I've been searching and reading and trying to figure out where to stay. My husband and I are planning a 2-week trip to Hawaii and we've never been there before. We are recreational divers (generally diving the Caribbean - calm, clear waters). We definitely want to get some diving in and were considering staying 1/2 the time on Maui and the other 1/2 on Big Island. However, now we're getting sucked into considering Kauai because we keep hearing so many great things about it. I know there's not time for all 3 islands this trip, but not sure we'll ever make it back (coming from Maryland and my husband hates flying over 3 hours!). Besides diving, we'd like to do a little hiking and exploring, beaches, and most of all just relaxing! We do like convenience to some extent, but we're not into "night life" and don't have kids that will be with us. It's for my husband's 50th birthday, so our time frame is the end of Sept - 1st week of October...which is kind of between seasons I think? Trying to figure out which islands, which resorts, and which side of the islands for good weather and calmer waters (even if we don't actually stay there). We will plan to rent a vehicle wherever we go, though with diving we prefer not to have to get up too much earlier to meet up (generally about 6:30-7am I think). Any advice, tips, or help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Help on which island(s) for Scuba Divers
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Xmas in Key West: Come on Vacation, Leave on Probation
- 2 Shenandoah National Park
- 3 More Wine les Whine in Napa
- 4 Alaska restaurant prices
- 5 Cape Cod Beaches requiring foot sanitation.
- 6 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 7 A Love Letter to NYC (in Photos)
- 8 SC/GA/FL Coastal City Questions & Insect Issues
- 9 Whcih is the best fashion store chain
- 10 Sightsee in Atlanta During Layover?
- 11 San Francisco food suggestions?
- 12 Itinerary Help - options.
- 13 Day trip out of NYC - without car
- 14 Another Key West trip in the books!
- 15 Daytona Beach and ??
- 16 What is the best place to spend in summers in Texas?
- 17 Mukilteo to Whidbey Is. via Deception Pass & a ferry return??
- 18 Hawaii is still Hell
- 19 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 20 Suggestions for drive from Seattle to LA via Oregon Idaho and utah
- 21 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 22 Is Hwy 59/389 an alternate for hwy 9
- 23 PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU BOOK WITH Buena Vista Vacation Management
- 24 Priceline/HotWire Better Bidding Assistance
- 25 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!