Orleans
- 8 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 9 Chadd's Ford/Andrew Wyeth
- 10 Texarkana to Wautoma, WI
- 11 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 12 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip
- 13 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 14 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 15 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 16 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 17 Weather in Chicago
- 18 Road trip around Washington DC
- 19 Utah trip Itinerary
- 20 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 21 6 days to drive from Wisconsin to Florida solo?
- 22 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 23 Place of Interest between Moab and LAS in Southern Utah?
- 24 Kentucky Derby Shuttle
- 25 Help me with this