Hello. We will be in San Francisco for about two days in early May. We like the idea of renting a car and heading to the Muir Woods on our own. We are staying at the Holiday Inn in the Wharf. Are we crazy? Should we just consider a tour? I like the idea of getting picnic supplies at the Ferry Building and having our own time in the woods. A tour won't allow this. Advise much appreciated, including specific driving instructions from the Wharf across the bridge, suggested stops along the way, and to Sausalito from the woods. Thanks so much!
Help with driving directions to Muir Woods...
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 2 adams morgan - safety
- 3 Morning in miami
- 4 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 5 Grand Marais?
- 6 Grand Teton in October
- 7 Top NOtch restaurant Minneapolis
- 8 3 1/2 days on Oahu
- 9 Florida - Bradenton or Fort Lauderdale
- 10 Do foreign visitors need special car insurance?
- 11 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming
- 12 Minneapolis-Where to stay?
- 13 Business trip SFO - LAX and Standard Hotel
- 14 Unique & off the beaten path accomodations for Nature Lovers
- 15 Dublin International Customs / Connections
- 16 US Southwest
- 17 New England Road Trip- RI, MA, NH, ME
- 18 Traveling from Portland to San Fran/Napa Valley
- 19 Driving - Philadelphia to San Francisco
- 20 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 21 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 22 Looking for Classic/ vintage cars points of interest
- 23 Setting Up Business with Airbnb?
- 24 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 25 Central US goecaching trip via Amtrak