We are going to Hawaii for 10 days (8.5 days if you take away the time for the flights) next month, flying into Oahu. We've been to Oahu, so wanted to go to Maui and/or the Big Island. I was wondering if seeing both of these islands is going to be too much in that timespan given that we are flying into and out of Oahu? We'd like to see both islands, but at the same time, I don't want to be too rushed. If we only do Maui or Big Island, we'd probably add a day or two to Oahu to see some things we missed last time, but if we try for both Maui and the BI, we'd fly out of Oahu to the next island the morning after we arrive (again, giving us about 8.5 days for the other island(s).
So would you do both or just one? And if just one, which island?
In terms of our interests, there are things on both islands we'd like to do and see. We aren't the type to lie on a beach all day, but I'm not super adventurous hiker either. We'd like good food, some relaxation, beautiful sights, snorkeling, whale watching (I know it's iffy so early)--things both islands have.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Kids Vacation Place
- 2 San Francisco through Colorado Rockies
- 3 Last minute Maine/New Hampshire trip
- 4 Another Key West Trip Report, July 3 - 9, 2016
- 5 Boston waterfront Italian
- 6 Napa valley getaway
- 7 Recommendation: Beachfront in VA or MD walking distance to quaint downtown
- 8 Lake Tahoe hotel with a lake view
- 9 Help Planning Zion/Bryce Itinerary
- 10 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 11 Day in Spokane
- 12 Marriott or Sheraton in Orlando?
- 13 CA Fire - need revised itinerary help
- 14 AUGUST---7 day San Fran to San Diego
- 15 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 16 Desert Southwest
- 17 Transit Advisory - PATH system - Weekends from August 6 to December 19, 2016
- 18 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 19 Road trip from Gulf Coast to Key West
- 20 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 21 Zion and Bryce in July
- 22 East United State - what do you reccomend ?
- 23 First time, Best business class?
- 24 What to pack
- 25 Trip Report: 2 weeks from SF to Yellowstone and back, June 2016