My family and I will be going on a family road trip to Las Vegas at the end of January and are looking for some help/advice with the route we should take! We don't want to drive more than ~8-9 hours a day, so we were thinking of spending 2 nights on the road and then getting into Vegas around mid-afternoon the third day. It would be nice to take a scenic route if we have the time. Google Maps tells me to go through Boise and Twin Falls, Idaho but I have no idea on whether this is a safe route (in terms of weather, drive conditions) or where to stop in between.
Any advice or thoughts on what route we should take, and also where to stop for those 2 nights?
Help with family road trip Vancouver, BC to Las Vegas, NV
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 2 Nashville TN to Newark NJ
- 3 Black Hills Trip Report
- 4 USA trip
- 5 Sonoma or napa?
- 6 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 7 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 8 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 9 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 10 Broadway Fall and Winter 2014/15
- 11 Las vegas-Zion-Bryce-Antelope
- 12 DiBruno Brothers - what should I buy?
- 13 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 14 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 15 camaro hire in waikiki
- 16 Orlando for Work
- 17 sleepy hollow NY......what to do????
- 18 How to dress in Vegas
- 19 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 20 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 21 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 22 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 23 charlotte
- 24 Cape Cod in October
- 25 Air Connections on Maui