I am traveling with my mother-in-law to NYC for 9 days in October. Our housing recently fell through and so I need to find a hotel -- we had planned to fly into Newark, based on our previous housing arrangements. Having to pay for a hotel certainly cuts into our budget! I have been reading about taking the PATH? into NYC if we stay near the airport (in Elizabeth? -- or should we stay elsewhere?) to save on hotel costs....is this going to be a nightmare -- getting to/from the city? Seems we have to take hotel shuttle to airport and make a couple of bus changes to get to the PATH? I am confused! What hotels would you recommend.....the ratings don't help a bunch! We just need an average, clean room as we won't be there much.
Help! Making travel plans for First Time trip to NYC in October!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Atlanta to Denver Straight through
- 2 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving from SF to LA in 3d/2n
- 3 Navajo guide in Canyon de Chelly?
- 4 Morgan Library. Been there? Places to eat nearby?
- 5 Lunch at the Lakeside (Boathouse) restaurant in Central Park
- 6 best of yellowstone
- 7 New York itinerary for 5 or 6 days
- 8 San Diego Lodging help needed
- 9 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 10 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 11 San Diego beaches using public transportation
- 12 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 13 San Francisco - mid October
- 14 Where to go? Family looking for the perfect vacation spot.
- 15 Road Trip! Philadelphia to Montreal and Quebec
- 16 Vegas hotels for families
- 17 Kauai - a few miscellaneous questions
- 18 Where to go to hear good Hawaiian Music in Kauai?
- 19 San Diego with Kids
- 20 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 21 Route from Port Angeles to Seattle.
- 22 Transportation help in Philly
- 23 Hotel Recommendations in downtown Austin
- 24 Where to stay for Acadia National Park
- 25 Wyndham timeshares--should we or shouldn't