I would love some help planning a two week road trip in September. We are flying from Dublin to Washington on the 1st. After a couple of days in Washington, we hope to hire a car and set off down South.
We have an interest in natural beauty, history, golf, wine & food.
I've heard of places like the Blue Ridge Parkway, Asheville, Biltmore, Waynesville, Brevard, Charlottesville, Charleston, Savannah & the Outer Banks, although I'm not sure what these paces have to offer and what order we should do the itinerary.
I would really appreciate any advice on these or other places and a suggested route.
Any tips on hotels or inns would be welcome too. We will splash out a few times for nice places to stay but also probably do a few motels en route.
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Considering a vacation in Texas this year
- 2 Seafood In Cannon Beach
- 3 Sarasota, Florida, good value hotels
- 4 Florida Beach Hotel
- 5 Texas area with nature AND proximity to a city?
- 6 Savannah in st patrick's weekend?
- 7 Washington DC with kids
- 8 My road trip through southern US.
- 9 Late night eating in Kauai
- 10 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 11 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 12 Road trip from North Carolina to Maine
- 13 Florida Nature Trip
- 14 help from a true New Yorker.
- 15 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 16 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 17 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 18 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 19 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 20 Safety Concerns
- 21 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 22 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 23 Alaska independent tour for group
- 24 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 25 5 days in Colorado
Help planning an itinerary from Washington to Georgia & the Carolinas