My friend and I will be driving from Big Sur to LA in August and are wanting to stop at the Hearst Castle. We only have time for one tour. Preliminary research has people saying two different things: 1) First timers should do the Grand Rooms tour and then 2) The Grand Rooms tour is crowded and too short (not enough rooms).
I'd love to get some other perspectives so we can choose which tour to take. We're late 30's - early 40's women, no kids. We are artist types and love historical things, architecture, costumes, etc.
We'll be there too early for the evening tour, unfortunately. Should we follow everyone's advice and do the Grand Rooms tour, despite the crowds and few rooms? Or should we go crazy and see the Upstairs rooms or the Cottages & Kitchens.
I very much appreciate any feedback!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Portland to mt St. Helens and my rainer
- 2 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 3 Calming Stay near Seattle/Vacouver??
- 4 Hawaii - What 2 Islands? Maui, HI or Honolulu
- 5 http://www.bulkcrazymass.com/x-alpha-muscle-reviews
- 6 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 7 'Merca! My National Parks road trip.
- 8 3 week road trip South Carolina and Georgia
- 9 hiking in RMNP - Clothing Layers in August
- 10 Help with first road trip - southeast us in January?
- 11 A Delectable Brunch At The Presidio in San Francisco
- 12 US Open Tennis
- 13 Boston/New England late Sept. with children
- 14 Hotels in San Diego
- 15 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 16 5-7day one way Cruise or 26 glacier day cruise
- 17 Seattle Area Trip Help
- 18 Florida itinerary- your thought please
- 19 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 20 Southampton to JFK drive time and car service
- 21 Go NY Tour bus accident - 15 hurt
- 22 Cape cod, Vermont and Newyork
- 23 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 24 Rhode Island Beach Vacation?
- 25 Oregon road trip
Hearst Castle - Is the Grand Rooms tour really the best for first timers?