We are going to Hawaii for 10 days (8.5 days if you take away the time for the flights) next month, flying into Oahu. We've been to Oahu, so wanted to go to Maui and/or the Big Island. I was wondering if seeing both of these islands is going to be too much in that timespan given that we are flying into and out of Oahu? We'd like to see both islands, but at the same time, I don't want to be too rushed. If we only do Maui or Big Island, we'd probably add a day or two to Oahu to see some things we missed last time, but if we try for both Maui and the BI, we'd fly out of Oahu to the next island the morning after we arrive (again, giving us about 8.5 days for the other island(s).
So would you do both or just one? And if just one, which island?
In terms of our interests, there are things on both islands we'd like to do and see. We aren't the type to lie on a beach all day, but I'm not super adventurous hiker either. We'd like good food, some relaxation, beautiful sights, snorkeling, whale watching (I know it's iffy so early)--things both islands have.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Northern California Gardens.
- 2 Civilian Visit to Schofield Barracks and Kolekole Pass
- 3 Planning a 12-13 Day Cali Trip SF to SD
- 4 Is there a train from SAN (airport) to Encinitas?
- 5 Hawaii wedding
- 6 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 7 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 8 Route 66
- 9 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 10 Itinerary help Oregon: 9 nights
- 11 Ouray to Aspen or Carbondale to Estes
- 12 ASAP Help w/San Fran to San Diego 12 day road trip with young kids
- 13 Glacier National Park Helicopter/Plane tours
- 14 good restaurant near Nawiliwili port, Kauai
- 15 Big Beach, Makena State Park - Maui, Hawaii
- 16 Sunset at Haleakala Summit - Maui, Hawaii
- 17 Papakolea Beach/Green Sand Beach - Big Island, Hawaii
- 18 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 19 Florida with a 2 year old
- 20 Train from east cost to west coast
- 21 Where to go for a long winter vacation in Florida, Panama City Beach??
- 22 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 23 Uber from Baton Rouge to N.O. Airport
- 24 Walking at Ka'anapali Beach
- 25 Solo Trip to Mid-West