My husband and I are going to the Hilton Waikoloa Resort on the Big Island for a work trip. We will be there for 4 days with work and 3 days on our own...staying at the same resort all days. The first four nights we will not need dinner, but we will need breakfast and lunch all 7 days and 3 dinners. We also want to do some sightseeing like Akaka Falls, Volcano Winery, coffee country, farmers market, and kona brewing co. Any suggestions on how to go about this? Any other good sites to see? Would it be best to rent a car for a day or two? Are there restaurants within walking distance to our hotel? Thank you so much for your help!
Hawaii itinerary for a young couple...do we need a car?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Joe Tro's San Francisco trip report
- 2 What are favorite small and large NYC restaurants?
- 3 Great Girls' Weekend in NYC!
- 4 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 5 We are going to Hawaii in October, have some questions:
- 6 Hawaii
- 7 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 8 Turning right with red traffic light ?
- 9 3 days in Lake Travis area near Austin Texas
- 10 River Cafe
- 11 Predictions for peak leaf color in September?
- 12 Best place to spend NYE in LA with a young family
- 13 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 14 New Fire: Yosemite/Oakhurst
- 15 Highway 1 Roadtrip
- 16 How to Kill Time Overnite in NYC?
- 17 Long Island Advice
- 18 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 19 S. Utah 10 day Circle-Itinery-Ist pass
- 20 Recommendations for Moderately Priced Dining in Moab?
- 21 San Francisco Transportation tips from Lombard Street!?
- 22 Connecticut trip 3rd week of September
- 23 LA Long Weekend--Itinerary Help
- 24 Drive from Seattle to Reno
- 25 Hawaii with kids