My husband and I are planning a 10 -14 day trip to Maine mid-July.
Based on what I've read, we would like to visit: Kennebunkport, Portland, Rockport, Camden and Bar Harbor.
We know we would like to stay at least several days in Bar Harbor so we can explore Acadia National Park. We would also like to take a day ferry someplace so we can get out on the water to see some of the islands.
I hate switching hotels every night. Ideally, I would like to plan our itinerary so that we stay only one other place in addition to Bar Harbor and do day trips.
We can fly into either Boston or Portland.
Does any have any suggestions?
Thanks so much-
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Salt Lake City to Northern California or Oregon trip
- 2 One afternoon and evening to kill in San Fran
- 3 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 4 1.5 days in Chicago
- 5 http://www.topadvancingincome.com/moviestarplanet-hacks/
- 6 Aug Weekend Colorado - Stay in Carbondale, Snowmass or Redstone
- 7 Ideas for 2 day/1 night Oct. side trip from NYC
- 8 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 9 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 10 New Hampshire: start from Portsmouth?
- 11 Nantucket vs. Jersey Shore
- 12 Need NYC help. Need to get from city out to Millford, NJ.
- 13 Maine in late October
- 14 Mendocino Hiking
- 15 Running kissimmee Florida
- 16 Looking for pretty waterfront hotel for weekend trip from Detroit
- 17 LOWER Antelope Canyon
- 18 Monterey whale watching
- 19 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla
- 20 5 days in Portland and Willamette wine country
- 21 Coast Starlight Amtrak
- 22 Mackinac or Holland?
- 23 Grand Canyon Rafting - paddle, oar, or motorized
- 24 Memphis to Dallas
- 25 The New Whitney