My husband and I are planning a 10 -14 day trip to Maine mid-July.
Based on what I've read, we would like to visit: Kennebunkport, Portland, Rockport, Camden and Bar Harbor.
We know we would like to stay at least several days in Bar Harbor so we can explore Acadia National Park. We would also like to take a day ferry someplace so we can get out on the water to see some of the islands.
I hate switching hotels every night. Ideally, I would like to plan our itinerary so that we stay only one other place in addition to Bar Harbor and do day trips.
We can fly into either Boston or Portland.
Does any have any suggestions?
Thanks so much-
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bed and Breakfasts in California
- 2 Farewell from Ira
- 3 Driving from Austin to San Francisco
- 4 Once again, another great trip to DC (August 23-30)
- 5 San Diego July 2016 - an FYI
- 6 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 7 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 8 Long weekend in New Orleans
- 9 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 10 Driving Trip to Idaho
- 11 Finding the right moving company. (Calgary to Seattle!)
- 12 orlando need a car?
- 13 Restaurants in San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma Valley
- 14 Hudson Valley Drive Suggestions
- 15 Overnight tour from New York to see Washington, D.C.
- 16 Driving San Antonio to Galveston--how to avoid Houston
- 17 Oklahoma - Dallas - Houston - New Orleans - Orlando
- 18 chicago to hibbing
- 19 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 20 Return from Bradenton FL back to New Haven CT
- 21 2 months road trip out west - need one way renting mini RV
- 22 Our explorations of the Hudson Valley & Catskills
- 23 Pix from Paradise (the Big Island, Kauai & Maui)
- 24 Fun family adventures in/around Charleston?
- 25 Cape Cod - around Sandwich