We are going to Hawaii for 10 days (8.5 days if you take away the time for the flights) next month, flying into Oahu. We've been to Oahu, so wanted to go to Maui and/or the Big Island. I was wondering if seeing both of these islands is going to be too much in that timespan given that we are flying into and out of Oahu? We'd like to see both islands, but at the same time, I don't want to be too rushed. If we only do Maui or Big Island, we'd probably add a day or two to Oahu to see some things we missed last time, but if we try for both Maui and the BI, we'd fly out of Oahu to the next island the morning after we arrive (again, giving us about 8.5 days for the other island(s).
So would you do both or just one? And if just one, which island?
In terms of our interests, there are things on both islands we'd like to do and see. We aren't the type to lie on a beach all day, but I'm not super adventurous hiker either. We'd like good food, some relaxation, beautiful sights, snorkeling, whale watching (I know it's iffy so early)--things both islands have.
Hawaiian Island Honeymoon Help
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 2 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 3 Universal studios/Orlando
- 4 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 5 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 6 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 7 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 8 USA with a 3 year old
- 9 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 10 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 11 NYC theatre broadway
- 12 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations
- 13 First family ski trip
- 14 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 15 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 16 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 17 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 18 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 19 Looking for Hotel Alternatives on Coast to Coast Trip
- 20 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 21 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 22 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 23 Wedding venue in NH
- 24 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 25 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle