I would love some help planning a two week road trip in September. We are flying from Dublin to Washington on the 1st. After a couple of days in Washington, we hope to hire a car and set off down South.
We have an interest in natural beauty, history, golf, wine & food.
I've heard of places like the Blue Ridge Parkway, Asheville, Biltmore, Waynesville, Brevard, Charlottesville, Charleston, Savannah & the Outer Banks, although I'm not sure what these paces have to offer and what order we should do the itinerary.
I would really appreciate any advice on these or other places and a suggested route.
Any tips on hotels or inns would be welcome too. We will splash out a few times for nice places to stay but also probably do a few motels en route.
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 California Coast Road-Trip Must-Sees
- 2 6 full days in Colorado Itinerary Ideas
- 3 Midway to U of Chicago
- 4 Help PLS Philli or Boston
- 5 NYC - 10 Nights - Itinerary Feedback
- 6 Family spring break destinations on the N.E. coast
- 7 DC Cherry Blossoms 2017
- 8 Summer trip
- 9 Where to Stay in Philly in April?
- 10 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 11 Alaska Itinerary - Suggestions & Comments Please
- 12 How many states have you been to?
- 13 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 14 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 15 Jersey shore town recommendation for July 4th weeekend
- 16 Where to stay in Glacier NP
- 17 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 18 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 19 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 20 San Diego to Vancouver in 14 Days
- 21 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 22 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 23 Florida keys trip
- 24 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 25 Route Planning for East USA
Help planning an itinerary from Washington to Georgia & the Carolinas