I would love some help planning a two week road trip in September. We are flying from Dublin to Washington on the 1st. After a couple of days in Washington, we hope to hire a car and set off down South.
We have an interest in natural beauty, history, golf, wine & food.
I've heard of places like the Blue Ridge Parkway, Asheville, Biltmore, Waynesville, Brevard, Charlottesville, Charleston, Savannah & the Outer Banks, although I'm not sure what these paces have to offer and what order we should do the itinerary.
I would really appreciate any advice on these or other places and a suggested route.
Any tips on hotels or inns would be welcome too. We will splash out a few times for nice places to stay but also probably do a few motels en route.
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 2 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 3 best health clubs with lap pools
- 4 RV camping near Yosemite NP
- 5 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 6 Retiring to Tucson
- 7 Big Sure in June
- 8 universal studios and disney
- 9 Santa Fe Itineray
- 10 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 11 Folly, Surfside, Carolina or Wrightsville Beach?
- 12 Spring Break @ Big Bend
- 13 Arches Devils Garden
- 14 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 15 Steelhead fishing in Kenai Alaska
- 16 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 17 Savannah hotel
- 18 Utah National Parks visit
- 19 marriot cypress harbour
- 20 Hotel in Reno
- 21 Hwy 1/Big Sur Update
- 22 Visiting Glacier Nat'l Park with 18 mo old.
- 23 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 24 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 25 Oregon: Portland, Redwood NP, Crater Lake
Help planning an itinerary from Washington to Georgia & the Carolinas