First time to Hawaii. I plan to fly into Honolulu, fly out of Big Island, and visit Maui in between. How do 3 nights in Honolulu, 5 nights in Maui, 6 nights in Big Island sound？ Considering our 3 kids are 12, 9 and 3, should we stay longer in Maui? My kids love hiking, even the 3 yr old. And of course they all love the beach and the older two kids love snorkeling. Is it possible just stay in one hotel per island? Or do we have to switch hotels in Maui and Big Island? And do we need car rental in O'ahu? Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.
Hawaii trip, 3 young kids, 3 islands, 14 days, suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 2 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 3 Road to Hana and continuing on backside of Island
- 4 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 5 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 6 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 7 Shuttle Service from Newark
- 8 Cedar Point / Put In Bay
- 9 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 10 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 11 Washington DC in Spring?
- 12 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 13 5 Day East Coast Road Trip
- 14 trains in Europe
- 15 Booked our NYC hotel (thanks!), would like restaurant recommendations!
- 16 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 17 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 18 NBA tickets??
- 19 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 20 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 21 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 22 Alaskan coast travel options
- 23 USA trip
- 24 Timeshare Nightmares
- 25 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report