Greetings Fellow Travelers!
I desperately need your help, advice, and guidance in planning the perfect honeymoon! We are super excited to be going to Hawaii on our honeymoon (flights are booked!), but we need some help with where to stay, what to do, etc.
We are going for eleven nights total- 4 nights in Oahu and 7 nights in Maui.
We were thinking of staying at the Hilton Hawaiian Village in Oahu. We have heard good things about that hotel and a friend recommended it, but any thoughts on it are appreciated. We love the idea that it is right on the beach because we are definitely outdoorsy people. We want to visit Pearl Harbor, the North Shore, and possibly Diamond Head and the Dole Pineapple plant.
As for Maui, we are a bit torn about where to stay. We have heard the the Grand Wailea is amazing but it's also pricey. So we were considering staying there for a couple days and then going to another area of Maui. We read staying at a place in Hana for a night or two was nice and relaxing so perhaps the Travaasa Hana hotel? Or Should we just stay there a night and head to the Kaanapali area? We want a relaxing time and don't want to be traveling all day every day but we are willing to move around a bit if it's worth it.
We also recently got our scuba diving certification so we definitely wanted to do a few dives while we are there. We heard that Maui is far superior to diving in Oahu. Any companies you guys recommend using or great dive sites?
Any and all recommendations are greatly appreciated! Please Please Please respond with any tips or advice you have!!
Hawaiian Honeymoon Help
Greetings Fellow Travelers!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 2 Tipping advice
- 3 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 4 charleston during Christmas Week
- 5 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 6 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 7 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 8 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 9 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 10 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 11 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 12 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 13 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 14 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 15 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 16 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 17 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 18 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 19 Key West Hotel in January
- 20 los angeles restaurants
- 21 West Maui Restaurants
- 22 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 23 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 24 7 things to do under $21 in Las Vegas
- 25 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?