I am heading to Colorado to see my son who works at Beaver Creek. I will be with my brother and daughter (18). We will spend a few days in BC but would like some help with days trips- the first from BC. We enjoy photography, short hikes (weather permitting) and beautiful scenery. We are considering a day trip to Glenwood Springs on the day we rest from skiing. Other than getting in the spring itself- what is there to do? I did a bit of research but I don't see much due to it being winter, of course. Our return to Denver will be early March 24. We have that day to do more sightseeing on our drive east. We are considering either Red Rocks (worth it in winter? Seems a bit out of the way) or Boulder. We would hit Pearl St. and just enjoy the shops and get a late lunch. Is there a side trip off of 70 that would be scenic/interesting or a have a special place that we should eat? We will spend Mon night at an airport hotel. Thanks!
Help with day trips
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 2 California (San Francisco, Napa,Carmel/Monterey,Santa Barbara,San Diego)
- 3 Seeking advice for Glacier National Park
- 4 Ideas for a family on a roadtrip around Denver and Utah
- 5 Clearwater FL area
- 6 Fall trip, best location to stay in Vermont. Need help please.
- 7 Los Angeles day trips
- 8 Rapid City to Yellowstone Route
- 9 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 10 trip advice from TN to TX
- 11 san diego or nearby area
- 12 middlebury vt snow
- 13 NY to Asheville then country place to stay
- 14 Charlotte NC Lodging & Driving Question
- 15 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 16 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 17 Caklifornia & Oregon
- 18 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 19 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 20 Route 50 between Virginia and Missouri--Scenic?
- 21 San Fran to Yosemite one night stay
- 22 Drive down the West Coast 2015
- 23 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 24 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 25 Warning: Recent increase in violent crime in New Orleans' French Quarter