We are flying into Honolulu on December 31 and are staying for two weeks. We are curious about what island(s) to go to. We could do one, or a few. We do have pals on the big island, so that might be a factor.
Here are our priorities (in no order):
affordable lodging (75 - 150 per night)
I'd like to see a volcano
And, we'd prefer to not have to spend a fortune or a ton of time getting to other islands
We are in our late 30's/early 40's, husband and wife without kids, very independent travelers who have been all over the world. We tend to stay away from chain restaurants, large resorts, etc. We eat adventurously!
Thanks so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Drive Mt Ranier to Port Angeles- any can't miss sites along the way?
- 2 Need advice-Early June Oregon Coast, Columbia River Gorge, Crater Lake
- 3 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 4 Sonoma
- 5 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 6 101 closure
- 7 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 8 14 day road trip from Birmingham Alabama to Yellowstone part
- 9 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 10 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 11 Chadd's Ford/Andrew Wyeth
- 12 Wedding and Romantic Getaway in Florida Coast
- 13 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 14 Road trip around Washington DC
- 15 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 16 Kentucky Derby Shuttle
- 17 Four Nights in Texas? San Antonio? Austin? Dallas?
- 18 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip
- 19 Place of Interest between Moab and LAS in Southern Utah?
- 20 Texarkana to Wautoma, WI
- 21 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 22 California Trip
- 23 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 24 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 25 New Orleans