I would love some help planning a two week road trip in September. We are flying from Dublin to Washington on the 1st. After a couple of days in Washington, we hope to hire a car and set off down South.
We have an interest in natural beauty, history, golf, wine & food.
I've heard of places like the Blue Ridge Parkway, Asheville, Biltmore, Waynesville, Brevard, Charlottesville, Charleston, Savannah & the Outer Banks, although I'm not sure what these paces have to offer and what order we should do the itinerary.
I would really appreciate any advice on these or other places and a suggested route.
Any tips on hotels or inns would be welcome too. We will splash out a few times for nice places to stay but also probably do a few motels en route.
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Must see places around Burlington, VT
- 2 Where to take mom for 70th birthday?
- 3 Road trip from San Diego to San Francisco with kids
- 4 Worthwhile in San Francisco
- 5 Hotel Choice Chicago: Loop or Magnificent Mile?
- 6 Maine- Portland to Bar Habor Advice needed
- 7 How to eat cheaply in NY
- 8 Visting a friend during layover
- 9 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 10 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 11 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 12 florida gulf coast
- 13 Road trip advice needed please
- 14 Chicago restaurants
- 15 Willamette Valley to PDX--what are the options?
- 16 Roadtrip from Chicago to Philadelphia
- 17 6 Days in California - Advice Needed for first timer!
- 18 Yosemite vs. Yellowstone
- 19 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 20 Newark long term parking
- 21 Sad News for Maine Lobster Lovers
- 22 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 23 Help plan my trip please
- 24 Heading to Asheville, NC
- 25 Chicago: Hotel Monaco, Swissotel, Sofitel?
Help planning an itinerary from Washington to Georgia & the Carolinas