I'm new on here, but found lots of helpful info so far. My Mum and I are planning a 7 night trip to NYC in early May, we have lots on our "to do" list. I have visited once before (away back in December 2004), but Mum has never been.
On my first visit I got some great views of the Statue of Liberty both from a helicopter tour and a cruise. This time, however, I am wondering if it would be better to visit Liberty and Ellis Island or hop on the Staten Island ferry for some great views. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Also, being from the UK, we are excited about doing lots of shopping, as we usually finf it much cheaper in the States. Is Woodbury Common worth a visit? (I'm not 100% sure if I want to spend one of my days outwith this fab city).
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Vacation Apartment Rentals
- 2 Birthday vacation ideas
- 3 Colorado Hiking in September
- 4 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 5 Looking for REPUTABLE travel insurance in US
- 6 Which area on Maui for hotel?
- 7 Vanagon Road trip Denver to SF
- 8 Traveling with an infant
- 9 How to get from the Frick Collection to Brooklyn Academy of Music
- 10 You think the Rainbow Room is worth a visit?
- 11 Seeking Advice/Itineraries
- 12 Key West, FL
- 13 New York City to New Orleans Itinerary
- 14 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 15 2017 Yellowstone or bust
- 16 Mini Honeymoon in Philadelphia
- 17 Has anyone been to the Carlysle Lounge lately?
- 18 Looking for fun classy lounge/bar to visit
- 19 Ybor City - Best accommodation??
- 20 Nightine Transport! Best Hotel?
- 21 driving RT 66
- 22 From Newark to Manhattan
- 23 Carrie's apartment in NY
- 24 Relocating to Washington DC
- 25 Commuting to New Jersey from Manhattan