My family and I will be going on a family road trip to Las Vegas at the end of January and are looking for some help/advice with the route we should take! We don't want to drive more than ~8-9 hours a day, so we were thinking of spending 2 nights on the road and then getting into Vegas around mid-afternoon the third day. It would be nice to take a scenic route if we have the time. Google Maps tells me to go through Boise and Twin Falls, Idaho but I have no idea on whether this is a safe route (in terms of weather, drive conditions) or where to stop in between.
Any advice or thoughts on what route we should take, and also where to stop for those 2 nights?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 2 Nice hotel / B&B in Tucson - January
- 3 destin resorts
- 4 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 5 Arlington funeral plans
- 6 Not sure how long and how to explore the florida keys
- 7 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 8 Inter-island time Hawaii
- 9 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 10 NOLA Trip Report, October 2015
- 11 Relocating to the Deep South
- 12 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
- 13 Suggestions for summer vacation near lake with dog
- 14 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 15 Hotels in Beaufort, SC and Charleston, SC
- 16 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 17 Nashville Weekend Bachelorette Trip
- 18 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 19 Warren & Annbelle's Maui
- 20 Airfares in the 1970's
- 21 Grand Canyon - Three hour Mule ride
- 22 Budget hotel San Francisco
- 23 First road trip from Tulsa to New Orleans
- 24 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 25 Seattle to San Francisco