I was reading this forums and got some good ideas for our road trip. For our honeymoon starting Aug 4th, 2013, we are going to San Francisco for a week, and we will drive down to LA and we are heading to to palm desert from there. We are staying in LA for a night (because we will be tired after all this driving). Then we are heading to Palm desert for two night. Finally we will come back to LA for 2 nights and head out from LAX. Here are some helps/suggestions I need from you guys: (Please note that we are in our 25s, so we want to relax and have nightlife as the same time)
- What good places we can visit at San Francisco at nights and during the day? (except Alcatraz, golden bridge, and fisherman wharf)
- which places we can visit on our way from San Francisco to LA? (except Monetary aquarium and Hearst castle)
- In first visit in LA ( one night one), I have reserved a hotel at Doubletree spectrum at Irvine to be close to Laguna beach. Which places you suggest to visit? ( I have read here, some people suggest La Brisas in Laguna beach)
- where is fun to visit in Palm desert/spring area? I have reserved our resort at Miramonte in Indian Wells. any better suggestion?
- I am not sure whether the palm desert/spring plan is a good one or not. I have chosen it since I heard palm desert is fun and relaxing. any alternative plan would be appreciated. ( San Francisco in the beginning and LA at the end is a must, but Palm Spring in between can be changed)
- any suggestion for places and night life for 2nd visit to LA ( 2 nights stay one)?
any suggestion/help is appreciated.
Help Needed for California road trip -San Francisco, LA, Palm Spring/Desert
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Drive Seattle to Las Vegas
- 2 Denver, Colorado, local's advice: Bistrot Vendome or other?
- 3 Oregon Wildfire Reports
- 4 San Diego Lodging help needed
- 5 Cape Cod trip report
- 6 car rental from denver airport and shuttle question
- 7 Driving Moab to Bryce Canyon
- 8 Road Trip SW
- 9 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 10 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 11 Yellowstone/Badlands trip, family of five, revised itinerary, June 2015
- 12 yk & family 4-day trip to Portland, Maine; July 2014
- 13 moving to florida
- 14 New Englandly: a Bit of Time in Massachusetts and Maine
- 15 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 16 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 17 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 18 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 19 Alaska Local Knowledge Request
- 20 A few SF recommendations/itinerary review
- 21 Detroit area getaway - outside of the city
- 22 What a great weekend in Cooperstown (July 24-27)
- 23 Alaska Trip Report—10 days by car in July
- 24 Seafood
- 25 2 weeks in Alaska