We are a couple from South Africa on our way to the USA for a holiday! Flights are booked and paid - I now need to start getting accommodation.
Our first stop is NY and I am already stuck. I would like to stay in Manhattan near the major sights - Times Square etc but the hotels are either way to expensive or a dump.
What would you recommend - I really don't want to pay more than $200 a night (which for a South African at the current exchange rate feels like a fortune already).
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Looking for fun classy lounge/bar to visit
- 2 Seeking Advice/Itineraries
- 3 Nightine Transport! Best Hotel?
- 4 Has anyone been to the Carlysle Lounge lately?
- 5 Traveling with an infant
- 6 You think the Rainbow Room is worth a visit?
- 7 driving RT 66
- 8 Birthday vacation ideas
- 9 From Newark to Manhattan
- 10 2017 Yellowstone or bust
- 11 Carrie's apartment in NY
- 12 Relocating to Washington DC
- 13 Commuting to New Jersey from Manhattan
- 14 How to get from the Frick Collection to Brooklyn Academy of Music
- 15 San Diego - Del vs. Loews Coronado Bay
- 16 Acadia National Park
- 17 Early 30's Couple Spending Two Weeks in Coastal Maine and Canada
- 18 2 1/2 days in Mesa Verde, Santa Fe, Taos
- 19 Yellowstone - places to stay
- 20 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 21 Entrance Time for Bryce, Arches, Canyonlands NPs?
- 22 Yellowstone/GTNP trip booked! Now need tour advice please.
- 23 Palm Springs, CA trip advice
- 24 Monument Valley
- 25 A few reviews from our Santa Monica/Disneyland trip