My boyfriend and I went to Hawaii for our first time as a couple in January and now we plan to go back again in November.
I have been to Maui once in 1998 with my family, and to Oahu 4 times, including this past January. Since we've both explored Oahu, albeit for only 5 days, I've been thinking about other islands to go to and where to stay. I'm hoping everyone can offer some advice on some places with a little information on things we like.
I've stayed at the Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach 3 times and LOVED it. I love the location on the beach which in my opinion has best section of Waikiki beach next to the RH and Moana Surf. I love that its right across the street from the International Village where me and my boy enjoyed eating from , their array of odd asian fare. We enjoyed driving around to the quieter parts of the island. We did a lot of pictures and sightseeing, not a lot of beach/swim time as my boyfriend can't swim too well, but we would like to do some light swimming/sunbathing.
We had wonderful encounters with the locals at smaller areas of the island as well. We like to try different food, especially local cheap street food, and places that really make you feel like a local. We're both in our 20's and are a bit artsy and offbeat.
Ideally I'd like to stay somewhere that is prime beachfront like the Outrigger Waikiki and similarly priced for their Ocean view/oceanfront rooms. I've primarily been looking at Kauai and the Big Island, but would consider Maui. Any suggestions and ideas on hotels and and island would be really helpful. Thanks!
- 1 Savannah restaurants
- 2 Northern Idaho - Western Montana Drive
- 3 State cracking down on vacation rentals?
- 4 Newport, RI Questions
- 5 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls
- 6 Need a bit of help planning a 3 week trip to the US
- 7 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 8 Washington DC - Philadelphia - New York extravaganza
- 9 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 10 Denver 1 day in denver
- 11 Boston and surrounding area
- 12 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 13 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 14 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 15 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 16 Santa Fe at the end of May?
- 17 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old
- 18 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 19 Honeymoon to Kauai and Maui from the East Coast
- 20 Middlebury vt quickie
- 21 1st time to Kauai! Will not be the last!
- 22 Smoky Mountains -Cades Cove saw wolf.
- 23 Crater Lake-North entrance open
- 24 New Orleans - Alligator Cheesecake???
- 25 1st time in Boston --need advice