We are considering a 6-12 month full-time RV adventure with two kids. One of my concerns right now is that we will be leaving Montana in January - I know, not the best time to be travelling, especially in a motorhome, but sometimes you take what you can get. We aren't able to leave work until then so that's the deal.
We are heading for Florida as our first long-term destination and will work our way back up the Eastern Coast. Our first thought was to head straight south and then east to Florida. Google maps routes the trip in a southeastern direction through the plains. My question is posed to those of you that are familiar with winter weather and general winter driving conditions for the two possible routes:
Option 1: Straight South (either through Salt Lake or Denver) and then East
(Utah/Wyoming/Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama
Option 2: SouthEasterly
(South Dakota, Nebraska/Iowa, Kansas/Missouri, Tennessee, Georgia)
Now I know this is not a simple question - winter weather is very unpredictable (as I am familiar with living in Montana and travelling to Oregon frequently over several mountain passes). I'm hoping to just get a general feeling/thoughts/observations about either route. We will watch the weather and be flexible in our plans as the time get closer. I'd just like to get a starting point to work from.
Thanks in advance! I look forward to asking many, many questions as we get started on this journey.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.supplementadvise.com/allure-cream-reviews/
- 2 http://www.idealhealthdoctor.com/nutra-forskolin-reviews/
- 3 Testosterone Supplementation>>>http://fornatgaex.com/tvolve-reviews/
- 4 Great OR beach house locations?
- 5 Pittsburgh to Richmond - Possible Routes?
- 6 Four Nights in Texas? San Antonio? Austin? Dallas?
- 7 Honeymoon Trip to California
- 8 Honeymoon on PCH
- 9 Shuttle, taxi or Uber from PGD to Boca Grande area
- 10 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 11 Road Trip From Central PA TO CA (LA, California)
- 12 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 13 No Spam this morning!!
- 14 San Francisco transit options
- 15 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 16 South Beach, Miami Affordable Hotels
- 17 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 18 Best ground transportation from Denver airport to Boulder?
- 19 Driving from San Francisco to Seattle late december/early january
- 20 First time visit to New Orleans: Hilton Riverside or New Orleans Marriott?
- 21 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 22 Ideas for New York
- 23 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 24 Seeing The Hunley in Charleston
- 25 Hollywood Area where to stay
Help planning winter driving route for start of our RV adventure