I would love some help planning a two week road trip in September. We are flying from Dublin to Washington on the 1st. After a couple of days in Washington, we hope to hire a car and set off down South.
We have an interest in natural beauty, history, golf, wine & food.
I've heard of places like the Blue Ridge Parkway, Asheville, Biltmore, Waynesville, Brevard, Charlottesville, Charleston, Savannah & the Outer Banks, although I'm not sure what these paces have to offer and what order we should do the itinerary.
I would really appreciate any advice on these or other places and a suggested route.
Any tips on hotels or inns would be welcome too. We will splash out a few times for nice places to stay but also probably do a few motels en route.
Thanks so much.
Help planning an itinerary from Washington to Georgia & the Carolinas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tipping advice
- 2 Trip to Jupiter, FL
- 3 los angeles restaurants
- 4 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 5 Calf trip
- 6 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 7 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 8 West Maui Restaurants
- 9 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 10 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 11 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 12 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 13 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 14 Napa/Sonoma hotel confusion...please help
- 15 Key West Hotel in January
- 16 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 17 New Orleans Trip Report - Dec. 2014
- 18 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 19 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 20 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 21 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 22 4 week family trip ideas
- 23 x mas
- 24 Trip to Niagara Falls
- 25 Florida in between stop 2 days after Key Largo towards St.pete