Finally getting to go to California......a little later than planned but excited, nevertheless. Flying into SF, renting a car, then heading south to Monterey for 3 days, then down to Paso Robles for 2 days (near Cambria) to see Heart castle, elephant seals, wineries, then over to Yosemite Lodge At The Falls for 2 nights, then back to San Francisco for 4 nights. Tried to reserve a Green Room at Yosemite Lodge but was advised only 2 green rooms on the whole property and none were available. Can anyone recommend a building that has been renovated and is pleasant?. Read a lot of negative comments about old tired rooms. Also, any other suggestions for must see sites or restaurants, would be very welcome. Have booked Alcatraz Tour in SF, Heart Castle in Cambria and planning on the Aquarium in Monterey.
Heading to California on Thursday
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best Destination in USA
- 2 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 3 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 4 Flying from LA to Massachusetts
- 5 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 6 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 7 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 8 WHY are rental cars in December in Florida so expensive?
- 9 Better cooking store in Seattle
- 10 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 11 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 12 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 13 Grand Teton Romantic Accomdations
- 14 advice on possible employment in GA or NC rural areas
- 15 New York City and New England
- 16 The East Coast adventure: December 2014
- 17 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 18 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 19 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 20 San Francisco with 7 kids ages 5-14
- 21 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted
- 22 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 23 Quick Austin weekend itinerary review
- 24 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 25 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?