My husband and I are planning a 10 -14 day trip to Maine mid-July.
Based on what I've read, we would like to visit: Kennebunkport, Portland, Rockport, Camden and Bar Harbor.
We know we would like to stay at least several days in Bar Harbor so we can explore Acadia National Park. We would also like to take a day ferry someplace so we can get out on the water to see some of the islands.
I hate switching hotels every night. Ideally, I would like to plan our itinerary so that we stay only one other place in addition to Bar Harbor and do day trips.
We can fly into either Boston or Portland.
Does any have any suggestions?
Thanks so much-
Help! Maine Trip Home Base
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 2 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 3 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 4 San Diego
- 5 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 6 Family Camp in Maine
- 7 Spring Has Officially Sprung in Central Park
- 8 New York City Restaurants
- 9 3 Days in Denver area- want to hike and bike, stay in Boulder or Denver?
- 10 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 11 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 12 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 13 Seattle to Los Angeles and back . . . ideas for family stopping places?
- 14 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 15 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 16 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 17 Phoenix restaurants
- 18 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 19 Travel West Coast
- 20 Timeshare Nightmares
- 21 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 22 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 23 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 24 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 25 Brooklyn why?