We are flying into Honolulu on December 31 and are staying for two weeks. We are curious about what island(s) to go to. We could do one, or a few. We do have pals on the big island, so that might be a factor.
Here are our priorities (in no order):
affordable lodging (75 - 150 per night)
I'd like to see a volcano
And, we'd prefer to not have to spend a fortune or a ton of time getting to other islands
We are in our late 30's/early 40's, husband and wife without kids, very independent travelers who have been all over the world. We tend to stay away from chain restaurants, large resorts, etc. We eat adventurously!
Thanks so much in advance!
Hawaii in January, budget travel, snorkeling a MUST
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 2 Can I make a 1pm flight out of OGG if I stay the night before in Hana?
- 3 Road to Hana in 2 days without spending the night???
- 4 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 5 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 6 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 7 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 8 Brooklyn why?
- 9 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 10 Is it a good idea to stay near LAX?
- 11 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 12 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 13 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 14 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 15 New York City Restaurants
- 16 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 17 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 18 Buying African Masks in Chicago, New York City or Atlanta
- 19 Maui vacation
- 20 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 21 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 22 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 23 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 24 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 25 WISCONSIN