I would love some help planning a two week road trip in September. We are flying from Dublin to Washington on the 1st. After a couple of days in Washington, we hope to hire a car and set off down South.
We have an interest in natural beauty, history, golf, wine & food.
I've heard of places like the Blue Ridge Parkway, Asheville, Biltmore, Waynesville, Brevard, Charlottesville, Charleston, Savannah & the Outer Banks, although I'm not sure what these paces have to offer and what order we should do the itinerary.
I would really appreciate any advice on these or other places and a suggested route.
Any tips on hotels or inns would be welcome too. We will splash out a few times for nice places to stay but also probably do a few motels en route.
Thanks so much.
Help planning an itinerary from Washington to Georgia & the Carolinas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York City and New England
- 2 San Francisco with 7 kids ages 5-14
- 3 WHY are rental cars in December in Florida so expensive?
- 4 The East Coast adventure: December 2014
- 5 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 6 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 7 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 8 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted
- 9 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 10 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 11 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 12 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 13 Quick Austin weekend itinerary review
- 14 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 15 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 16 Best Destination in USA
- 17 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 18 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 19 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 20 Dinner stop between Boston and Bradley Airport in CT (Windsor)
- 21 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 22 x mas
- 23 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 24 US 101 closed N of Florence
- 25 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice