Can someone who has visited both give me some comparisons of the two? We are a family of four from New York where vacation time is at a premium. We can get to St. Johns USVI in like four hours vs. 14 hours to Kauai or Maui. I know Hawaii has the volcanos and whales (we are planning summer anyway so no whales), but how about the beaches, snorkeling, and natural beauty? Not looking for nightlife or fine dining. Is it worth the extra 10 hours flying? Boys are 12 & 14 and very into outdooor activity.
Hawaii vs. Virgin Islands
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Brooklyn why?
- 2 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 3 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 4 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 5 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 6 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 7 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 8 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 9 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 10 WISCONSIN
- 11 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 12 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 13 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 14 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 15 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 16 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 17 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 18 New York City Restaurants
- 19 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 20 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 21 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 22 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 23 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 24 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 25 Dining in D.C.