I would love some help planning a two week road trip in September. We are flying from Dublin to Washington on the 1st. After a couple of days in Washington, we hope to hire a car and set off down South.
We have an interest in natural beauty, history, golf, wine & food.
I've heard of places like the Blue Ridge Parkway, Asheville, Biltmore, Waynesville, Brevard, Charlottesville, Charleston, Savannah & the Outer Banks, although I'm not sure what these paces have to offer and what order we should do the itinerary.
I would really appreciate any advice on these or other places and a suggested route.
Any tips on hotels or inns would be welcome too. We will splash out a few times for nice places to stay but also probably do a few motels en route.
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving from Seattle to San Deigo
- 2 Easy to Moderate Hikes - Moab Area
- 3 Brit worried about weather in Santa Barbara !
- 4 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 5 Yosemite/SNP/SFO itinerary
- 6 Magazine St. and Garden District favorites
- 7 My Vegas TR
- 8 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 9 Country bumpkins road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 10 16 Days Utah National Parks
- 11 Itinerary help for a 3-night stay in NYC?
- 12 15 Nt Feb Trip (7 in Waikiki). Possible to do South Kauai & Big Island?
- 13 Help Please: From JFK to 5th Avenue?
- 14 North Oregon Coast touring
- 15 Drive time from Lynwood to CenturyLink Field
- 16 Mill Valley California Walks and Hikes
- 17 Marthas Vineyard Ferry Questions
- 18 hawaii location for young couple needed
- 19 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 20 Maine for 9 Days- Where to begin??
- 21 Texas exploring for 18 days
- 22 flying from los angeles to see the south ??
- 23 5 Things Not to Miss in NYC?
- 24 New Orleans to Savannah two weeks
- 25 Drive from Santa Barbara to La Jolla on sunday 2 august ?
Help planning an itinerary from Washington to Georgia & the Carolinas