My family and I will be going on a family road trip to Las Vegas at the end of January and are looking for some help/advice with the route we should take! We don't want to drive more than ~8-9 hours a day, so we were thinking of spending 2 nights on the road and then getting into Vegas around mid-afternoon the third day. It would be nice to take a scenic route if we have the time. Google Maps tells me to go through Boise and Twin Falls, Idaho but I have no idea on whether this is a safe route (in terms of weather, drive conditions) or where to stop in between.
Any advice or thoughts on what route we should take, and also where to stop for those 2 nights?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seeking Advice/Itineraries
- 2 You think the Rainbow Room is worth a visit?
- 3 Mini Honeymoon in Philadelphia
- 4 Has anyone been to the Carlysle Lounge lately?
- 5 Looking for fun classy lounge/bar to visit
- 6 Ybor City - Best accommodation??
- 7 Ybor City - Best accommodation??
- 8 Nightine Transport! Best Hotel?
- 9 Traveling with an infant
- 10 driving RT 66
- 11 Birthday vacation ideas
- 12 From Newark to Manhattan
- 13 2017 Yellowstone or bust
- 14 Carrie's apartment in NY
- 15 Relocating to Washington DC
- 16 Commuting to New Jersey from Manhattan
- 17 How to get from the Frick Collection to Brooklyn Academy of Music
- 18 San Diego - Del vs. Loews Coronado Bay
- 19 Acadia National Park
- 20 Early 30's Couple Spending Two Weeks in Coastal Maine and Canada
- 21 2 1/2 days in Mesa Verde, Santa Fe, Taos
- 22 Yellowstone - places to stay
- 23 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 24 Entrance Time for Bryce, Arches, Canyonlands NPs?
- 25 Yellowstone/GTNP trip booked! Now need tour advice please.