My boyfriend and I went to Hawaii for our first time as a couple in January and now we plan to go back again in November.
I have been to Maui once in 1998 with my family, and to Oahu 4 times, including this past January. Since we've both explored Oahu, albeit for only 5 days, I've been thinking about other islands to go to and where to stay. I'm hoping everyone can offer some advice on some places with a little information on things we like.
I've stayed at the Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach 3 times and LOVED it. I love the location on the beach which in my opinion has best section of Waikiki beach next to the RH and Moana Surf. I love that its right across the street from the International Village where me and my boy enjoyed eating from , their array of odd asian fare. We enjoyed driving around to the quieter parts of the island. We did a lot of pictures and sightseeing, not a lot of beach/swim time as my boyfriend can't swim too well, but we would like to do some light swimming/sunbathing.
We had wonderful encounters with the locals at smaller areas of the island as well. We like to try different food, especially local cheap street food, and places that really make you feel like a local. We're both in our 20's and are a bit artsy and offbeat.
Ideally I'd like to stay somewhere that is prime beachfront like the Outrigger Waikiki and similarly priced for their Ocean view/oceanfront rooms. I've primarily been looking at Kauai and the Big Island, but would consider Maui. Any suggestions and ideas on hotels and and island would be really helpful. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 2 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 3 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 4 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 5 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 6 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 7 Oahu ideas
- 8 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 9 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 10 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 11 Best places to move to Florida?
- 12 West Coast Bound End of March
- 13 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 14 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 15 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 16 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 17 Key Largo, FL
- 18 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 19 Death Valley in June
- 20 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 21 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 22 San Diego grocery stores
- 23 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 24 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 25 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii