Planning a short trip over the long weekend to SFO, planning on staying in and around the union square area (I'll be flying into SFO and don't plan on renting a car) and do the touristy stuff while I am there.
However, I do have to visit some friends in Danville, CA (near Diablo vista park). It would just be a day trip, spend a little time and then head back into town. I would hate to get stuck driving around on my own.
So, my question to you experts here is - What possible transport options do I have to get that far? I looked at Google maps and it gets me close to the general area using BART but I still have to take a bus ride and then a cab ride after that. Are there any better alternatives to this like some kind of shuttle service in the vicinity or am I better off sticking with what Google maps suggests?
I probably will have more questions regarding things to do while I am there but I'll search the forums and start a separate thread for that. Looking forward to sunny cali!!
Thanks much in advance!!
Help please! Need to figure out how to go from SFO to Danville, CA
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 2 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 3 rain in Kauai
- 4 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 5 Washington, DC to Boston
- 6 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 7 San Diego Trip Report
- 8 Drive from Lake Winnipesaukee to Portland, ME.
- 9 Meredith or Wolfeboro
- 10 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 11 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 12 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 13 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 14 WISCONSIN
- 15 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 16 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 17 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 18 Yellowstone and Grand Tetons Sept - Itinerary/Lodging Decisions
- 19 Driving into Manhattan route?
- 20 A few hours in Salt Lake City
- 21 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 22 Phoenix restaurants
- 23 Favorite Flightseeing from Anchorage in June?
- 24 Where to Go for Labor Day Weekend??
- 25 Road trip to include Boston and Concord: where to stay?