I would love some help planning a two week road trip in September. We are flying from Dublin to Washington on the 1st. After a couple of days in Washington, we hope to hire a car and set off down South.
We have an interest in natural beauty, history, golf, wine & food.
I've heard of places like the Blue Ridge Parkway, Asheville, Biltmore, Waynesville, Brevard, Charlottesville, Charleston, Savannah & the Outer Banks, although I'm not sure what these paces have to offer and what order we should do the itinerary.
I would really appreciate any advice on these or other places and a suggested route.
Any tips on hotels or inns would be welcome too. We will splash out a few times for nice places to stay but also probably do a few motels en route.
Thanks so much.
Help planning an itinerary from Washington to Georgia & the Carolinas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 2 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 3 "Off the beaten path" road trip from Vail, CO
- 4 Aussies' USA "White Xmas" 2013/14 Trip Report
- 5 Visiting Paso Robles wine country
- 6 Backpacking in April
- 7 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 8 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 9 replica designer handbags
- 10 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 11 First family ski trip
- 12 San Diego parks and attractions
- 13 Cape Cod in early April
- 14 USA with a 3 year old
- 15 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 16 united and carry-ons
- 17 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 18 Portland Maine Hotels
- 19 Help choosing Chicago hotel
- 20 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 21 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 22 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool
- 23 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 24 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 25 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!