I am heading to Colorado to see my son who works at Beaver Creek. I will be with my brother and daughter (18). We will spend a few days in BC but would like some help with days trips- the first from BC. We enjoy photography, short hikes (weather permitting) and beautiful scenery. We are considering a day trip to Glenwood Springs on the day we rest from skiing. Other than getting in the spring itself- what is there to do? I did a bit of research but I don't see much due to it being winter, of course. Our return to Denver will be early March 24. We have that day to do more sightseeing on our drive east. We are considering either Red Rocks (worth it in winter? Seems a bit out of the way) or Boulder. We would hit Pearl St. and just enjoy the shops and get a late lunch. Is there a side trip off of 70 that would be scenic/interesting or a have a special place that we should eat? We will spend Mon night at an airport hotel. Thanks!
Help with day trips
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 2 Need beach location for summer family reunion.
- 3 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 4 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 5 Colonial williamsburg Lodge at Christmas
- 6 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 7 New Orleans pictures
- 8 Help?! I-40 or I-20 across Southeast US this week? (Construction delays?)
- 9 Big Bend National Park - 3 days January itinerary?
- 10 Young Couple Needs Apartment Rental Advice in/around Orlando
- 11 Dining in Manhattan
- 12 Fastest and Safest (least snow) X-Country Route from Lake Tahoe to NC?
- 13 Manhattan Marriott Property December
- 14 Photo trip log from Grand Wailea
- 15 Sunnen Lake, MO
- 16 san fran sightseeing
- 17 attraction/tour ticket purchase
- 18 American Honeymoon in March
- 19 Chicago in early summer, what to do with our car
- 20 Need Help Finding the Right Spot to Ring in 2015 on the East Coast!
- 21 planning trip to Hawaii, Limited Budget
- 22 Vintage NYC Subway Cars in operation for the 2014 Holiday season
- 23 Best Route into NW Washington DC
- 24 Help! Need a good road trip idea from SF for Thanksgiving
- 25 New Orleans