My husband and I are going to the Hilton Waikoloa Resort on the Big Island for a work trip. We will be there for 4 days with work and 3 days on our own...staying at the same resort all days. The first four nights we will not need dinner, but we will need breakfast and lunch all 7 days and 3 dinners. We also want to do some sightseeing like Akaka Falls, Volcano Winery, coffee country, farmers market, and kona brewing co. Any suggestions on how to go about this? Any other good sites to see? Would it be best to rent a car for a day or two? Are there restaurants within walking distance to our hotel? Thank you so much for your help!
Hawaii itinerary for a young couple...do we need a car?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tipping advice
- 2 Wilmington, NC to Raleigh - Anything interesting to see in between?
- 3 charleston during Christmas Week
- 4 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 5 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 6 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 7 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 8 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 9 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 10 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 11 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 12 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 13 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 14 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 15 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 16 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 17 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 18 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 19 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 20 Key West Hotel in January
- 21 los angeles restaurants
- 22 West Maui Restaurants
- 23 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 24 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 25 7 things to do under $21 in Las Vegas