I was wondering if anyone had any advice on a trip I'm planning for myself and my friend this September. I'm hoping to get my head around the timeframes for driving along route 66 to see if we can fit it in with some birthday celebrations.
We have three weeks where we hopefully will;
-fly out to San Francisco from London
-Take in Route 66 while staying in Las Vegas long enough to celebrate her 30th for a few days.
-Fly home from Chicago
We'll be hiring a car so I guess I need to know how long does it take to drive the Route including stop overs and is it at all feasible with our timeframe?
Any help or a push in the right direction will be much appreciated!
Help planning a trip taking in route 66
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 2 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 3 Deep South roadtrip, 3 weeks, 2 more Brits needing your help!
- 4 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 5 Better cooking store in Seattle
- 6 New Orleans help please
- 7 Tipping advice
- 8 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 9 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 10 "American in Paris" on Broadway
- 11 los angeles restaurants
- 12 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 13 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 14 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 15 Durango to Mesa Verde
- 16 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 17 US 101 closed N of Florence
- 18 Oregon- Crater Lake and Mount Hood vs Montana- Glacier Bay National Park
- 19 Charming,not too expensive restaurant recommendations needed
- 20 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 21 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 22 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 23 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 24 New Year's Eve in Philadelphia
- 25 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts