I am heading to Colorado to see my son who works at Beaver Creek. I will be with my brother and daughter (18). We will spend a few days in BC but would like some help with days trips- the first from BC. We enjoy photography, short hikes (weather permitting) and beautiful scenery. We are considering a day trip to Glenwood Springs on the day we rest from skiing. Other than getting in the spring itself- what is there to do? I did a bit of research but I don't see much due to it being winter, of course. Our return to Denver will be early March 24. We have that day to do more sightseeing on our drive east. We are considering either Red Rocks (worth it in winter? Seems a bit out of the way) or Boulder. We would hit Pearl St. and just enjoy the shops and get a late lunch. Is there a side trip off of 70 that would be scenic/interesting or a have a special place that we should eat? We will spend Mon night at an airport hotel. Thanks!
Help with day trips
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Narrowing things down for DC and Virginia
- 2 San Francisco - mid October
- 3 Stay in Santa Fe or Taos, NM
- 4 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 5 Vegas hotels for families
- 6 Apartment Rentals DC
- 7 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 8 Round trip from Chicago
- 9 Something to do besides drink wine in Sonoma.
- 10 Sonoma: Jack London State Historic Park
- 11 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 12 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 13 100 Reason to Love New Mexico
- 14 Tour companies
- 15 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 16 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 17 Zion to Albuquerque
- 18 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 19 Quick Trip to NYC
- 20 Why are hotels in San Francisco sooooo expensive 10/11-10/14/14
- 21 Need advise : Driving to Sequoia then to Las Vegas
- 22 3 weeks in Florida-Sarasota and Everglades recommendations needed
- 23 Nashville - Where to stay that's in the middle of it all?
- 24 DC, New York, Maine in 11 days with kids?
- 25 4th thread on East Coast trip.