Can someone who has visited both give me some comparisons of the two? We are a family of four from New York where vacation time is at a premium. We can get to St. Johns USVI in like four hours vs. 14 hours to Kauai or Maui. I know Hawaii has the volcanos and whales (we are planning summer anyway so no whales), but how about the beaches, snorkeling, and natural beauty? Not looking for nightlife or fine dining. Is it worth the extra 10 hours flying? Boys are 12 & 14 and very into outdooor activity.
Hawaii vs. Virgin Islands
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving from NYC to South Florida
- 2 Napa/Sonoma - Has anyone stayed at this House Rental in Glen Ellen?
- 3 Circle Oahu / luau
- 4 Oceanfront condo rentals in Maui?
- 5 NYC theatre broadway
- 6 Between Clearwater and Anna Maria island
- 7 Backpacking in April
- 8 Nice town to sleep/dine in near I-95 between Baltimore and DC
- 9 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 10 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 11 University of Texas Austin College Trip
- 12 Four days in DC
- 13 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 14 Just to clarify, Lodging in Yellowstone
- 15 Itinerary for : Vegas - Zion - Bryce - Antelope - Grand Canyon
- 16 3 nights in Nashville
- 17 One Night at Logan Airport
- 18 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 19 Please help with itinerary
- 20 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 21 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 22 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 23 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 24 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 25 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?