My friend and I will be driving from Big Sur to LA in August and are wanting to stop at the Hearst Castle. We only have time for one tour. Preliminary research has people saying two different things: 1) First timers should do the Grand Rooms tour and then 2) The Grand Rooms tour is crowded and too short (not enough rooms).
I'd love to get some other perspectives so we can choose which tour to take. We're late 30's - early 40's women, no kids. We are artist types and love historical things, architecture, costumes, etc.
We'll be there too early for the evening tour, unfortunately. Should we follow everyone's advice and do the Grand Rooms tour, despite the crowds and few rooms? Or should we go crazy and see the Upstairs rooms or the Cottages & Kitchens.
I very much appreciate any feedback!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best In Order To Blow Away Fat Safely In
- 2 Choose An Antispyware Program Download
- 3 You have earned an associated
- 4 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 5 http://www.toptryloburn.com/coal-cosmetic-moisturizer/
- 6 internet sites and is not to be had at local retail
- 7 http://healthnbeautyfacts.com/skinfresh-md-reviews/
- 8 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 9 teaspoon of table sugar only has about sixteen
- 10 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 11 How Lower Belly Fat Easy And Correctly
- 12 http://healthpurelives.com/skinfresh-md/
- 13 The Williamsburg Wedding
- 14 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 15 Mass Pike Electronic Tolling starts 10/28
- 16 OHare car service north suburbs
- 17 Yellowstone
- 18 Itinerary suggestion for southern Utah and Arizona
- 19 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!
- 20 Reasonable accommodations in Wyoming
- 21 Ah, The California Wine Country!
- 22 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 23 California relaxing vacation ideas
- 24 Wine Bars in Hollywood / Fort Lauderdale
- 25 Suggestions for Philadelphia
Hearst Castle - Is the Grand Rooms tour really the best for first timers?