I am traveling with my mother-in-law to NYC for 9 days in October. Our housing recently fell through and so I need to find a hotel -- we had planned to fly into Newark, based on our previous housing arrangements. Having to pay for a hotel certainly cuts into our budget! I have been reading about taking the PATH? into NYC if we stay near the airport (in Elizabeth? -- or should we stay elsewhere?) to save on hotel costs....is this going to be a nightmare -- getting to/from the city? Seems we have to take hotel shuttle to airport and make a couple of bus changes to get to the PATH? I am confused! What hotels would you recommend.....the ratings don't help a bunch! We just need an average, clean room as we won't be there much.
Help! Making travel plans for First Time trip to NYC in October!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 2 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 3 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 4 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 5 NYC theatre broadway
- 6 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 7 First family ski trip
- 8 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 9 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 10 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 11 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 12 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 13 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 14 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 15 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 16 Visiting Denver
- 17 Visiting Denver
- 18 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 19 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 20 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 21 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 22 Denver in a half day
- 23 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 24 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 25 Oahu ideas