Planning a short trip over the long weekend to SFO, planning on staying in and around the union square area (I'll be flying into SFO and don't plan on renting a car) and do the touristy stuff while I am there.
However, I do have to visit some friends in Danville, CA (near Diablo vista park). It would just be a day trip, spend a little time and then head back into town. I would hate to get stuck driving around on my own.
So, my question to you experts here is - What possible transport options do I have to get that far? I looked at Google maps and it gets me close to the general area using BART but I still have to take a bus ride and then a cab ride after that. Are there any better alternatives to this like some kind of shuttle service in the vicinity or am I better off sticking with what Google maps suggests?
I probably will have more questions regarding things to do while I am there but I'll search the forums and start a separate thread for that. Looking forward to sunny cali!!
Thanks much in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Summer trip
- 2 San Diego to Vancouver in 14 Days
- 3 Jersey shore town recommendation for July 4th weeekend
- 4 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 5 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 6 Route Planning for East USA
- 7 Florida keys trip
- 8 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 9 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 10 Italian Food, Palm Desert
- 11 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 12 How many states have you been to?
- 13 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 14 New Yorkers...I have a subway construction question for you...
- 15 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 16 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 17 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 18 Guest Ranch - Montana/Wyoming
- 19 Skagway
- 20 Retiring in NM?
- 21 Chicago to Charleston
- 22 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 23 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 24 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 25 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
Help please! Need to figure out how to go from SFO to Danville, CA