We are leaving in two weeks and I have been going back and forth with this trip forever. I can get reservations wherever I need them except for inside yellowstone after august 2nd at this point. Many reservations I have booked with the intentions of letting go of the ones I don't need. so here goes:
july 22-fly into Salt lake City- should arrive around 10:30am if things go smoothly however, sinced seats are not being assigned til checkin my thinking is they may be overbooked.Anyway, if we get in on time then we will head in the direction of tetons.stopping somewhere overnight, but i don't know where. otherwise we have reservations in SLC (any suggestions- knowing that we will have been up since 4:30 am- 4 of us- kids age 12/14, how far would you drive after arriving )
july 23-arrive tetons stay teton village
july 24 Tetons
july 25/26 canyon lodge high range room
july 27 drive beartooth to redlodge overnight redlodge
july 28-drive back from redlodge via regular highway in montana come in through mammoth to see hot springs and stay old faithful snow lodge
or could come back via beartooth and stay at roosevelt cabins or room at mammoth or gardiner for that matter- we need to get the hot springs in
july 29,30- Old faithful snow lodge
jly 31st could moove to old faithful inn for one night or spend one night at jackson lake lodge cabins in GTNP
august 1st-travel south SLC or travel south another scenic way and stay somewhere along the way-any suggestions!!!!
August 2nd-arrive Bryce-will probably take roundabout way to get there possibly pass through capitol reef- torrey area
Staying at Ruby's for the kids who will probably be parked out by then.
August 3/4 Bryce -hang loose,photography, enjoy scenery do cool activity with kids,
August 5-drive back to SLC
Feedback or suggestions please! I have been off from school for two weeks and have been trying to figure this out almost around the clock. At first I didn't want to change rooms so much but my thinking is that I don't have much choice if I want to get a taste of everything. Also, I thought going to red lodge would get me away from the crowds for a night.
I am running out of time so please help. feel free also to email me at
HELLLP! SLC- TE
- 1 Ohare Clearing Customs from VIE Sat May 24 @ 1:30pm for 3:10pm flight
- 2 Our first trip to the USA: What a holiday it has been!
- 3 Old Fall River Road closed in Rocky Mountain National Park through 2014
- 4 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 5 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 6 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 7 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 8 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 9 Warm and don't Drive
- 10 Savanah Sojourn
- 11 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 12 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 13 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 14 Madison Square Garden
- 15 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 16 Got Plans for New Year's Eve? Want to Count Down With a Giant Walleye?
- 17 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 18 St. Augustine, Florida
- 19 hotel near Met NYC
- 20 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 21 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 22 Are hotels in Waikiki really this bad?
- 23 NYC Rooftop bar with a view?
- 24 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 25 Which Florida Key to snorkel?