We are a couple in our late 20's from Northern ireland. This June/July we are travelling from New York to Cape Cod then on to Ohio to see family (23 days total) in our hire car.
I think we have our first leg of the trip covered- but need help planning travel route from Cape Cod on to Ohio at the start of July. We are keen to skirt New Hampshire and Vermont if possible and would like to see some covered bridges etc. I had hoped to take in Salem on route to New Hampshire- but may this be too out of the way?
We will likely stop over in either NewHampshire or Vermont for one night- any suggestions for either place ( small budget!) ???
Also should we then continue on into New York state and maybe follow the lakes (erie is it?) on into top of ohio? .......or should we cut down into Pennsylvania then into Ohio?
Our destination is New Philadelphia in Ohio. We would like to see as much nice scenery on our route so any suggestions or particular places to see- and which route may be best would be much apprweciated!!! Thanks, Sarah.
Help planning route from Cape Cod to Ohio!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 2 Oregon- Crater Lake and Mount Hood vs Montana- Glacier Bay National Park
- 3 Charming,not too expensive restaurant recommendations needed
- 4 Tipping advice
- 5 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 6 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 7 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 8 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 9 los angeles restaurants
- 10 "American in Paris" on Broadway
- 11 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 12 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 13 New Year's Eve in Philadelphia
- 14 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 15 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 16 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 17 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 18 From NY to Miami with 3 teenage kids
- 19 NW Houston restaurant help
- 20 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 21 Restaurant in NYC advice
- 22 Solo Female Traveller to New Orleans
- 23 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 24 Wilmington, NC to Raleigh - Anything interesting to see in between?
- 25 charleston during Christmas Week