Hi! I'm considering a 5-day trip to Albuquerque and Durango, CO. We will probably only spend about a day and a half in Albuquerque. I am planning on going to Sandia Peak for some hiking one day and just touring around the old downtown area of Albuquerque the rest of the time. My question is about the heat in July. I know the average temp is 92 degrees, but I don't have a good idea of whether 92 is sweltering in New Mexico or pretty tolerable for hiking/outside activities. I'm from the east coast, but last year we were in LA when it was 107... that was the hottest heat I've ever felt. Sun beating down on us. Should I expect the same in Aluquerque?
Heat in Albuquerque
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Kauai - a few miscellaneous questions
- 2 San Francisco-Coventry Inn??
- 3 Metro or cab from Delancey St to Penn Station?
- 4 Two airports to choose from?
- 5 Alexandria, VA Marriott Residence Inn et al
- 6 Road trip itinerary
- 7 Visiting Hemingway Country, Petoskey Area
- 8 Apartment Rentals DC
- 9 Pizza Recs in the Bronx Area
- 10 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 11 Beaufort, NC or Wilmington, NC?
- 12 Two 64 year old buddies on A week trip
- 13 Narrowing things down for DC and Virginia
- 14 Need help planning trip to Atlanta, Alabama and then New Orleans
- 15 Burlington VT day trip
- 16 SLC and JAC?? - ski advice needed
- 17 East Coast trip including DC, New York and surrounding areas.
- 18 Please help with daily details for Utah Park trip next month!
- 19 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 20 Hiking, Horses, Having fun: Family Adventure in Yellowstone & Grand Teton
- 21 please advise on my Seattle-Vancouver itinerary
- 22 DC - Choosing a place to stay where the action is!
- 23 Acadia Carriage Rides--Which One To Do?
- 24 Portsmouth, New Hampshire
- 25 YNP, GT and Driggs 10 day trip 8/13-8/22 - great time was had by all!