I am traveling with my mother-in-law to NYC for 9 days in October. Our housing recently fell through and so I need to find a hotel -- we had planned to fly into Newark, based on our previous housing arrangements. Having to pay for a hotel certainly cuts into our budget! I have been reading about taking the PATH? into NYC if we stay near the airport (in Elizabeth? -- or should we stay elsewhere?) to save on hotel costs....is this going to be a nightmare -- getting to/from the city? Seems we have to take hotel shuttle to airport and make a couple of bus changes to get to the PATH? I am confused! What hotels would you recommend.....the ratings don't help a bunch! We just need an average, clean room as we won't be there much.
Help! Making travel plans for First Time trip to NYC in October!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Why are hotels in San Francisco sooooo expensive 10/11-10/14/14
- 2 3 weeks in Florida-Sarasota and Everglades recommendations needed
- 3 Quick Trip to NYC
- 4 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 5 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 6 Nashville - Where to stay that's in the middle of it all?
- 7 Beware of Denver Crown Limo!
- 8 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 9 Acadia Carriage Rides--Which One To Do?
- 10 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 11 Road trip itinerary
- 12 Marco Island, Florida-- Itinerary and Restaurant Suggestions?
- 13 San Francisco - mid October
- 14 Denver to Vegas, stops at Bryce/Zion/?
- 15 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 16 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 17 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 18 Vegas hotels for families
- 19 Need help for our 5 night vacation in DENVER
- 20 Mystery of Death Valley's 'Sailing Stones' Solved | Moving Rocks
- 21 denver to badlands
- 22 Vegas to Grand Canyon, Bryce and/or Zion Dilemmma!
- 23 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 24 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 25 Argentinians in NYC!!