We are traveling with another couple and their 1 yr old to California from mid October to the beginning of December and planning to start off in Napa and then go from there to San Fransisco and then on to Carmel, Big Sur and Los Angeles.
We're planning on staying in Napa for a week and any recommendations on restaurants where we can bring our babies and still enjoy great food and wine would be great. Should we do lunches instead of dinners? Can we visit places like The French Laundry for lunch or will it simply be too much with the babies? We are planning to rent a house for a week, any recommendations on which area to choose?
As for San Fransisco where should we stay? We'd like to stay for a couple of days.
In Big Sur we're thinking about staying at Glen Oaks?
Carmel would be just for a day or two. Ideas on hotels and restaurants?
And then there's LA, we're thinking we'll rent a house and have been looking into Silver Lake. Thoughts? Any other areas we should consider?
Also, is there anything else we simply should not miss? Yosemite?
Thanks so much!
Help needed - San Francisco, Napa, Carmel, LA with babies
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 2 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 3 General Utah planning questions
- 4 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 5 Which hotel - Washington Hilton OR Cambria Suites
- 6 4 week family trip ideas
- 7 Vegetarian Friendly BBQ - Fort Worth or San Antonio?
- 8 Boston area -- nature
- 9 Hotel advice needed near Palo Alto
- 10 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 11 Naples-where to stay on the beach
- 12 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 13 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 14 California & French Polynesia
- 15 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 16 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 17 Metro or cab from Delancey St to Penn Station?
- 18 SFO black friday traffic
- 19 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 20 best place for New Year's in the South?
- 21 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 22 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 23 Dining in Manhattan
- 24 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 25 American Honeymoon in March