My husband and I are planning a 10 -14 day trip to Maine mid-July.
Based on what I've read, we would like to visit: Kennebunkport, Portland, Rockport, Camden and Bar Harbor.
We know we would like to stay at least several days in Bar Harbor so we can explore Acadia National Park. We would also like to take a day ferry someplace so we can get out on the water to see some of the islands.
I hate switching hotels every night. Ideally, I would like to plan our itinerary so that we stay only one other place in addition to Bar Harbor and do day trips.
We can fly into either Boston or Portland.
Does any have any suggestions?
Thanks so much-
Help! Maine Trip Home Base
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 2 Gulf access or beach an hr or so north of Tampa?
- 3 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 4 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 5 Green Flea in NYC
- 6 Restaurants near Miami Airport
- 7 Omni Orlando Resort Champions Gate
- 8 Orlando in March
- 9 New England September
- 10 Mother/Daughter Trip to NYC
- 11 Ackislander
- 12 Miami with a 2 yr old -- any activities?
- 13 Cross Country RV Trip
- 14 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 15 Restaurants in Lakeland, FL
- 16 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA
- 17 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 18 Mt. Hood or Columbia Gorge for family reunion?
- 19 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 20 Disney Hotel. Which should we book?
- 21 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 22 Keith Haring Exhibit at the De Young, San Francisco
- 23 Las Vegas to San Francisco - Kings Canyon or Sequoia National Park?
- 24 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 25 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?