I would love some help planning a two week road trip in September. We are flying from Dublin to Washington on the 1st. After a couple of days in Washington, we hope to hire a car and set off down South.
We have an interest in natural beauty, history, golf, wine & food.
I've heard of places like the Blue Ridge Parkway, Asheville, Biltmore, Waynesville, Brevard, Charlottesville, Charleston, Savannah & the Outer Banks, although I'm not sure what these paces have to offer and what order we should do the itinerary.
I would really appreciate any advice on these or other places and a suggested route.
Any tips on hotels or inns would be welcome too. We will splash out a few times for nice places to stay but also probably do a few motels en route.
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 2 Your favourite places in New York City
- 3 Belmond Charleston, Mills House Wyndham or Spectator?
- 4 Glacier-Banaff-Jasper NPs Car Rental
- 5 Trip Report: Charleston SC, Hilton Head, Savannah GA and Jekyll Island
- 6 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 7 5-7day one way Cruise or 26 glacier day cruise
- 8 Cape cod Labor Day
- 9 Trip report -- Vermont: Bennington and Manchester
- 10 where do the locals eat in Portland, Maine
- 11 One night one day in dallas accommodation
- 12 Steamboat in August
- 13 Help with first road trip - southeast us in January?
- 14 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 15 hiking in RMNP - Clothing Layers in August
- 16 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 17 Calming Stay near Seattle/Vacouver??
- 18 Hawaii - What 2 Islands? Maui, HI or Honolulu
- 19 Los Angeles - 2 Days
- 20 Portland to mt St. Helens and my rainer
- 21 Alaskan cruise excursions
- 22 Whale watching in Bar Harbor Maine
- 23 A Delectable Brunch At The Presidio in San Francisco
- 24 'Merca! My National Parks road trip.
- 25 3 week road trip South Carolina and Georgia
Help planning an itinerary from Washington to Georgia & the Carolinas