Can someone who has visited both give me some comparisons of the two? We are a family of four from New York where vacation time is at a premium. We can get to St. Johns USVI in like four hours vs. 14 hours to Kauai or Maui. I know Hawaii has the volcanos and whales (we are planning summer anyway so no whales), but how about the beaches, snorkeling, and natural beauty? Not looking for nightlife or fine dining. Is it worth the extra 10 hours flying? Boys are 12 & 14 and very into outdooor activity.
Hawaii vs. Virgin Islands
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 2 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 3 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 4 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 5 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 6 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 7 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 8 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 9 Utah mid Sept Trip Report, Zion, Bryce, Arches- beautiful!
- 10 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 11 Breckenridge in October
- 12 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 13 Family Trip to Moab - Flying into SLC
- 14 Richmond highlights?
- 15 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 16 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 17 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 18 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 19 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 20 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 21 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 22 Washington DC in Spring?
- 23 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 24 montana vs ft nelson bc area
- 25 Must Eats