My boyfriend and I went to Hawaii for our first time as a couple in January and now we plan to go back again in November.
I have been to Maui once in 1998 with my family, and to Oahu 4 times, including this past January. Since we've both explored Oahu, albeit for only 5 days, I've been thinking about other islands to go to and where to stay. I'm hoping everyone can offer some advice on some places with a little information on things we like.
I've stayed at the Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach 3 times and LOVED it. I love the location on the beach which in my opinion has best section of Waikiki beach next to the RH and Moana Surf. I love that its right across the street from the International Village where me and my boy enjoyed eating from , their array of odd asian fare. We enjoyed driving around to the quieter parts of the island. We did a lot of pictures and sightseeing, not a lot of beach/swim time as my boyfriend can't swim too well, but we would like to do some light swimming/sunbathing.
We had wonderful encounters with the locals at smaller areas of the island as well. We like to try different food, especially local cheap street food, and places that really make you feel like a local. We're both in our 20's and are a bit artsy and offbeat.
Ideally I'd like to stay somewhere that is prime beachfront like the Outrigger Waikiki and similarly priced for their Ocean view/oceanfront rooms. I've primarily been looking at Kauai and the Big Island, but would consider Maui. Any suggestions and ideas on hotels and and island would be really helpful. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Living in USA, Must Read Online College Degrees Essentials
- 2 attraction/tour ticket purchase
- 3 American Honeymoon in March
- 4 Chicago in early summer, what to do with our car
- 5 Best Route into NW Washington DC
- 6 kuai and maui top 10 to see list
- 7 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 8 planning trip to Hawaii, Limited Budget
- 9 Kauai: Is two nights enough?
- 10 Big Bend National Park - 3 days January itinerary?
- 11 New Orleans
- 12 Australian travelling solo across the South - suggestions please!
- 13 Accommodation New Orleans LA
- 14 Texas, Arkansas or Smokey Mountains during Christmas break?
- 15 Best route home from page, az to ny?
- 16 Seattle to San Francisco itinerary
- 17 San Diego/ Baja / Desert / Vegas/ Mexico
- 18 Help! Need a good road trip idea from SF for Thanksgiving
- 19 Vintage NYC Subway Cars in operation for the 2014 Holiday season
- 20 Baytown, Texas
- 21 Fastest and Safest (least snow) X-Country Route from Lake Tahoe to NC?
- 22 Seattle Restaurant for Graduation luncheon
- 23 Manhattan Marriott Property December
- 24 LOS ANGELES AREA HOCKEY TRIP JANUARY
- 25 Midway to Mag. Mile area -- cab or public transport?