My family and I will be going on a family road trip to Las Vegas at the end of January and are looking for some help/advice with the route we should take! We don't want to drive more than ~8-9 hours a day, so we were thinking of spending 2 nights on the road and then getting into Vegas around mid-afternoon the third day. It would be nice to take a scenic route if we have the time. Google Maps tells me to go through Boise and Twin Falls, Idaho but I have no idea on whether this is a safe route (in terms of weather, drive conditions) or where to stop in between.
Any advice or thoughts on what route we should take, and also where to stop for those 2 nights?
Help with family road trip Vancouver, BC to Las Vegas, NV
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Searching For The Rhythm Of Florida
- 2 Check List for a Sri Lankan Wedding
- 3 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 4 Dim Sum and Pho in San Francisco
- 5 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 6 Maui vacation
- 7 Chicago in early March 2015 - a dilemma...
- 8 Use of an iPad in France
- 9 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 10 New York City Restaurants
- 11 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 12 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 13 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 14 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 15 Cabin Honeymoon Out West
- 16 DRIVING ACROSS COUNTRY EAST TO WEST MID MAY TO JUNE
- 17 Dining Suggestions for the Baltimore/Annapolis Area?
- 18 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 19 Boston/Fenway park
- 20 California self drive trip
- 21 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 22 Boutique Hotels - NYC
- 23 Timeshare Nightmares
- 24 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 25 10 day trip to California