I'm thinking of a trip to Houston from Dallas Thursday 7/4 to Saturday 7/6. Ideally I'd like to visit the Galleria for a little bit, but my focus will be on the art museum district (Menil, Houston Museum of Arts) and Montrose. I'll be needing to take advantage of the MegaBonus, so I will plan for two one-night stays. I also hope to be gold by that point through a challenge.
I can stay at the JW Galleria and Marriott by West Loop for a great price. I think the Marriott has a shuttle service to Galleria and maybe within a certain radius. I could also capitalize on gold benefits. However, getting around to main sightseeing places I'd want to see seems tough on public transport. Other options would be Courtyard West University and Medical Center, which are more accessible on public transport but less luxurious and don't offer the benefits.
Any thoughts on which option?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best Affordable Hotel to Stay in Montana - Deborah
- 2 San Fran to LA via PCH
- 3 San Antonio
- 4 Highway 1 motels
- 5 San Diego Clothing Help (woman)
- 6 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla
- 7 Alaska itinerary - Anchorage, Seward, Denali, Juneau.
- 8 11 days SE coast road trip
- 9 Kauai Eats... Recommendations??
- 10 Getting around in NYC
- 11 Best Place to Stay in Asheville, North Carolina with 80 year old dad
- 12 Mountains, Hiking and Wildlife in Fall
- 13 New Orleans Best Guided Tours
- 14 Should I cancel Florida vacation?
- 15 Looking for pretty waterfront hotel for weekend trip from Detroit
- 16 Places to stay in TX...?
- 17 3.5 weeks in the Deep South
- 18 International student, applying for school
- 19 driving from LA to Portland
- 20 advice for Short trip from Dallas to?
- 21 Where are the orcas near Seattle?
- 22 a lovely week in Grand Lake
- 23 Condo rental for snowbirds
- 24 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 25 Laguna Beach, what to do