My family and I will be going on a family road trip to Las Vegas at the end of January and are looking for some help/advice with the route we should take! We don't want to drive more than ~8-9 hours a day, so we were thinking of spending 2 nights on the road and then getting into Vegas around mid-afternoon the third day. It would be nice to take a scenic route if we have the time. Google Maps tells me to go through Boise and Twin Falls, Idaho but I have no idea on whether this is a safe route (in terms of weather, drive conditions) or where to stop in between.
Any advice or thoughts on what route we should take, and also where to stop for those 2 nights?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Utah too much crammed into 9 days, help please
- 2 San Diego Marriott Coronado Island or Marriott Marquis downtown?
- 3 Sonoma alley in May
- 4 California: San Fran to San Diego
- 5 Vancouver to Seattle after cruise
- 6 Lake Champlain, VT
- 7 5 Days near Denver
- 8 Denver to Mesa Verde National Park
- 9 What is the best way to get from Newark Airport to JFK
- 10 yeah or nay grand canyon in dec/jan
- 11 First time to Alaska - with kids
- 12 Help Reno,Tahoe,San Fran 6 Day Trip
- 13 Beef on Weck in WNY
- 14 Hotel in Austin
- 15 Family trip - driving from SF to LAX
- 16 WEST POINT ACADEMY GRADUATION via Catskills & mid-Hudson Valley
- 17 Boston / VT August
- 18 Lodging recs for Mackinac Island
- 19 Luggage Storage at ORD (Hilton)
- 20 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 21 New/Different in Kennebunkport?
- 22 Boston Ideas
- 23 14 Day Itinerary for Alaska in an RV
- 24 Week in LA & San Francisco
- 25 Kaihalulu Beach/Red Sand Beach - Maui, Hawaii