My boyfriend and I went to Hawaii for our first time as a couple in January and now we plan to go back again in November.
I have been to Maui once in 1998 with my family, and to Oahu 4 times, including this past January. Since we've both explored Oahu, albeit for only 5 days, I've been thinking about other islands to go to and where to stay. I'm hoping everyone can offer some advice on some places with a little information on things we like.
I've stayed at the Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach 3 times and LOVED it. I love the location on the beach which in my opinion has best section of Waikiki beach next to the RH and Moana Surf. I love that its right across the street from the International Village where me and my boy enjoyed eating from , their array of odd asian fare. We enjoyed driving around to the quieter parts of the island. We did a lot of pictures and sightseeing, not a lot of beach/swim time as my boyfriend can't swim too well, but we would like to do some light swimming/sunbathing.
We had wonderful encounters with the locals at smaller areas of the island as well. We like to try different food, especially local cheap street food, and places that really make you feel like a local. We're both in our 20's and are a bit artsy and offbeat.
Ideally I'd like to stay somewhere that is prime beachfront like the Outrigger Waikiki and similarly priced for their Ocean view/oceanfront rooms. I've primarily been looking at Kauai and the Big Island, but would consider Maui. Any suggestions and ideas on hotels and and island would be really helpful. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 testimony
- 2 Fodor's Survey
- 3 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 4 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 5 3 day road trip from Las Vegas -Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Zion
- 6 TIPS - Pacific Coast Highway
- 7 California trip: Where to go after San Francisco?
- 8 Seeking adivce- 12 days Oregon only or OR/WA
- 9 Kauai for a group over New Years
- 10 Seattle, Las Vegas and Salt Lake
- 11 Northern California Redwoods
- 12 Seaside, California
- 13 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 14 Harpers Ferry weekend
- 15 Myrtle Beach hotels that meet my specific criteria
- 16 saint john the divine concert for peace tickets
- 17 Denali
- 18 JFK Terminal 8
- 19 Off-season use of a car on Zion Scenic Drive
- 20 washington-blueridge parkway-myrtle beach
- 21 Maine in May?
- 22 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 23 Dinner Cruise down San Antonio River?
- 24 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 25 NYC Discounted Metropolitan Opera Tickets