My trip plans have changed again for next year and now it seems my Mom and I will be heading to DC for a few days at the beginning of May and will then take to the road for about 10 days. We like small towns, history and nature. I know there is lots to choose from but I'm lost with so much information. Can anyone give us suggestions?
We would like to base ourselves in a few different locations rather than move every day. My Mom has had knee surgery so hour long walks are fine but anything longer is out. I have visited Longwood before and would love to return there.
All help will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks! Laura
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Warmth in December without Zika??
- 2 Philadelphia - Safe?
- 3 Washington DC Trip in December with Small Children
- 4 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans
- 5 DC restaurant report
- 6 Arizona in winter
- 7 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 8 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 9 My parents planned a vacation for me without asking.
- 10 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 11 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 12 2016/17 Ski Season Opens
- 13 NYC bus tour suggestions
- 14 Arizona in late January
- 15 A Few Days in Asheville
- 16 University of Florida, Gainesville Breakfast Spot
- 17 Going to Oahu December 1-8
- 18 trip repor 5th-8th October
- 19 Key West
- 20 Glacier and Grand Tetons: June or July
- 21 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 22 moving to Florida
- 23 Neue Galerie
- 24 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!
- 25 Going from Savanah to thru Smokey Mountains and to the Blue Ridge