Our family will be in NY in october, and we are planning our activities for the period between saturday 5th and wednesday 9th.
It is the first time in NY for my kids (10 and 12 years old), whose interest are more into technology and games + reading + sports. They also enjoy history but the visits to museums that are not science related have to be short.
So, with that in mind, what do you think about my preliminary itinerary?
Saturday 5th (arriving to hotel around 1 pm)
3 pm Sony Technology Wonder Lab
free time - maybe NY skyride or Top of the rock
American Museum of Natural History
Central Park (If they feel like it, I don´t know if they want to spend the whole day at AMNH or just a part of it)
Discovery Times Square exhibition (Lego probably)
Top of the Rock
MOMA for 1 hour
(+ NBC Tours are worth it? we don´t get the NBC signal in our country)
Newsies show (bought)
Statue of Liberty (already bought tickets to the Crown)
walking through CHinatown (stopping at the Chinatown Ice Cream Store) and Little Italy (maybe lunch in Chinatown or Little Italy, any suggestions?)
walking the Highline
Stores Toys R Us + M&M store + Nintendo World Store
The Lion King show (bought)
St. Patrick´s Cathedral
NY Public Library
Grand Central Terminal
I´m thinking about moving some of the stores to wednesday, I see it too busy.
Are there any other places that may be interesting for them? We have decided not to go to the Guggenheim since my kids are not exactly art fans.
I´m also wondering about walking through Little Italy and Chinatown, are there other places that may be more interesting to them?
Also, could you recommend us some places for lunch? allowing kids and letting them have a good time, but with good food (not fast food if possible).
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://testosteronesboosterweb.com/erorectin/
- 2 http://testosteronesboosterweb.com/erorectin/
- 3 Recommend an ATV Tour in UT, AZ or CO
- 4 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 5 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 6 San Francisco, Yosemite, Carmel
- 7 Dining & Things to Do - North Bennington
- 8 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 9 Key West Hidden Gem Hotels?
- 10 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 11 Child safe Hawaii beaches in late October
- 12 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 13 Oahu condo-Ilikai
- 14 transportation from JFK to Newark airport 1 way
- 15 road trip
- 16 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 17 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 18 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 19 Florida in October
- 20 Where to stay - Yosemite, Sequoia, Zion - late July
- 21 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 22 Hilton Waikoloa Village - Yay or Nay?
- 23 FLL to Key West
- 24 Driving south from Washington DC, but where??
- 25 Bringing gift box abroad as carry on?
Help with itinerary in NY for family with 10 and 12 years old boys