I would love some help planning a two week road trip in September. We are flying from Dublin to Washington on the 1st. After a couple of days in Washington, we hope to hire a car and set off down South.
We have an interest in natural beauty, history, golf, wine & food.
I've heard of places like the Blue Ridge Parkway, Asheville, Biltmore, Waynesville, Brevard, Charlottesville, Charleston, Savannah & the Outer Banks, although I'm not sure what these paces have to offer and what order we should do the itinerary.
I would really appreciate any advice on these or other places and a suggested route.
Any tips on hotels or inns would be welcome too. We will splash out a few times for nice places to stay but also probably do a few motels en route.
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help me with this
- 2 Seattle or Portland or Vancouver?
- 3 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 4 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon in August
- 5 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 6 California Trip
- 7 Atlanta With Toddler
- 8 What do you think of my Yellowstone itinerary - August 2017?
- 9 6 days to drive from Wisconsin to Florida solo?
- 10 JFK Terminal 8
- 11 Washington DC in July - hotel, and what items to book now
- 12 Atlanta airport to Marietta, GA traffic
- 13 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 14 family with 3 boys needing help for west coast itinerary
- 15 Tohono Chul Tucson?
- 16 AR State Parks
- 17 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 18 Need advice-Early June Oregon Coast, Columbia River Gorge, Crater Lake
- 19 2 hours international transit in DFW airport
- 20 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 21 9-10 day trip to WA
- 22 Apply in 12th grade for an international student ?
- 23 West to East Coast in 10 days
- 24 Proposed Los Angeles itinerary, almost exclusively without a car
- 25 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
Help planning an itinerary from Washington to Georgia & the Carolinas