My husband and I are planning a 10 -14 day trip to Maine mid-July.
Based on what I've read, we would like to visit: Kennebunkport, Portland, Rockport, Camden and Bar Harbor.
We know we would like to stay at least several days in Bar Harbor so we can explore Acadia National Park. We would also like to take a day ferry someplace so we can get out on the water to see some of the islands.
I hate switching hotels every night. Ideally, I would like to plan our itinerary so that we stay only one other place in addition to Bar Harbor and do day trips.
We can fly into either Boston or Portland.
Does any have any suggestions?
Thanks so much-
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 2 50th Anniversary Trip
- 3 Boston, Maine, Nantucket/MV, RI,
- 4 Carlsbad Caverns
- 5 Trip to Colorado in one week, RMNP
- 6 Returned from Sedona
- 7 Where to Stay in San Francisco for one night
- 8 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 9 New York: "It's SOOOOOOOO Touristy"
- 10 NYC- LaGuardia to Rye
- 11 Trip from Anchorage to Homer, AK
- 12 Vegetarian options in New Orleans
- 13 Mid 20's Honeymoon
- 14 NYC with wheelchair
- 15 Lodging in Bryce or outside ?
- 16 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 17 Fun activities in Lubbock with 7 year old?
- 18 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 19 Vegas-GC-Page-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 20 Live in FL need a road trip suggestion
- 21 What to do with teenagers in Napa and Mendocino
- 22 Frustrated with VRBO owners
- 23 Biloxi Suggestions
- 24 Pacific beach to la jolla cove and shores
- 25 Avalon/ Catalina Questions