My family and I will be going on a family road trip to Las Vegas at the end of January and are looking for some help/advice with the route we should take! We don't want to drive more than ~8-9 hours a day, so we were thinking of spending 2 nights on the road and then getting into Vegas around mid-afternoon the third day. It would be nice to take a scenic route if we have the time. Google Maps tells me to go through Boise and Twin Falls, Idaho but I have no idea on whether this is a safe route (in terms of weather, drive conditions) or where to stop in between.
Any advice or thoughts on what route we should take, and also where to stop for those 2 nights?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 2 6 days to drive from Wisconsin to Florida solo?
- 3 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 4 Road trip around Washington DC
- 5 Help me with this
- 6 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 7 Utah trip Itinerary
- 8 Houston MetroRail
- 9 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 10 Houston: see in the eveing???
- 11 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 12 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 13 Dining in St. Louis
- 14 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 15 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 16 Weather in Chicago
- 17 Las V- Grand C - Lake Tahoe
- 18 SW Colorado-help with details please
- 19 Laguna Beach Hotel
- 20 New Orleans
- 21 7 days in Maine September 23,2017
- 22 Oregon road trip
- 23 family with 3 boys needing help for west coast itinerary
- 24 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 25 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May