My family and I will be going on a family road trip to Las Vegas at the end of January and are looking for some help/advice with the route we should take! We don't want to drive more than ~8-9 hours a day, so we were thinking of spending 2 nights on the road and then getting into Vegas around mid-afternoon the third day. It would be nice to take a scenic route if we have the time. Google Maps tells me to go through Boise and Twin Falls, Idaho but I have no idea on whether this is a safe route (in terms of weather, drive conditions) or where to stop in between.
Any advice or thoughts on what route we should take, and also where to stop for those 2 nights?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 10 days in California. What should I hit?
- 2 Florida beach vacation
- 3 Spring Break National Park Visit
- 4 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 5 South Beach Miami dance clubs for people in their 30s and 40s
- 6 Fall 1st time trip wine country
- 7 Oahu Trip Report with Friends Nov 2016
- 8 I95
- 9 28 Day Road Trip to the Northwest from Chicago
- 10 Rafting the Colorado
- 11 4 Nights in NM with a 10 Year Old
- 12 Wine Country
- 13 First Time Oahu/Maui
- 14 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 15 Uber boston
- 16 New York City - Wasington February 2017
- 17 Florida vacation
- 18 Buying a home in NJ - need advice from locals thank you!
- 19 Trip to USA in July
- 20 a short trip to san francisco
- 21 Please help with Route 66 planning, overnight stops and detours
- 22 Driving from Provo to Grand Junction in March 2017
- 23 Arizona on a whirlwind update
- 24 Where's best place to stay near volcano big island besides volcano house?
- 25 Steamboat Springs, CO