I was wondering if anyone had any advice on a trip I'm planning for myself and my friend this September. I'm hoping to get my head around the timeframes for driving along route 66 to see if we can fit it in with some birthday celebrations.
We have three weeks where we hopefully will;
-fly out to San Francisco from London
-Take in Route 66 while staying in Las Vegas long enough to celebrate her 30th for a few days.
-Fly home from Chicago
We'll be hiring a car so I guess I need to know how long does it take to drive the Route including stop overs and is it at all feasible with our timeframe?
Any help or a push in the right direction will be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 2 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 3 Need advice-Early June Oregon Coast, Columbia River Gorge, Crater Lake
- 4 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 5 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 6 Chadd's Ford/Andrew Wyeth
- 7 Wedding and Romantic Getaway in Florida Coast
- 8 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 9 Road trip around Washington DC
- 10 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 11 Kentucky Derby Shuttle
- 12 Four Nights in Texas? San Antonio? Austin? Dallas?
- 13 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip
- 14 Place of Interest between Moab and LAS in Southern Utah?
- 15 Texarkana to Wautoma, WI
- 16 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 17 California Trip
- 18 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 19 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 20 New Orleans
- 21 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 22 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 23 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 24 Weather in Chicago
- 25 Utah trip Itinerary