My family and I will be going on a family road trip to Las Vegas at the end of January and are looking for some help/advice with the route we should take! We don't want to drive more than ~8-9 hours a day, so we were thinking of spending 2 nights on the road and then getting into Vegas around mid-afternoon the third day. It would be nice to take a scenic route if we have the time. Google Maps tells me to go through Boise and Twin Falls, Idaho but I have no idea on whether this is a safe route (in terms of weather, drive conditions) or where to stop in between.
Any advice or thoughts on what route we should take, and also where to stop for those 2 nights?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 2 USA family tour
- 3 California Coast Road Trip Itinerary Help
- 4 Feinsteins 54 Below
- 5 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 6 Hawaiian Honeymoon - Hotel Advice
- 7 Sky Harbor to Tucson shuttle
- 8 How to spend a few days in mid June near Oakland
- 9 Los Angeles area wildflower viewing?
- 10 Road Trip Florida to Maine
- 11 Broadway Review - Show & Dinner
- 12 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 13 Overnight between Moab and Grand Canyon village
- 14 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 15 Here Are Our Interests, Now What Would You Add to Seattle?
- 16 Costco Travel
- 17 Which of these 3 Kona hotels
- 18 Philly Itinerary Help
- 19 10 days in Alaska. Help please
- 20 Route 81: RI to Orlando
- 21 Bryce and Zion hikes and photography
- 22 Little Bighorn, beartooth, Yellowstone, Tetons, Jackson hole, Cody
- 23 There's a Tulip Field in Texas!
- 24 4 days road trip southern New England
- 25 trip out west horses and rafting