I would love some help planning a two week road trip in September. We are flying from Dublin to Washington on the 1st. After a couple of days in Washington, we hope to hire a car and set off down South.
We have an interest in natural beauty, history, golf, wine & food.
I've heard of places like the Blue Ridge Parkway, Asheville, Biltmore, Waynesville, Brevard, Charlottesville, Charleston, Savannah & the Outer Banks, although I'm not sure what these paces have to offer and what order we should do the itinerary.
I would really appreciate any advice on these or other places and a suggested route.
Any tips on hotels or inns would be welcome too. We will splash out a few times for nice places to stay but also probably do a few motels en route.
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://tophealthsupplement.com/
- 2 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 3 Chicago 2017
- 4 Secaucus as base for New York 3 days-advice
- 5 Black History Museum
- 6 Another Great DC Trip
- 7 West coast to East Coast in April-May 2018
- 8 How much time in Badlands?
- 9 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 10 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 11 seeking advice -- scenic drive from DC to Chapel Hill
- 12 DC Restaurants
- 13 Sequoia National Park/Kings Canyon/Amtrak/Tours/grandchild
- 14 Short Oregon Trip
- 15 usa roadtrip
- 16 Hawaii and...where?
- 17 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 18 Route from Denver to SteamboatSprings
- 19 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 20 Christmas in Colorado
- 21 Chaco Canyon and Mesa Verde
- 22 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 23 Fall vacation in Beavers Bend State Park
- 24 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 25 Babysitting on the North Shore, Oahu
Help planning an itinerary from Washington to Georgia & the Carolinas