My husband and I are planning a 10 -14 day trip to Maine mid-July.
Based on what I've read, we would like to visit: Kennebunkport, Portland, Rockport, Camden and Bar Harbor.
We know we would like to stay at least several days in Bar Harbor so we can explore Acadia National Park. We would also like to take a day ferry someplace so we can get out on the water to see some of the islands.
I hate switching hotels every night. Ideally, I would like to plan our itinerary so that we stay only one other place in addition to Bar Harbor and do day trips.
We can fly into either Boston or Portland.
Does any have any suggestions?
Thanks so much-
Help! Maine Trip Home Base
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Orlando in March
- 2 Yosemite in Winter
- 3 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 4 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 5 Flying New Orleans-Burlington Vt, which airline? Where should I connect?
- 6 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 7 1st time DC-NYC for family of 5 - Need itinerary advice
- 8 Active Vacation
- 9 Louisiana Hotel Questions
- 10 Quick SoCal question
- 11 3 weeks coast to coast from Boston to San Francisco - Help!
- 12 Prince Philip Cruise (Whittier) vs Kenai Fjords (Seward)
- 13 New England September
- 14 Required snow tires & rental cars?
- 15 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 16 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 17 New York (for women turning 50th) 2015
- 18 Tampa in February
- 19 Restaurants in Lakeland, FL
- 20 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 21 NYC LES Restaurant A Casa Fox
- 22 NYC taxi vs car service
- 23 San Francisco-renting a car for a day
- 24 Car Rental West Palm Beach
- 25 Group of 10 adults to Hawaii