My husband and I are planning a 10 -14 day trip to Maine mid-July.
Based on what I've read, we would like to visit: Kennebunkport, Portland, Rockport, Camden and Bar Harbor.
We know we would like to stay at least several days in Bar Harbor so we can explore Acadia National Park. We would also like to take a day ferry someplace so we can get out on the water to see some of the islands.
I hate switching hotels every night. Ideally, I would like to plan our itinerary so that we stay only one other place in addition to Bar Harbor and do day trips.
We can fly into either Boston or Portland.
Does any have any suggestions?
Thanks so much-
Help! Maine Trip Home Base
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 2 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 3 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 4 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 5 Road Trip SW
- 6 Driving Moab to Bryce Canyon
- 7 3 days road trip from Boston to Arcadia National park
- 8 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 9 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 10 Recommendations for accommodation in San Diego?
- 11 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 12 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 13 Chelsea Antiques Garage flea market -- RIP
- 14 moving to florida
- 15 Santa Barbara, California
- 16 Hotel near Miami airport
- 17 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 18 Chicago coffee shop/breakfast
- 19 Maui - Kaanapali shuttle/trolley
- 20 Hearst Castle - Is the Grand Rooms tour really the best for first timers?
- 21 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 22 Philly
- 23 Fancy car rental - LA to Vegas!
- 24 Nice Houston area spa for mother-daughter
- 25 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around