I would love some help planning a two week road trip in September. We are flying from Dublin to Washington on the 1st. After a couple of days in Washington, we hope to hire a car and set off down South.
We have an interest in natural beauty, history, golf, wine & food.
I've heard of places like the Blue Ridge Parkway, Asheville, Biltmore, Waynesville, Brevard, Charlottesville, Charleston, Savannah & the Outer Banks, although I'm not sure what these paces have to offer and what order we should do the itinerary.
I would really appreciate any advice on these or other places and a suggested route.
Any tips on hotels or inns would be welcome too. We will splash out a few times for nice places to stay but also probably do a few motels en route.
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Nice hotel / B&B in Tucson - January
- 2 Hotels in Beaufort, SC and Charleston, SC
- 3 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 4 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 5 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 6 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
- 7 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 8 Nashville Weekend Bachelorette Trip
- 9 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 10 Warren & Annbelle's Maui
- 11 Airfares in the 1970's
- 12 Relocating to the Deep South
- 13 Grand Canyon - Three hour Mule ride
- 14 Budget hotel San Francisco
- 15 First road trip from Tulsa to New Orleans
- 16 Inter-island time Hawaii
- 17 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 18 Not sure how long and how to explore the florida keys
- 19 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 20 Seattle to San Francisco
- 21 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 22 San Francisco and Napa
- 23 Miami to West Palm Beach tomorrow!
- 24 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 25 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
Help planning an itinerary from Washington to Georgia & the Carolinas