I was wondering if anyone had any advice on a trip I'm planning for myself and my friend this September. I'm hoping to get my head around the timeframes for driving along route 66 to see if we can fit it in with some birthday celebrations.
We have three weeks where we hopefully will;
-fly out to San Francisco from London
-Take in Route 66 while staying in Las Vegas long enough to celebrate her 30th for a few days.
-Fly home from Chicago
We'll be hiring a car so I guess I need to know how long does it take to drive the Route including stop overs and is it at all feasible with our timeframe?
Any help or a push in the right direction will be much appreciated!
Help planning a trip taking in route 66
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 2 Theater Historians
- 3 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 4 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 5 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 6 Broadway Fall and Winter 2014/15
- 7 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 8 Triple threat storms and lava flow
- 9 dinah shore weekend Palm Springs
- 10 Boston hotel & transportation
- 11 Nashville Trip Report: July 2014
- 12 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 13 NBA tickets??
- 14 DiBruno Brothers - what should I buy?
- 15 Nashville TN to Newark NJ
- 16 Air Connections on Maui
- 17 hilton capital
- 18 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 19 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 20 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 21 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 22 Help me with creating a work of art
- 23 4-5 days in L.A.-Need suggestions
- 24 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 25 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?