Can someone who has visited both give me some comparisons of the two? We are a family of four from New York where vacation time is at a premium. We can get to St. Johns USVI in like four hours vs. 14 hours to Kauai or Maui. I know Hawaii has the volcanos and whales (we are planning summer anyway so no whales), but how about the beaches, snorkeling, and natural beauty? Not looking for nightlife or fine dining. Is it worth the extra 10 hours flying? Boys are 12 & 14 and very into outdooor activity.
Hawaii vs. Virgin Islands
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 2 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 3 Door County Suggestions
- 4 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 5 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 6 February 2015 Florida getaway for couples
- 7 The island of Hawaii--half a trip report!!!
- 8 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 9 HELP WITH FALL TRIP PLAN!!
- 10 Visiting Denver
- 11 Visiting Denver
- 12 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 13 NYC theatre broadway
- 14 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 15 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 16 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 17 New Yorkers,,,Yea!!
- 18 San Diego parks and attractions
- 19 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 20 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 21 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 22 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 23 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 24 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 25 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??