My husband and I are planning a 10 -14 day trip to Maine mid-July.
Based on what I've read, we would like to visit: Kennebunkport, Portland, Rockport, Camden and Bar Harbor.
We know we would like to stay at least several days in Bar Harbor so we can explore Acadia National Park. We would also like to take a day ferry someplace so we can get out on the water to see some of the islands.
I hate switching hotels every night. Ideally, I would like to plan our itinerary so that we stay only one other place in addition to Bar Harbor and do day trips.
We can fly into either Boston or Portland.
Does any have any suggestions?
Thanks so much-
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How much time in Badlands?
- 2 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 3 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 4 seeking advice -- scenic drive from DC to Chapel Hill
- 5 West coast to East Coast in April-May 2018
- 6 DC Restaurants
- 7 Sequoia National Park/Kings Canyon/Amtrak/Tours/grandchild
- 8 Short Oregon Trip
- 9 usa roadtrip
- 10 Hawaii and...where?
- 11 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 12 Route from Denver to SteamboatSprings
- 13 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 14 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 15 Chicago 2017
- 16 Christmas in Colorado
- 17 Chaco Canyon and Mesa Verde
- 18 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 19 Fall vacation in Beavers Bend State Park
- 20 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 21 Babysitting on the North Shore, Oahu
- 22 Marfa/Big Bend
- 23 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds
- 24 JFK to Washington
- 25 Phoenix for the weekend