We are going to Hawaii for 10 days (8.5 days if you take away the time for the flights) next month, flying into Oahu. We've been to Oahu, so wanted to go to Maui and/or the Big Island. I was wondering if seeing both of these islands is going to be too much in that timespan given that we are flying into and out of Oahu? We'd like to see both islands, but at the same time, I don't want to be too rushed. If we only do Maui or Big Island, we'd probably add a day or two to Oahu to see some things we missed last time, but if we try for both Maui and the BI, we'd fly out of Oahu to the next island the morning after we arrive (again, giving us about 8.5 days for the other island(s).
So would you do both or just one? And if just one, which island?
In terms of our interests, there are things on both islands we'd like to do and see. We aren't the type to lie on a beach all day, but I'm not super adventurous hiker either. We'd like good food, some relaxation, beautiful sights, snorkeling, whale watching (I know it's iffy so early)--things both islands have.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 HP: PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT HP Tec*h car*e 24*7
- 2 RV road trip from CA to Idaho, Montana, Wyoming
- 3 Novel in Progress
- 4 Lunch near 9/11 Memorial
- 5 5 Days in Charleston and Savannah in December?
- 6 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 7 Rental car between Providence, RI and Woodstock CT
- 8 Trip Report National Parks Utah in October 2017
- 9 Short Notice
- 10 Utah National Parks Itinerary help please
- 11 Lodging Grand Canyon South Rim
- 12 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 13 Pawley's Island, SC Favorite Restaurants?
- 14 Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota trip report
- 15 Inn at Key West
- 16 Acadia/Bar Harbor in early June
- 17 8 day Road Trip! Spokane to New Orleans
- 18 Black History Museum
- 19 Advice needed: first trip to Hawaii
- 20 Another Great DC Trip
- 21 Chicago 2017
- 22 I Hiked the Grand Canyon Down & Up in One Day!
- 23 arizona rte 66
- 24 Yellowstone/Glacier - a cabin with a view
- 25 Food & Wine Festival at Epcot