We are going to Hawaii for 10 days (8.5 days if you take away the time for the flights) next month, flying into Oahu. We've been to Oahu, so wanted to go to Maui and/or the Big Island. I was wondering if seeing both of these islands is going to be too much in that timespan given that we are flying into and out of Oahu? We'd like to see both islands, but at the same time, I don't want to be too rushed. If we only do Maui or Big Island, we'd probably add a day or two to Oahu to see some things we missed last time, but if we try for both Maui and the BI, we'd fly out of Oahu to the next island the morning after we arrive (again, giving us about 8.5 days for the other island(s).
So would you do both or just one? And if just one, which island?
In terms of our interests, there are things on both islands we'd like to do and see. We aren't the type to lie on a beach all day, but I'm not super adventurous hiker either. We'd like good food, some relaxation, beautiful sights, snorkeling, whale watching (I know it's iffy so early)--things both islands have.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 2 Vegas to Grand Canyon by car in a day
- 3 Two Seniors Visit NOLA, Cajuns and MS, Leave Wiser
- 4 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 5 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 6 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 7 Pacific Coast Highway 1st Timer
- 8 Northwest Passage
- 9 Hotel near Marlins Park
- 10 Tioga Rd closed May-Oct??
- 11 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 12 All you can eat lobster in vegas and caviar
- 13 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 14 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 15 Northwest Car Trip
- 16 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
- 17 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 18 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 19 Fodor's Walt Disney World 2017 travel guide
- 20 What do you think of my Yellowstone itinerary - August 2017?
- 21 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 22 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 23 Sonoma
- 24 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170428141326
- 25 Alaska cruise