Our family will be in NY in october, and we are planning our activities for the period between saturday 5th and wednesday 9th.
It is the first time in NY for my kids (10 and 12 years old), whose interest are more into technology and games + reading + sports. They also enjoy history but the visits to museums that are not science related have to be short.
So, with that in mind, what do you think about my preliminary itinerary?
Saturday 5th (arriving to hotel around 1 pm)
3 pm Sony Technology Wonder Lab
free time - maybe NY skyride or Top of the rock
American Museum of Natural History
Central Park (If they feel like it, I don´t know if they want to spend the whole day at AMNH or just a part of it)
Discovery Times Square exhibition (Lego probably)
Top of the Rock
MOMA for 1 hour
(+ NBC Tours are worth it? we don´t get the NBC signal in our country)
Newsies show (bought)
Statue of Liberty (already bought tickets to the Crown)
walking through CHinatown (stopping at the Chinatown Ice Cream Store) and Little Italy (maybe lunch in Chinatown or Little Italy, any suggestions?)
walking the Highline
Stores Toys R Us + M&M store + Nintendo World Store
The Lion King show (bought)
St. Patrick´s Cathedral
NY Public Library
Grand Central Terminal
I´m thinking about moving some of the stores to wednesday, I see it too busy.
Are there any other places that may be interesting for them? We have decided not to go to the Guggenheim since my kids are not exactly art fans.
I´m also wondering about walking through Little Italy and Chinatown, are there other places that may be more interesting to them?
Also, could you recommend us some places for lunch? allowing kids and letting them have a good time, but with good food (not fast food if possible).
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What to do with teenagers in Napa and Mendocino
- 2 Frustrated with VRBO owners
- 3 Biloxi Suggestions
- 4 Live in FL need a road trip suggestion
- 5 Boston, Maine, Nantucket/MV, RI,
- 6 MY BIo
- 7 Pacific beach to la jolla cove and shores
- 8 Avalon/ Catalina Questions
- 9 Vegas-GC-Page-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 10 Vegetarian options in New Orleans
- 11 Driving from Seattle to San Deigo
- 12 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 13 Oregon Itinerary Critique, please.
- 14 Realistic expectations in Yellowstone in July
- 15 Dining at CIA in Hyde Park
- 16 Trip from Anchorage to Homer, AK
- 17 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 18 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 19 Anniversary Getaway in August Where Too?
- 20 New Orleans music
- 21 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 22 Las Vegas Show Advice for Beatles Fan
- 23 Washington DC: your favorite part of your visit
- 24 Christmas vacation-Maui or Carribean?
- 25 Holman Ranch vineyard tour in Carmel Valley (Monterey County)
Help with itinerary in NY for family with 10 and 12 years old boys