My husband and I are going to the Hilton Waikoloa Resort on the Big Island for a work trip. We will be there for 4 days with work and 3 days on our own...staying at the same resort all days. The first four nights we will not need dinner, but we will need breakfast and lunch all 7 days and 3 dinners. We also want to do some sightseeing like Akaka Falls, Volcano Winery, coffee country, farmers market, and kona brewing co. Any suggestions on how to go about this? Any other good sites to see? Would it be best to rent a car for a day or two? Are there restaurants within walking distance to our hotel? Thank you so much for your help!
Hawaii itinerary for a young couple...do we need a car?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Visiting Denver
- 2 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 3 Denver in a half day
- 4 Visiting Denver
- 5 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 6 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 7 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 8 First family ski trip
- 9 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 10 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 11 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 12 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 13 Oahu ideas
- 14 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 15 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 16 Best places to move to Florida?
- 17 West Coast Bound End of March
- 18 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 19 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 20 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 21 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 22 Key Largo, FL
- 23 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 24 Death Valley in June
- 25 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle