I'm new on here, but found lots of helpful info so far. My Mum and I are planning a 7 night trip to NYC in early May, we have lots on our "to do" list. I have visited once before (away back in December 2004), but Mum has never been.
On my first visit I got some great views of the Statue of Liberty both from a helicopter tour and a cruise. This time, however, I am wondering if it would be better to visit Liberty and Ellis Island or hop on the Staten Island ferry for some great views. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Also, being from the UK, we are excited about doing lots of shopping, as we usually finf it much cheaper in the States. Is Woodbury Common worth a visit? (I'm not 100% sure if I want to spend one of my days outwith this fab city).
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 YellowStone or Grand Canyon in August?
- 2 Roadtrip to Yosemite etc
- 3 Hotel near Marlins Park
- 4 Flipkey may be worse the vrbo
- 5 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 6 Two Seniors Visit NOLA, Cajuns and MS, Leave Wiser
- 7 Road Trippin' I-94, I-90, I-5, I-70, & I-80
- 8 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 9 Vegas to Grand Canyon by car in a day
- 10 Husband unable to walk long distances
- 11 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 12 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 13 Pacific Coast Highway 1st Timer
- 14 Tioga Rd closed May-Oct??
- 15 All you can eat lobster in vegas and caviar
- 16 Yosemite, Sequoia, Kings Canyon in June 2018
- 17 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 18 GOOD EATING ON THE DRIVE BETWEEN FLORIDA AND THE NORTHEAST??
- 19 limited mobility for Savannah
- 20 Easter Week in Key West April 2017
- 21 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 22 Northwest Passage
- 23 Travelling to Colorado for the First Time - What Should I See and Do?
- 24 Cleveland in 36 hours
- 25 17 DAYS - NATIONAL PARKS (LOOP FROM VEGAS)