My trip plans have changed again for next year and now it seems my Mom and I will be heading to DC for a few days at the beginning of May and will then take to the road for about 10 days. We like small towns, history and nature. I know there is lots to choose from but I'm lost with so much information. Can anyone give us suggestions?
We would like to base ourselves in a few different locations rather than move every day. My Mom has had knee surgery so hour long walks are fine but anything longer is out. I have visited Longwood before and would love to return there.
All help will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks! Laura
Help for Road Trip after DC?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 2 4 Nights in LA: What does our itinerary say about where we should stay?
- 3 NY to Asheville then country place to stay
- 4 Orlando in February
- 5 Fall trip, best location to stay in Vermont. Need help please.
- 6 Travel from Seattle WA to Oceanside CA
- 7 Parking and Neighborhood for Miami-Dade County Auditorium
- 8 middlebury vt snow
- 9 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 10 Los Angeles day trips
- 11 17 day photo trip report - upstate New York
- 12 Seattle in July: Warwick or Maxwell hotel
- 13 Mt. Hood or Columbia Gorge for family reunion?
- 14 Orlando hotels
- 15 Seeking advice for Glacier National Park
- 16 Sunday morning in southern Florida
- 17 Hop On Hop Off Bus Atlanta
- 18 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 19 Driving to Daytona Beach from New Jersey
- 20 Route 50 between Virginia and Missouri--Scenic?
- 21 Atlantic coast and mountain vacation
- 22 One Way Car Rentals- LAS to SFO- without drop off charges-What to check-
- 23 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 24 California (San Francisco, Napa,Carmel/Monterey,Santa Barbara,San Diego)
- 25 Ideas for a family on a roadtrip around Denver and Utah