My husband and I are planning a 10 -14 day trip to Maine mid-July.
Based on what I've read, we would like to visit: Kennebunkport, Portland, Rockport, Camden and Bar Harbor.
We know we would like to stay at least several days in Bar Harbor so we can explore Acadia National Park. We would also like to take a day ferry someplace so we can get out on the water to see some of the islands.
I hate switching hotels every night. Ideally, I would like to plan our itinerary so that we stay only one other place in addition to Bar Harbor and do day trips.
We can fly into either Boston or Portland.
Does any have any suggestions?
Thanks so much-
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 2 Resort/Hotel near Port Canaveral
- 3 Southwest road trip
- 4 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 5 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 6 Grand Circle Road Trip
- 7 Beaches in Florida
- 8 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 9 Visit to the top of the Statue of Liberty
- 10 Downtown Chicago
- 11 2 Day Family Trip to Grand Canyon - RV or Lodge?
- 12 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 13 Safety Concerns
- 14 Lodging near Zion National Park
- 15 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 16 Miami/Disney World/Bahamas Cruise w/6yo
- 17 fort lauderdale
- 18 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 19 Redwood National Forest
- 20 What to do in San Diego
- 21 Grand Circle - need to add 3 nights
- 22 ISO charming NYC hotel for a staycation
- 23 First Trip to Texas -
- 24 5 days in Colorado
- 25 Port Angelas -Vegas