I'm thinking of a trip to Houston from Dallas Thursday 7/4 to Saturday 7/6. Ideally I'd like to visit the Galleria for a little bit, but my focus will be on the art museum district (Menil, Houston Museum of Arts) and Montrose. I'll be needing to take advantage of the MegaBonus, so I will plan for two one-night stays. I also hope to be gold by that point through a challenge.
I can stay at the JW Galleria and Marriott by West Loop for a great price. I think the Marriott has a shuttle service to Galleria and maybe within a certain radius. I could also capitalize on gold benefits. However, getting around to main sightseeing places I'd want to see seems tough on public transport. Other options would be Courtyard West University and Medical Center, which are more accessible on public transport but less luxurious and don't offer the benefits.
Any thoughts on which option?
Help with July 4th Marriott Houston trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Rittenhouse restaurants?
- 2 Breckenridge in October
- 3 LA to SF via Yosemite- help with itinerary
- 4 Public transportation SLC to Marriott City Creek?
- 5 Halloween in California on Hwy 1
- 6 Monterey and Napa
- 7 St Augustine Hotels, what area?
- 8 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 9 East Coast in December
- 10 Maine Road Trip for fall foliage and moose sightings
- 11 Need to claim baggage in Canada when flying from BOS to CPH via YYZ?
- 12 New England in the fall
- 13 Salem public transportation- how early or late??
- 14 Weekend in Indianapolis, any pretty drives you can suggest?
- 15 N California trip questions
- 16 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 17 New York City with 3 teens!! Need help!!!
- 18 Nantucket, Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and/or Boston Honeymoon
- 19 Scenic Route from Washington, DC to NC Outer Banks
- 20 Need Bryce Canyon Advice
- 21 National Forrest Service - Photography Restrictions
- 22 Looking for Next Destination
- 23 Worst Restaurants in America
- 24 Boston: Hamersly's closing
- 25 Fall color yet?