I've booked a trip to San Francisco during a huge convention at the end of September. Hotels are very high and I wanted to keep my nightly rate at $200. Many places are sold out. I'm holding two hotels on recommendations from Fodorites -- The Mosser (Queen bed w/shared bath) and the Chelsea Motor Inn (King Bed - because I hear the two double beds/two queen bed rooms are on noisy sides of the building).
First time in the city and am bringing my elderly mother, who is fit enough for light walking, but I don't want her hoofing too much. Both of us are frugal (within reason), and are easy-going enough to bear some minor discomfort (namely, the shared beds -- we are both petite-- and small room at the Mosser).
Less keen on the Mosser because of smaller bed and shared bath, but area looks lively and seems to be in an area with more on offer within walking distance.
Less keen on the Chelsea Motor Inn because I imagine we'll be on buses quite a bit, but the room will be more comfortable.
Our itinerary will be leisurely. May do a day tour with a tour company, but mainly will be sauntering around the city - tea at the Plaza, Chinatown, nice restaurants, tour of Alcatraz.
Can anyone help with more pros and cons for first timers to San Francisco?
Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
Help me decide:Chelsea Motor Inn (Cow Hollow) vs The Mosser (4 x Market St)
- 1 Carmel, California where to stay??
- 2 East coast tour - Part3: Florida
- 3 Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park opens today
- 4 stay near newark or nyc
- 5 Small Sofas
- 6 French Broad Market in Ashville, NC
- 7 New York City Parking
- 8 JFK to Upper West Side by subway
- 9 Can You Typically See Mt St Helens on the train from Seattle to Portland?
- 10 J-ville airport ground transportation
- 11 South Tahoe around July 4 - GTG?
- 12 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 13 Priceline, WARNING
- 14 Less commercial beach?
- 15 Washington Wineries
- 16 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 17 Best place for rafting: Moab, Taos or Durango?
- 18 Driving from Seattle to San Fran
- 19 Hill-Crest "Museum"
- 20 1st time to Kauai! Will not be the last!
- 21 Trip Itinerary Advice Needed - 1wk Yellowstone & Tetons
- 22 Breakfast in Chelsea district NYC
- 23 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 24 Moab Condo Rental Possibilities
- 25 Kauai golf