Just booked this trip on the fly to see some new places...I'm a 32, single bachelor who has seen 45 states going with my travel buddy. So no kids or family type trip...I enjoy craft beer,good bars,taverns and pubs, gambling,hiking,beaches, scenery, golfing,history,boating, sports, good nightlife,great food so you have an idea of my interest and where to direct me.. Plan is land in Reno and fly back home from San Francisco.. This is a 7 night, 6 day trip ( Breakdown right now is 3 Nights & 2 Days Reno / 1 day & Night Tahoe/ 3 days & nights San Fran).
Anyways, I will have a rental car....I am landing in Reno late around 11PM, So plan is to get hotel shuttle and check in and probably start drinking and Gambling lol....Most likely staying at Circus Circus or Harrahs due to the price....Is everything in the area safe for walking at night? Also, my plan is to stay in Reno for that night when I land which would a be a Thursday night and then the whole next day there..So that puts me at 2 nights and one entire day to see and check out Reno in the daylight...Should I stay that whole extra 2nd day & 3rd night (Saturday) which I put on my Vaca Breakdown or move on south? Im 50/50 on it right now and only booked hotel first 2 nights in case I want to move on and not stay there for a third night..Also, what should I check out besides casinos? Any good bars,lounges to socialize with others in the area? (Single women places would help , not the ones working for $$$ lol )
I've been hearing about Virginia City to stop in & that looks really interesting and reminds me of when I went to Jerome,AZ....I love the old mining ghost towns...So is that a must on the way to Tahoe? Is Carson City worth stopping in? or should I just head to South Tahoe? I made one whole day & night to see Tahoe alone so if I leave Reno early that day it gives me extra time to explore more things and areas and possible extra day in San Fran area..What are the best parts and stops I should make down Lake Tahoe? I would love to hang out on the beaches and relax also..Most likely if I don't want to be in the middle of nowhere and have some nightlife I should stay by Stateline,NV/South Tahoe correct?
Sorry this is messy & real long..Anyone who can help with San Fran leg of trip also would be great..So far ATT Park, Alcatraz ( But I didnt realize you have to book so far in advance and all sold out), Golden Gate Bridge,Pier 39,Etc...I may have an extra day so Napa,San Jose? Anyone who get through this and help a guy out I truly appreciate the recommendations and input. Thank you so much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
- 2 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 3 help me plan a Cali trip
- 4 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 5 New England Tour
- 6 Colorado Shows Off
- 7 Disneyland Grand Californian
- 8 10-hour MIA layover ideas?
- 9 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 10 Trip to San Francisco in Dec 2017
- 11 Wilmington DE questions
- 12 San Francisco to Seattle in a day (fires in Oregon)
- 13 50th wedding anniversary in Hawaii??
- 14 Inexpensive Restaurants Near Canyonlands and Capitol Reef?
- 15 Getting from Seatac airport to downtown Seattle
- 16 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 17 NYC 9/11 Tour - best options?
- 18 Muir Woods in October
- 19 Dining after show at Sondheim Theatre
- 20 Road trip during Winters in Utah-NV
- 21 Southern California Sand Dunes - Oceano Dunes
- 22 Alaska trip rough Itinerary for Sep 2017
- 23 Mesa Verde question
- 24 Planning our Move
- 25 Road Trip Travel Advice - 2 Days or 3?