Planning a short trip over the long weekend to SFO, planning on staying in and around the union square area (I'll be flying into SFO and don't plan on renting a car) and do the touristy stuff while I am there.
However, I do have to visit some friends in Danville, CA (near Diablo vista park). It would just be a day trip, spend a little time and then head back into town. I would hate to get stuck driving around on my own.
So, my question to you experts here is - What possible transport options do I have to get that far? I looked at Google maps and it gets me close to the general area using BART but I still have to take a bus ride and then a cab ride after that. Are there any better alternatives to this like some kind of shuttle service in the vicinity or am I better off sticking with what Google maps suggests?
I probably will have more questions regarding things to do while I am there but I'll search the forums and start a separate thread for that. Looking forward to sunny cali!!
Thanks much in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Family trip Las Vegas to Zion, Bryce, Page, GC and Sedona?
- 2 Mesa Verde National Park Colorado
- 3 DC Metro to other sites?
- 4 Harper's Ferry from DC?
- 5 HAWAII- best islands at xmas time
- 6 DC Hotel location help
- 7 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 8 Restaurant near Whitney Museum
- 9 Dinosaur National Monument
- 10 Eastern Seaboard
- 11 Would you go on a trip if you had to use crutches?
- 12 Cleveland West Side Market
- 13 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 14 Cape Cod summer vacation
- 15 road trip from Illinois to NY city, Cape Cod, and Boston
- 16 Rocky Mountain National Park
- 17 New England Fall Foliage - First Timers
- 18 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 19 Miami airport--safety??
- 20 Zurich airport connections
- 21 Heading to Asheville, NC
- 22 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 23 Recent Spam Attacks
- 24 Five national parks in ten days -- during the government shutdown
- 25 Bryce, Zion, Arches, Canyonlands in one week? In October?
Help please! Need to figure out how to go from SFO to Danville, CA