We are flying into Honolulu on December 31 and are staying for two weeks. We are curious about what island(s) to go to. We could do one, or a few. We do have pals on the big island, so that might be a factor.
Here are our priorities (in no order):
affordable lodging (75 - 150 per night)
I'd like to see a volcano
And, we'd prefer to not have to spend a fortune or a ton of time getting to other islands
We are in our late 30's/early 40's, husband and wife without kids, very independent travelers who have been all over the world. We tend to stay away from chain restaurants, large resorts, etc. We eat adventurously!
Thanks so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 2 AZ and UT family road trip-seeking advice
- 3 Road trip from Saint Louis, Mo
- 4 Recommend an ATV Tour in UT, AZ or CO
- 5 Best way from Niagara Falls to Washington DC
- 6 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 7 Bringing gift box abroad as carry on?
- 8 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 9 road trip
- 10 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 11 SF-Yosemite-Monterey-SF
- 12 FLL to Key West
- 13 Help with NE (Maine, Boston, Cape Cod) Trip
- 14 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 15 San Francisco, Las Vegas - Where next?
- 16 Ashville, NC; where to stay?
- 17 Got error in dell printer 016-302
- 18 San Francisco Hotel With Car
- 19 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 20 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 21 New Itinerary
- 22 Las vegas and nearby
- 23 Cape Cod trip report
- 24 Itin help - West / Grand Canyon
- 25 Napa & Sonoma - Winery Suggestions