My husband and I are planning a 10 -14 day trip to Maine mid-July.
Based on what I've read, we would like to visit: Kennebunkport, Portland, Rockport, Camden and Bar Harbor.
We know we would like to stay at least several days in Bar Harbor so we can explore Acadia National Park. We would also like to take a day ferry someplace so we can get out on the water to see some of the islands.
I hate switching hotels every night. Ideally, I would like to plan our itinerary so that we stay only one other place in addition to Bar Harbor and do day trips.
We can fly into either Boston or Portland.
Does any have any suggestions?
Thanks so much-
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 2 Looking to move from North Carolina to Colorado
- 3 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 4 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 5 Lava Bike & Hike Tour - Kalapana, Hawaii
- 6 Colorado itinerary
- 7 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 8 watching solar eclipse in Portland
- 9 Logistics of long-distance car rental
- 10 Hawaii wedding
- 11 3wks in USA, flying in & out of LA, in Jan 2018
- 12 Adventure Travel in Kenai Peninsula
- 13 12 Must-Read Rental Car & Road Trip Planning Tips
- 14 Oregon Coast with 1, 4 and 6, year old
- 15 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 16 Charlottesville & NC BBQ Trip Report
- 17 Looking for quiet beach vacation in Florida
- 18 Oregon Coast question
- 19 California road trip
- 20 Blackwater Falls State Park Lodge vs. Canaan Valley Resort
- 21 Used point to reserve room now a friend wants to stay for free
- 22 Grand Canyon in February?? Doable?
- 23 Self-Guided Walking Tours For Savannah and Charleston
- 24 Moving to Montana
- 25 WNY, Cleveland, and Niagara on the Lake