I have a group of Italian friends (from Torino) who are visiting NYC (enroute to LA) for three days the third week of November. They've been to NYC about 4 times in the past 8 years or so and are actually visiting the city again for a 77 yr old grandma who wants to see NYC again before...in her words....she passes away. She's very dramatic!
My assignment is to plan something different since they've done almost every touristy thing there is. The dramatic nana hasn't been to NYC in 8 years. So, here's my idea.....please help with suggestions or fine tune this itinerary.
Take the 34th Street Ferry to Brooklyn Bridge Park (they've done the SI ferry once and the liberty island/ellis island ferry once already)....is the ferry doing multiple stops before hitting that part of Brooklyn or is there one ferry that goes straight?)....get off at Brooklyn, visit the new park, go to Fulton Landing (nana hasn't been fulton landing), ride Jane's Carousel (I'm assuming they allow adults to ride?), walk around Dumbo (their last visit to Dumbo was 6 years ago so hopefully they don't remember anymore what they saw back in 2007)....take the F back to Union Square, switch to the L to Bedford...then off to Maison Premiere in Williamsburg (because they love oysters!) then back to the city before 8pm because they have a Broadway show to catch.
Thoughts? Suggestions would be soooooooo appreciated!
Help fine tune a one day NYC tour for Italian tourists.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Brooklyn why?
- 2 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 3 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 4 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 5 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 6 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 7 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 8 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 9 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 10 WISCONSIN
- 11 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 12 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 13 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 14 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 15 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 16 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 17 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 18 New York City Restaurants
- 19 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 20 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 21 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 22 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 23 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 24 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 25 Dining in D.C.