I would love some help planning a two week road trip in September. We are flying from Dublin to Washington on the 1st. After a couple of days in Washington, we hope to hire a car and set off down South.
We have an interest in natural beauty, history, golf, wine & food.
I've heard of places like the Blue Ridge Parkway, Asheville, Biltmore, Waynesville, Brevard, Charlottesville, Charleston, Savannah & the Outer Banks, although I'm not sure what these paces have to offer and what order we should do the itinerary.
I would really appreciate any advice on these or other places and a suggested route.
Any tips on hotels or inns would be welcome too. We will splash out a few times for nice places to stay but also probably do a few motels en route.
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.healthynutritionshop.com/alpha-prime-elite/
- 2 Wine Country
- 3 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 4 Renting a car with DWAI
- 5 San Francisco first visit.
- 6 Olympic vs. Redwood NPs
- 7 Please help with Route 66 planning, overnight stops and detours
- 8 Looking for a restaurant! Oregon 101
- 9 NYC: Milburn or Millenium Hilton
- 10 What time should we buy Liberty/Ellis Island tickets for?
- 11 First Time Oahu/Maui
- 12 Park City- handicapped
- 13 Has anyone rent US travel WiFi before?
- 14 CHRISTMAS WEEK: NEW YORK STYLE
- 15 Driving from Provo to Grand Junction in March 2017
- 16 Arizona on a whirlwind update
- 17 PLEASE HELP!!!! need beach in maui for not-so-strong swimmer....
- 18 Disney Wild Africa Trek
- 19 Yellowstone in early May
- 20 Boston (1/25-1/29), NYC (1/30-2/5)- theater, food, museum exhibits?
- 21 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 22 5 days in Central Florida--where to stay and what to see
- 23 3 Days Itinerary Recommendation for Maui
- 24 Comment Needed: 22 Days - West Cost (California & LV)
- 25 My kingdom for an acai bowl on Hawaii Island
Help planning an itinerary from Washington to Georgia & the Carolinas