My husband and I are planning a 10 -14 day trip to Maine mid-July.
Based on what I've read, we would like to visit: Kennebunkport, Portland, Rockport, Camden and Bar Harbor.
We know we would like to stay at least several days in Bar Harbor so we can explore Acadia National Park. We would also like to take a day ferry someplace so we can get out on the water to see some of the islands.
I hate switching hotels every night. Ideally, I would like to plan our itinerary so that we stay only one other place in addition to Bar Harbor and do day trips.
We can fly into either Boston or Portland.
Does any have any suggestions?
Thanks so much-
Help! Maine Trip Home Base
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 2 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 3 Long Island Advice
- 4 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 5 A few hours in Salt Lake City
- 6 rental car - Highway 1 Roadtrip
- 7 Philadelphia ?
- 8 Tour of the Wester US
- 9 Petoskey Fall Break?
- 10 Turning right with red traffic light ?
- 11 S. Utah 10 day Circle-Itinery-Ist pass
- 12 Driving from Philly to Stowe, VT. Need a scenic route!
- 13 Predictions for peak leaf color in September?
- 14 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 15 Yosemite First timers in August survival Guide
- 16 Dinner-Portland, OR-Favorites?
- 17 Trip Report - 4 Days in Olympic National Park
- 18 3 days in Lake Travis area near Austin Texas
- 19 Long Weekend In Austin, Texas
- 20 Driving from coastal Maine to St. Gaudens Historical Site, Cornish NH
- 21 Great Girls' Weekend in NYC!
- 22 Connecticut trip 3rd week of September
- 23 Hawaii
- 24 Chicago Girls Weekend
- 25 Newport, RI - What's it like?