My friend and I will be driving from Big Sur to LA in August and are wanting to stop at the Hearst Castle. We only have time for one tour. Preliminary research has people saying two different things: 1) First timers should do the Grand Rooms tour and then 2) The Grand Rooms tour is crowded and too short (not enough rooms).
I'd love to get some other perspectives so we can choose which tour to take. We're late 30's - early 40's women, no kids. We are artist types and love historical things, architecture, costumes, etc.
We'll be there too early for the evening tour, unfortunately. Should we follow everyone's advice and do the Grand Rooms tour, despite the crowds and few rooms? Or should we go crazy and see the Upstairs rooms or the Cottages & Kitchens.
I very much appreciate any feedback!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 more info: https://cleanserenewdenmark.com/ultavive-garcinia/
- 2 Planning our Move
- 3 Road Trip Travel Advice - 2 Days or 3?
- 4 Best options for viewing, learning about lava flows on Big Island?
- 5 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
- 6 Wilmington DE questions
- 7 Road trip during Winters in Utah-NV
- 8 Need tips for 14 day alaska trip Please help!
- 9 50th wedding anniversary in Hawaii??
- 10 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 11 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 12 Sperry chalet destroyed by fire
- 13 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 14 Best Marriott options NYC using Marriott points
- 15 9 day family New England Trip October - Advice
- 16 Hotel advise Chicago
- 17 Maui and Kauai
- 18 Santa Fe and Taos in November
- 19 Getting from Seatac airport to downtown Seattle
- 20 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 21 Good gift for my father who loves to travel
- 22 affordable SF hotels convenient to art museums
- 23 Trip to Cali
- 24 NYC Hotel Decision
- 25 NFL tickets
Hearst Castle - Is the Grand Rooms tour really the best for first timers?