I would love some help planning a two week road trip in September. We are flying from Dublin to Washington on the 1st. After a couple of days in Washington, we hope to hire a car and set off down South.
We have an interest in natural beauty, history, golf, wine & food.
I've heard of places like the Blue Ridge Parkway, Asheville, Biltmore, Waynesville, Brevard, Charlottesville, Charleston, Savannah & the Outer Banks, although I'm not sure what these paces have to offer and what order we should do the itinerary.
I would really appreciate any advice on these or other places and a suggested route.
Any tips on hotels or inns would be welcome too. We will splash out a few times for nice places to stay but also probably do a few motels en route.
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 International student, applying for school
- 2 Road trip from Iowa to South Carolina
- 3 11 days SE coast road trip
- 4 http://www.erecteentry.com/bio-x4/
- 5 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 6 8wks Exploring Canada, Alaska & the Northwestern States
- 7 Road trip from and back to New York
- 8 50th in Hawaii
- 9 a lovely week in Grand Lake
- 10 Bear cubs at Wild Animal Sanctuary
- 11 Martha's Vineyard_Day Trip
- 12 Silverthorne
- 13 New Issues with Air BnB in NYC
- 14 Places to stay in TX...?
- 15 Best Affordable Hotel to Stay in Montana - Deborah
- 16 Where are the orcas near Seattle?
- 17 Trip Report - Chicago - Thunstorms, Thunderstorms, Thunderstorms
- 18 Afternoon in Philadelphia
- 19 Condo rental for snowbirds
- 20 Ironman Housing in Kailua Kona
- 21 advice for Short trip from Dallas to?
- 22 Condos in Kauai and Big Island
- 23 My Topic TitlePalm Springs at the Last MInute, Help Please!
- 24 Roadtrip in the South. Help on when to go!
- 25 Where to stay for 1 night near Morgantown WV
Help planning an itinerary from Washington to Georgia & the Carolinas