My family and I will be going on a family road trip to Las Vegas at the end of January and are looking for some help/advice with the route we should take! We don't want to drive more than ~8-9 hours a day, so we were thinking of spending 2 nights on the road and then getting into Vegas around mid-afternoon the third day. It would be nice to take a scenic route if we have the time. Google Maps tells me to go through Boise and Twin Falls, Idaho but I have no idea on whether this is a safe route (in terms of weather, drive conditions) or where to stop in between.
Any advice or thoughts on what route we should take, and also where to stop for those 2 nights?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 2 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 3 Glacier National Park 2018
- 4 San Diego with teens in Februsry
- 5 Muir Woods in October
- 6 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 7 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 8 Alaska 19 day itinerary - comments/opinions, please?
- 9 Chicago - Memphis - NO - Anaheim (train/plane and taxi)
- 10 San Diego VRBO area
- 11 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 12 Queen Anne or Belltown Hotel
- 13 Southbound lanes at San Ysidro Border Crossing close for 57 hrs.
- 14 Disneyland Grand Californian
- 15 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 16 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 17 Colorado Shows Off
- 18 New England Tour
- 19 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
- 20 help me plan a Cali trip
- 21 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 22 10-hour MIA layover ideas?
- 23 Trip to San Francisco in Dec 2017
- 24 Wilmington DE questions
- 25 San Francisco to Seattle in a day (fires in Oregon)