I've been searching and reading and trying to figure out where to stay. My husband and I are planning a 2-week trip to Hawaii and we've never been there before. We are recreational divers (generally diving the Caribbean - calm, clear waters). We definitely want to get some diving in and were considering staying 1/2 the time on Maui and the other 1/2 on Big Island. However, now we're getting sucked into considering Kauai because we keep hearing so many great things about it. I know there's not time for all 3 islands this trip, but not sure we'll ever make it back (coming from Maryland and my husband hates flying over 3 hours!). Besides diving, we'd like to do a little hiking and exploring, beaches, and most of all just relaxing! We do like convenience to some extent, but we're not into "night life" and don't have kids that will be with us. It's for my husband's 50th birthday, so our time frame is the end of Sept - 1st week of October...which is kind of between seasons I think? Trying to figure out which islands, which resorts, and which side of the islands for good weather and calmer waters (even if we don't actually stay there). We will plan to rent a vehicle wherever we go, though with diving we prefer not to have to get up too much earlier to meet up (generally about 6:30-7am I think). Any advice, tips, or help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Help on which island(s) for Scuba Divers
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New locksmith, Locksmith New
- 2 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 3 Georgetown Washington DC Historic row houses along C&O Canal?
- 4 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 5 Colorado aspen updates
- 6 Yellowstone and Tetons in a Flash
- 7 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 8 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 9 Storing luggage in Manhattan for a few hours
- 10 TripReport--10 Utah Circle
- 11 Long Island Advice
- 12 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 13 Lunch near 254 west 54th st.
- 14 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 15 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 16 Boston suggestions
- 17 California
- 18 Long Weekend Travel - Where to?
- 19 Tucson area flooding
- 20 Need a Hampton Restaurant Suggestion
- 21 Cabo cancelled, so where shall 14 of us go for childless long wknd??
- 22 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 23 Portland, OR to Crater Lake to Portland- most scenic route
- 24 lunch in Boulder CO TODAY!!
- 25 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving fr PAlto/Sequoia/GC/LV/Palo Alto