We are traveling with another couple and their 1 yr old to California from mid October to the beginning of December and planning to start off in Napa and then go from there to San Fransisco and then on to Carmel, Big Sur and Los Angeles.
We're planning on staying in Napa for a week and any recommendations on restaurants where we can bring our babies and still enjoy great food and wine would be great. Should we do lunches instead of dinners? Can we visit places like The French Laundry for lunch or will it simply be too much with the babies? We are planning to rent a house for a week, any recommendations on which area to choose?
As for San Fransisco where should we stay? We'd like to stay for a couple of days.
In Big Sur we're thinking about staying at Glen Oaks?
Carmel would be just for a day or two. Ideas on hotels and restaurants?
And then there's LA, we're thinking we'll rent a house and have been looking into Silver Lake. Thoughts? Any other areas we should consider?
Also, is there anything else we simply should not miss? Yosemite?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Is this too Ambitious? Utah parks & Grand Canyon
- 2 florida gulf coast
- 3 San Francisco, Yosemite, Carmel
- 4 Fort Lauderdale to New York
- 5 Where to take mom for 70th birthday?
- 6 Montana from Salt Lake City: Help!
- 7 Nevada and California: Vegas/SF/Monterey
- 8 Road trip advice needed please
- 9 6 Days in California - Advice Needed for first timer!
- 10 1 week NE Fall trip (ME, VT, NY..)
- 11 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 12 Smoky Mountains -Cades Cove saw wolf.
- 13 Restaurant Recs in Boston
- 14 Dining & Things to Do - North Bennington
- 15 Big Island and Kauai questions
- 16 Family Trip advice please?!
- 17 New Jersey Shore - Neptune
- 18 Need input on the following itinerary for Mid Coast Maine
- 19 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 20 Grand Teton and Yellowstone June 2010 - Chilly and Gorgeous!
- 21 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 22 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 23 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 24 Tubing Rainbow River Dunnellon, Florida
- 25 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)