My husband and I are planning a 10 -14 day trip to Maine mid-July.
Based on what I've read, we would like to visit: Kennebunkport, Portland, Rockport, Camden and Bar Harbor.
We know we would like to stay at least several days in Bar Harbor so we can explore Acadia National Park. We would also like to take a day ferry someplace so we can get out on the water to see some of the islands.
I hate switching hotels every night. Ideally, I would like to plan our itinerary so that we stay only one other place in addition to Bar Harbor and do day trips.
We can fly into either Boston or Portland.
Does any have any suggestions?
Thanks so much-
Help! Maine Trip Home Base
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 US Southwest
- 2 Restaurant Recommendations in Tucson
- 3 Yellowstone in late Sept - early October
- 4 Dulles to DC at 2:00 a.m with kids - Taxi or Rental Car.
- 5 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming
- 6 Hawaii: Is it warm right now? How about the water?
- 7 Unique & off the beaten path accomodations for Nature Lovers
- 8 Do foreign visitors need special car insurance?
- 9 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 10 New England Road Trip- RI, MA, NH, ME
- 11 Seattle Visit April
- 12 Grand Teton in October
- 13 Dublin International Customs / Connections
- 14 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 15 Morning in miami
- 16 Cumberland Island and Surrounding Area
- 17 Trip Update: Road trip from GA to NY on student budget
- 18 Whidbey Island inns that allow kids
- 19 1 day in the Tampa/St Pete's area- what to do?
- 20 Best destination for east coast beach vacation in August?
- 21 Yet Another Yellowstone/Glacier/Grand Teton Trip Request For Help
- 22 Driving routes to Washington, D.C.
- 23 Is Stars Deli still there, 53rd and Lex?
- 24 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 25 Acadia National Park/New England States