My family and I will be going on a family road trip to Las Vegas at the end of January and are looking for some help/advice with the route we should take! We don't want to drive more than ~8-9 hours a day, so we were thinking of spending 2 nights on the road and then getting into Vegas around mid-afternoon the third day. It would be nice to take a scenic route if we have the time. Google Maps tells me to go through Boise and Twin Falls, Idaho but I have no idea on whether this is a safe route (in terms of weather, drive conditions) or where to stop in between.
Any advice or thoughts on what route we should take, and also where to stop for those 2 nights?
Help with family road trip Vancouver, BC to Las Vegas, NV
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 2 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 3 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 4 NYC theatre broadway
- 5 Alaska
- 6 San Diego grocery stores
- 7 San Diego parks and attractions
- 8 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 9 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 10 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 11 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 12 First family ski trip
- 13 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 14 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 15 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 16 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 17 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 18 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 19 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 20 Anchorage Sheraton Hotel and Spa
- 21 Visiting Denver
- 22 Visiting Denver
- 23 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 24 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 25 Laguna Beach, what to do