My husband and I are planning a 10 -14 day trip to Maine mid-July.
Based on what I've read, we would like to visit: Kennebunkport, Portland, Rockport, Camden and Bar Harbor.
We know we would like to stay at least several days in Bar Harbor so we can explore Acadia National Park. We would also like to take a day ferry someplace so we can get out on the water to see some of the islands.
I hate switching hotels every night. Ideally, I would like to plan our itinerary so that we stay only one other place in addition to Bar Harbor and do day trips.
We can fly into either Boston or Portland.
Does any have any suggestions?
Thanks so much-
Help! Maine Trip Home Base
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Long Beach - alternative lodging to Queen Mary but close by
- 2 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 3 New York City in April
- 4 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 5 Public Transportation to DC and NY from Baltimore Area
- 6 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 7 san fran sightseeing
- 8 Boston in winter?
- 9 Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver BC
- 10 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 11 Need beach location for summer family reunion.
- 12 Help?! I-40 or I-20 across Southeast US this week? (Construction delays?)
- 13 Baytown, Texas
- 14 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 15 Moving from VA to CT
- 16 New Orleans pictures
- 17 Colonial williamsburg Lodge at Christmas
- 18 Boston Trip to BU from Chicago (and reply to advice)
- 19 Thanksgiving in Manhattan
- 20 American Honeymoon in March
- 21 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 22 Big Bend National Park - 3 days January itinerary?
- 23 Young Couple Needs Apartment Rental Advice in/around Orlando
- 24 Dining in Manhattan
- 25 Fastest and Safest (least snow) X-Country Route from Lake Tahoe to NC?