Our family will be in NY in october, and we are planning our activities for the period between saturday 5th and wednesday 9th.
It is the first time in NY for my kids (10 and 12 years old), whose interest are more into technology and games + reading + sports. They also enjoy history but the visits to museums that are not science related have to be short.
So, with that in mind, what do you think about my preliminary itinerary?
Saturday 5th (arriving to hotel around 1 pm)
3 pm Sony Technology Wonder Lab
free time - maybe NY skyride or Top of the rock
American Museum of Natural History
Central Park (If they feel like it, I don´t know if they want to spend the whole day at AMNH or just a part of it)
Discovery Times Square exhibition (Lego probably)
Top of the Rock
MOMA for 1 hour
(+ NBC Tours are worth it? we don´t get the NBC signal in our country)
Newsies show (bought)
Statue of Liberty (already bought tickets to the Crown)
walking through CHinatown (stopping at the Chinatown Ice Cream Store) and Little Italy (maybe lunch in Chinatown or Little Italy, any suggestions?)
walking the Highline
Stores Toys R Us + M&M store + Nintendo World Store
The Lion King show (bought)
St. Patrick´s Cathedral
NY Public Library
Grand Central Terminal
I´m thinking about moving some of the stores to wednesday, I see it too busy.
Are there any other places that may be interesting for them? We have decided not to go to the Guggenheim since my kids are not exactly art fans.
I´m also wondering about walking through Little Italy and Chinatown, are there other places that may be more interesting to them?
Also, could you recommend us some places for lunch? allowing kids and letting them have a good time, but with good food (not fast food if possible).
Help with itinerary in NY for family with 10 and 12 years old boys
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fall trip, best location to stay in Vermont. Need help please.
- 2 middlebury vt snow
- 3 NY to Asheville then country place to stay
- 4 Charlotte NC Lodging & Driving Question
- 5 Ideas for a family on a roadtrip around Denver and Utah
- 6 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 7 trip advice from TN to TX
- 8 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 9 Seeking advice for Glacier National Park
- 10 Caklifornia & Oregon
- 11 Rapid City to Yellowstone Route
- 12 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 13 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 14 Route 50 between Virginia and Missouri--Scenic?
- 15 San Fran to Yosemite one night stay
- 16 Drive down the West Coast 2015
- 17 Clearwater FL area
- 18 san diego or nearby area
- 19 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 20 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 21 Warning: Recent increase in violent crime in New Orleans' French Quarter
- 22 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 23 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 24 Santa Fe Area Hiking Early June - 3 full days.
- 25 Charleston, SC help