My husband and I are planning a 10 -14 day trip to Maine mid-July.
Based on what I've read, we would like to visit: Kennebunkport, Portland, Rockport, Camden and Bar Harbor.
We know we would like to stay at least several days in Bar Harbor so we can explore Acadia National Park. We would also like to take a day ferry someplace so we can get out on the water to see some of the islands.
I hate switching hotels every night. Ideally, I would like to plan our itinerary so that we stay only one other place in addition to Bar Harbor and do day trips.
We can fly into either Boston or Portland.
Does any have any suggestions?
Thanks so much-
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Farewell from Ira
- 2 Historial/Culture-filled restaurants in Savannah, and Atlanta!
- 3 The Manhattan Project - The Maitais Return To The Big Apple
- 4 Overnight tour from New York to see Washington, D.C.
- 5 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 6 Where to stay in Missoula?
- 7 Hudson Valley Drive Suggestions
- 8 2 months road trip out west - need one way renting mini RV
- 9 Driving San Antonio to Galveston--how to avoid Houston
- 10 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 11 Cape Cod - around Sandwich
- 12 Recommendations for birthday Sunday brunch near but outside Boston
- 13 Pacific coast road trip
- 14 Springfield, Massachusetts and I-91 : Surprisingly Awesome
- 15 Restaurants in San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma Valley
- 16 chicago to hibbing
- 17 Oklahoma - Dallas - Houston - New Orleans - Orlando
- 18 Arlington Hotels
- 19 Fun family adventures in/around Charleston?
- 20 Cabin rental in march
- 21 Our explorations of the Hudson Valley & Catskills
- 22 Driving from south Florida to San Diego late September...where to stop?
- 23 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 24 Restaurants close to King's Station?
- 25 Luxury Accommodations Motel-Machesney Park, IL, Janesville, WI