I've been searching and reading and trying to figure out where to stay. My husband and I are planning a 2-week trip to Hawaii and we've never been there before. We are recreational divers (generally diving the Caribbean - calm, clear waters). We definitely want to get some diving in and were considering staying 1/2 the time on Maui and the other 1/2 on Big Island. However, now we're getting sucked into considering Kauai because we keep hearing so many great things about it. I know there's not time for all 3 islands this trip, but not sure we'll ever make it back (coming from Maryland and my husband hates flying over 3 hours!). Besides diving, we'd like to do a little hiking and exploring, beaches, and most of all just relaxing! We do like convenience to some extent, but we're not into "night life" and don't have kids that will be with us. It's for my husband's 50th birthday, so our time frame is the end of Sept - 1st week of October...which is kind of between seasons I think? Trying to figure out which islands, which resorts, and which side of the islands for good weather and calmer waters (even if we don't actually stay there). We will plan to rent a vehicle wherever we go, though with diving we prefer not to have to get up too much earlier to meet up (generally about 6:30-7am I think). Any advice, tips, or help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Help on which island(s) for Scuba Divers
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Grand Marais?
- 2 Hotel Recommendations For Rapid City, SD?
- 3 adams morgan - safety
- 4 Setting Up Business with Airbnb?
- 5 Florida - Bradenton or Fort Lauderdale
- 6 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 7 Do I have no see um bites or bedbugs?
- 8 Minneapolis-Where to stay?
- 9 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming
- 10 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 11 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 12 What To See & Do in Rapid City
- 13 Las Vegas must sees
- 14 Morning in miami
- 15 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 16 Grand Teton in October
- 17 Top NOtch restaurant Minneapolis
- 18 3 1/2 days on Oahu
- 19 Do foreign visitors need special car insurance?
- 20 Business trip SFO - LAX and Standard Hotel
- 21 Unique & off the beaten path accomodations for Nature Lovers
- 22 Dublin International Customs / Connections
- 23 US Southwest
- 24 New England Road Trip- RI, MA, NH, ME
- 25 Traveling from Portland to San Fran/Napa Valley