My trip plans have changed again for next year and now it seems my Mom and I will be heading to DC for a few days at the beginning of May and will then take to the road for about 10 days. We like small towns, history and nature. I know there is lots to choose from but I'm lost with so much information. Can anyone give us suggestions?
We would like to base ourselves in a few different locations rather than move every day. My Mom has had knee surgery so hour long walks are fine but anything longer is out. I have visited Longwood before and would love to return there.
All help will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks! Laura
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Christmas in Colorado
- 2 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 3 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 4 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 5 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 6 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds
- 7 Tucson: milestone Birthday Dinner, winter
- 8 JFK to Washington
- 9 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 10 TR Animal Kingdom Florida - WDW
- 11 San Francisco/wildfire worries
- 12 Philadelphia travel ideas
- 13 Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge in Big Sur to reopen at 5pm Friday October 13th
- 14 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 15 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 16 How much time in Badlands?
- 17 Great Smoky Mountains - Chimn Tops Trail
- 18 Winter hiking in Colorado
- 19 Hotel to stay in Queens
- 20 MIDTOWN EAST TO JFK....VIA, UBER, OR YELLOW CAB?
- 21 Las Vegas Trip Report - Royal Flusher's Lost Weekend
- 22 Where to live in the North East
- 23 Restaurants - Nashville & Memphis
- 24 Restaurant Recommendations
- 25 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?