We are flying into Honolulu on December 31 and are staying for two weeks. We are curious about what island(s) to go to. We could do one, or a few. We do have pals on the big island, so that might be a factor.
Here are our priorities (in no order):
affordable lodging (75 - 150 per night)
I'd like to see a volcano
And, we'd prefer to not have to spend a fortune or a ton of time getting to other islands
We are in our late 30's/early 40's, husband and wife without kids, very independent travelers who have been all over the world. We tend to stay away from chain restaurants, large resorts, etc. We eat adventurously!
Thanks so much in advance!
Hawaii in January, budget travel, snorkeling a MUST
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 2 Hardly Strictly Bluegrass
- 3 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 4 Boston/Fenway park
- 5 3 Days in Denver area- want to hike and bike, stay in Boulder or Denver?
- 6 Atlanta with kids
- 7 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 8 Any nice Family Camps near Lake Winnepesauki?
- 9 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 10 New York City Restaurants
- 11 Searching For The Rhythm Of Florida
- 12 Cabaret seating at Studio 54 - huh?
- 13 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 14 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 15 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 16 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 17 Spring Has Officially Sprung in Central Park
- 18 Family Camp in Maine
- 19 San Diego
- 20 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 21 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 22 Timeshare Nightmares
- 23 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 24 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 25 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier