I would love some help planning a two week road trip in September. We are flying from Dublin to Washington on the 1st. After a couple of days in Washington, we hope to hire a car and set off down South.
We have an interest in natural beauty, history, golf, wine & food.
I've heard of places like the Blue Ridge Parkway, Asheville, Biltmore, Waynesville, Brevard, Charlottesville, Charleston, Savannah & the Outer Banks, although I'm not sure what these paces have to offer and what order we should do the itinerary.
I would really appreciate any advice on these or other places and a suggested route.
Any tips on hotels or inns would be welcome too. We will splash out a few times for nice places to stay but also probably do a few motels en route.
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Big Sur evacuated due to Soberanes fire August 7, 2016
- 2 Hiking 'the wave'
- 3 Restaurant Help Needed
- 4 Finding Steve Perry
- 5 Glacier, Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks
- 6 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Policy
- 7 Trip to visit our children in St Louis, MO and Little Rock, AR.
- 8 Hawaii: 3 islands
- 9 Best Culinary Tour in Charleston?
- 10 Seattle first timers....outdoor trip in October
- 11 Dog friendly beaches near Savannah?
- 12 Pacific Northwest Food and Wine
- 13 Tksgiving trip Anacortes or Whidbey Island?
- 14 Any suggestions for the holidays 2016
- 15 Last Minute NYC tips??
- 16 LA to Carlsbad, 7 days, December
- 17 San Jose to Napa Valley
- 18 las vegas anyone
- 19 5 Day Photography Road Trip from Vegas to Denver
- 20 Foliage in Vermont
- 21 las vegas anyone
- 22 Grand Canyon
- 23 Washington DC
- 24 New England itinerary help
- 25 Trip Report - NYC Girls Weekend
Help planning an itinerary from Washington to Georgia & the Carolinas