Can someone who has visited both give me some comparisons of the two? We are a family of four from New York where vacation time is at a premium. We can get to St. Johns USVI in like four hours vs. 14 hours to Kauai or Maui. I know Hawaii has the volcanos and whales (we are planning summer anyway so no whales), but how about the beaches, snorkeling, and natural beauty? Not looking for nightlife or fine dining. Is it worth the extra 10 hours flying? Boys are 12 & 14 and very into outdooor activity.
Hawaii vs. Virgin Islands
View all United States activity »
- 1 Spending a week in Palm Springs in February
- 2 Christmas Holidays in Arizona
- 3 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 4 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 5 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 6 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 7 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 8 Vero Beach FL
- 9 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 10 Moonstruck Patisserie - Hilo ~ wow!!
- 11 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 12 Sightseeing and restaurants in LA
- 13 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 14 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 15 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 16 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 17 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 18 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 19 visiting Arizona area for 18 days from May19th 2014
- 20 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 21 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 22 Question about Boulder area
- 23 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 24 Savannah or Charleston- If you had to choose.
- 25 Hike down the Grand Canyon in February?