I'm new on here, but found lots of helpful info so far. My Mum and I are planning a 7 night trip to NYC in early May, we have lots on our "to do" list. I have visited once before (away back in December 2004), but Mum has never been.
On my first visit I got some great views of the Statue of Liberty both from a helicopter tour and a cruise. This time, however, I am wondering if it would be better to visit Liberty and Ellis Island or hop on the Staten Island ferry for some great views. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Also, being from the UK, we are excited about doing lots of shopping, as we usually finf it much cheaper in the States. Is Woodbury Common worth a visit? (I'm not 100% sure if I want to spend one of my days outwith this fab city).
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Passport,Visa,Driving License,ID CARDS,marriage certificate:
- 2 International transferring planes at CDG
- 3 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 4 EWR to Staten Island 9:50PM
- 5 JFK TO MANHATTEN
- 6 Pls help keep dolphins happy & healthy
- 7 NYC Airport transport (well, Newark)
- 8 Day Tripping in Florida Keys
- 9 Travelling from NYC to Washington Depot
- 10 Chinese restaurants in D.C.?
- 11 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 12 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 13 Springfield, Illinois and no car. Worth a slight detour?
- 14 blue ridge parkway?
- 15 What's the 14th Street area like?
- 16 San Diego, mission valley
- 17 First Trip to New Mexico
- 18 Taxi from Honolulu airport to hotels
- 19 San Diego Sunset or La Jolla
- 20 Hamilton - Are There Bad Seats at the Rodgers?
- 21 November redwoods trip
- 22 Charleston - how long to stay?
- 23 Road Trip/Excursions for a weekend outside of Denver
- 24 Mnnpls--what to do, culture and food
- 25 Chicago marathon - Leaving hotel to MDW