I've booked a trip to San Francisco during a huge convention at the end of September. Hotels are very high and I wanted to keep my nightly rate at $200. Many places are sold out. I'm holding two hotels on recommendations from Fodorites -- The Mosser (Queen bed w/shared bath) and the Chelsea Motor Inn (King Bed - because I hear the two double beds/two queen bed rooms are on noisy sides of the building).
First time in the city and am bringing my elderly mother, who is fit enough for light walking, but I don't want her hoofing too much. Both of us are frugal (within reason), and are easy-going enough to bear some minor discomfort (namely, the shared beds -- we are both petite-- and small room at the Mosser).
Less keen on the Mosser because of smaller bed and shared bath, but area looks lively and seems to be in an area with more on offer within walking distance.
Less keen on the Chelsea Motor Inn because I imagine we'll be on buses quite a bit, but the room will be more comfortable.
Our itinerary will be leisurely. May do a day tour with a tour company, but mainly will be sauntering around the city - tea at the Plaza, Chinatown, nice restaurants, tour of Alcatraz.
Can anyone help with more pros and cons for first timers to San Francisco?
Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
Help me decide:Chelsea Motor Inn (Cow Hollow) vs The Mosser (4 x Market St)
- 1 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 2 Oregon Cave NM or extra day in Redwoods area?
- 3 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 4 Ackislander or others- restaurants in Nantucket in 2013
- 5 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 6 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 7 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake
- 8 Santa Fe Home Exchange - Three Wks, from start to finish
- 9 Boston and surrounding area
- 10 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 11 State cracking down on vacation rentals?
- 12 Newport, RI Questions
- 13 Rafting Snake River early June?
- 14 Staying at the Andaz in West Hollywood with kids.
- 15 Restaurant Recommendations in Salt Lake City Area
- 16 Cedar Point Wait Times
- 17 Nashville Hot Fried Chicken
- 18 Using public transit in San Diego
- 19 Rafting trip on the Snake River (Tetons/Jackson Hole)
- 20 Seward to Anchorage
- 21 Little Rock, Arkansas, Clinton Library
- 22 Iteneray help: Santa Fe-Taos-Durango-Colorado Springs
- 23 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 24 San Francisco,Monterey, Yosemite etc.!
- 25 Boat hotel vacation for a few days in Midwest