Greetings Fellow Travelers!
I desperately need your help, advice, and guidance in planning the perfect honeymoon! We are super excited to be going to Hawaii on our honeymoon (flights are booked!), but we need some help with where to stay, what to do, etc.
We are going for eleven nights total- 4 nights in Oahu and 7 nights in Maui.
We were thinking of staying at the Hilton Hawaiian Village in Oahu. We have heard good things about that hotel and a friend recommended it, but any thoughts on it are appreciated. We love the idea that it is right on the beach because we are definitely outdoorsy people. We want to visit Pearl Harbor, the North Shore, and possibly Diamond Head and the Dole Pineapple plant.
As for Maui, we are a bit torn about where to stay. We have heard the the Grand Wailea is amazing but it's also pricey. So we were considering staying there for a couple days and then going to another area of Maui. We read staying at a place in Hana for a night or two was nice and relaxing so perhaps the Travaasa Hana hotel? Or Should we just stay there a night and head to the Kaanapali area? We want a relaxing time and don't want to be traveling all day every day but we are willing to move around a bit if it's worth it.
We also recently got our scuba diving certification so we definitely wanted to do a few dives while we are there. We heard that Maui is far superior to diving in Oahu. Any companies you guys recommend using or great dive sites?
Any and all recommendations are greatly appreciated! Please Please Please respond with any tips or advice you have!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Lodge at Torrey Pines or Hilton Torrey Pines?
- 2 New Orleans/long weekend in September
- 3 Badlands, Yellowstone, Grand Teton, etc. 2016 trip - Need suggestions
- 4 San Francisco Itinerary help
- 5 Driving cross country tips
- 6 Help with first time
- 7 Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire in October
- 8 Atlanta Airport
- 9 Crowd levels in Pigeon Forge/Sevierville
- 10 New York City never gets Old! A long "Christmasy" weekend.
- 11 Cape Cod in September with toddler
- 12 Road Trip From IA to Niagara Falls
- 13 Thousand Islands - Must Dos
- 14 San Francisco to Monterey Bay Time?
- 15 Best Fly-fishing in July
- 16 Discounted Rental Car?
- 17 2-day pass through trip in Glacier & Waterton National Park
- 18 A day at Franconia Notch State Park and White Mountain National Forest
- 19 Boston thru New Hampshire to Quebec City
- 20 Colorado Winter Wedding Venue
- 21 Best City/Place to stopover between Seattle & San Francisco
- 22 SW Colorado and Moab, UT
- 23 Chicago, Illinois: Where to stay? Do you need a car?
- 24 Would appreciate help choosing NYC hotel for Aug/Sept visit.
- 25 BYOB in New York City
Greetings Fellow Travelers!