I've booked a trip to San Francisco during a huge convention at the end of September. Hotels are very high and I wanted to keep my nightly rate at $200. Many places are sold out. I'm holding two hotels on recommendations from Fodorites -- The Mosser (Queen bed w/shared bath) and the Chelsea Motor Inn (King Bed - because I hear the two double beds/two queen bed rooms are on noisy sides of the building).
First time in the city and am bringing my elderly mother, who is fit enough for light walking, but I don't want her hoofing too much. Both of us are frugal (within reason), and are easy-going enough to bear some minor discomfort (namely, the shared beds -- we are both petite-- and small room at the Mosser).
Less keen on the Mosser because of smaller bed and shared bath, but area looks lively and seems to be in an area with more on offer within walking distance.
Less keen on the Chelsea Motor Inn because I imagine we'll be on buses quite a bit, but the room will be more comfortable.
Our itinerary will be leisurely. May do a day tour with a tour company, but mainly will be sauntering around the city - tea at the Plaza, Chinatown, nice restaurants, tour of Alcatraz.
Can anyone help with more pros and cons for first timers to San Francisco?
Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
Help me decide:Chelsea Motor Inn (Cow Hollow) vs The Mosser (4 x Market St)
- 1 How to plan San Diego trip
- 2 IMPORTANT! Hawaii Ocean Safety Tips!
- 3 Washington Wineries
- 4 Airport luggage tamparing
- 5 I-5 bridge over Skagit River collapses, cars with people in water |
- 6 California, Northern
- 7 GROCERY STORES MAUI, HAWAII
- 8 San Francisco,Monterey, Yosemite etc.!
- 9 Visitor ocean awareness Kauai/statewide
- 10 Maui. . .where to stay for local feel
- 11 Best museums and botanical gardens in the Hawaiian Islands?
- 12 First-Time Hawaii Advice
- 13 Maui Rain Forest Hike vs Haleakala Crater Hike vs Downhill Bike Ride
- 14 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 15 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 16 Hudson Valley to Stockbridge, MA/Berkshires
- 17 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls
- 18 Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah
- 19 Using public transit in San Diego
- 20 10 day anniversary trip to Oregon Coast
- 21 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 22 Back to the Lovely City!!
- 23 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 24 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 25 Exciting historical sites in upstate NY