I would love some help planning a two week road trip in September. We are flying from Dublin to Washington on the 1st. After a couple of days in Washington, we hope to hire a car and set off down South.
We have an interest in natural beauty, history, golf, wine & food.
I've heard of places like the Blue Ridge Parkway, Asheville, Biltmore, Waynesville, Brevard, Charlottesville, Charleston, Savannah & the Outer Banks, although I'm not sure what these paces have to offer and what order we should do the itinerary.
I would really appreciate any advice on these or other places and a suggested route.
Any tips on hotels or inns would be welcome too. We will splash out a few times for nice places to stay but also probably do a few motels en route.
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Sonoma
- 2 Fodor's Walt Disney World 2017 travel guide
- 3 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 4 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 5 101 closure
- 6 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 7 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
- 8 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 9 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 10 Cruise to Alaska. Ports- Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, Victoria
- 11 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 12 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 13 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 14 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 15 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 16 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 17 Gate1 8 Day Grand Canyon tour review/ Comments
- 18 Alaska cruise
- 19 Spur of the moment Chicago advice.
- 20 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 21 New Orleans
- 22 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 23 Kentucky Derby Shuttle
- 24 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 25 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
Help planning an itinerary from Washington to Georgia & the Carolinas