I've booked a trip to San Francisco during a huge convention at the end of September. Hotels are very high and I wanted to keep my nightly rate at $200. Many places are sold out. I'm holding two hotels on recommendations from Fodorites -- The Mosser (Queen bed w/shared bath) and the Chelsea Motor Inn (King Bed - because I hear the two double beds/two queen bed rooms are on noisy sides of the building).
First time in the city and am bringing my elderly mother, who is fit enough for light walking, but I don't want her hoofing too much. Both of us are frugal (within reason), and are easy-going enough to bear some minor discomfort (namely, the shared beds -- we are both petite-- and small room at the Mosser).
Less keen on the Mosser because of smaller bed and shared bath, but area looks lively and seems to be in an area with more on offer within walking distance.
Less keen on the Chelsea Motor Inn because I imagine we'll be on buses quite a bit, but the room will be more comfortable.
Our itinerary will be leisurely. May do a day tour with a tour company, but mainly will be sauntering around the city - tea at the Plaza, Chinatown, nice restaurants, tour of Alcatraz.
Can anyone help with more pros and cons for first timers to San Francisco?
Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
Help me decide:Chelsea Motor Inn (Cow Hollow) vs The Mosser (4 x Market St)
- 1 New York, New York...my kind of town
- 2 Logan Express
- 3 Reasonably priced seafood/steak restaurant near the strip in Las Vegas?
- 4 One day in NYC
- 5 Cast Party at Birdland Monday nights
- 6 Hotels in New Orleans
- 7 Great Beach's
- 8 Charleston, SC and Wild Dunes
- 9 Updates from Hanalei
- 10 National Parks?
- 11 Going to Dodge City, Kansas
- 12 Death Valley in November
- 13 Columbus food !
- 14 Hotels in NYC 26th-29th August (2013)
- 15 Blue ridge parkway
- 16 Minnesota State Fair
- 17 Another apartment rental scam in NYC
- 18 Chicago Architectural Tours
- 19 Jackson Hole & Yellowstone
- 20 Best ice cream in Charleston
- 21 Fires in Colorado
- 22 Seattle in July
- 23 1st trip to Los Angeles
- 24 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 25 Texas & the Deep South Road Trip Feb/March 2013