Hi everyone! We live just outside Denver and want to take a 4-5 day trip this summer with our three-year-old. This will be a driving vacation and we want to go somewhere we've never been (we've been to Durango, Gunnison, Crested Butte and loved them all). We're looking at Steamboat Springs, CO or Santa Fe, NM. We love hiking, biking, exploring, and being outdoors. Our daughter can do 2-hour hikes and enjoys exploring with us. Which of these two places would you recommend, or does somewhere else come to mind? Thanks for your help!
Help us choose our summer vacation destination!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 fly fishing spring break - warm weather
- 2 Philadelphia Airport Hotels with Extended Parking
- 3 Wisconsin Dells, Lake Geneva or Door county for a family vacation?
- 4 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 5 Any edits? San Antonio & Austin Itinerary Dec 31st-Jan 5th or 6th
- 6 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 7 Portsmouth NH to NYC
- 8 Help needed from USA experts... where to?
- 9 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 10 Dinner in Miami
- 11 Orlando to Savannah
- 12 Tipping advice
- 13 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 14 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 15 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 16 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 17 Met Opera rush tickets - process changed again!
- 18 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 19 Family Reunion Ideas for Maine Coast
- 20 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 21 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 22 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 23 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 24 advice on possible employment in GA or NC rural areas
- 25 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches