My husband and I are planning a 10 -14 day trip to Maine mid-July.
Based on what I've read, we would like to visit: Kennebunkport, Portland, Rockport, Camden and Bar Harbor.
We know we would like to stay at least several days in Bar Harbor so we can explore Acadia National Park. We would also like to take a day ferry someplace so we can get out on the water to see some of the islands.
I hate switching hotels every night. Ideally, I would like to plan our itinerary so that we stay only one other place in addition to Bar Harbor and do day trips.
We can fly into either Boston or Portland.
Does any have any suggestions?
Thanks so much-
Help! Maine Trip Home Base
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First family ski trip
- 2 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 3 NYC theatre broadway
- 4 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 5 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 6 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 7 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 8 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 9 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 10 Looking for Hotel Alternatives on Coast to Coast Trip
- 11 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 12 USA with a 3 year old
- 13 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 14 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 15 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 16 Universal studios/Orlando
- 17 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 18 Wedding venue in NH
- 19 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 20 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 21 San Diego parks and attractions
- 22 Alaska
- 23 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 24 What to do in Long Beach for a weekend?
- 25 Budget friendly long beach California restaurants