My husband and I are going to the Hilton Waikoloa Resort on the Big Island for a work trip. We will be there for 4 days with work and 3 days on our own...staying at the same resort all days. The first four nights we will not need dinner, but we will need breakfast and lunch all 7 days and 3 dinners. We also want to do some sightseeing like Akaka Falls, Volcano Winery, coffee country, farmers market, and kona brewing co. Any suggestions on how to go about this? Any other good sites to see? Would it be best to rent a car for a day or two? Are there restaurants within walking distance to our hotel? Thank you so much for your help!
Hawaii itinerary for a young couple...do we need a car?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help w road trip from Huntington Beach to SF, skipping LA area
- 2 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 3 Trip Report - Santa Monica, Dinosaur, Steamboat, and Telluride
- 4 Heading to Maine in September - Where are the moose?
- 5 Mesa Verde
- 6 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 7 New England in the fall
- 8 NYC Clubs for live music
- 9 relocating travel
- 10 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 11 Help on which island(s) for Scuba Divers
- 12 Seattle Hyatts
- 13 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 14 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 15 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 16 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 17 Bar Harbor Maine to Boston
- 18 Recommendations for accommodation in San Diego?
- 19 Bath County, VA - anyone ever been?
- 20 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 21 Help with Wisconsin Dells Trip Plan
- 22 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 23 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 24 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson
- 25 Hearst Castle - Is the Grand Rooms tour really the best for first timers?