We are flying into Honolulu on December 31 and are staying for two weeks. We are curious about what island(s) to go to. We could do one, or a few. We do have pals on the big island, so that might be a factor.
Here are our priorities (in no order):
affordable lodging (75 - 150 per night)
I'd like to see a volcano
And, we'd prefer to not have to spend a fortune or a ton of time getting to other islands
We are in our late 30's/early 40's, husband and wife without kids, very independent travelers who have been all over the world. We tend to stay away from chain restaurants, large resorts, etc. We eat adventurously!
Thanks so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Planning a 12-13 Day Cali Trip SF to SD
- 2 Ouray to Aspen or Carbondale to Estes
- 3 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 4 good restaurant near Nawiliwili port, Kauai
- 5 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 6 Uber from Baton Rouge to N.O. Airport
- 7 Train from east cost to west coast
- 8 Civilian Visit to Schofield Barracks and Kolekole Pass
- 9 Walking at Ka'anapali Beach
- 10 Solo Trip to Mid-West
- 11 Arches or Zion?
- 12 Route 66
- 13 3wks in USA, flying in & out of LA, in Jan 2018
- 14 Which National Park summer 2018 with kids
- 15 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 16 Hiking from Aspen to Crested Butte
- 17 Any nice condo's to stay in Seaside, Florida?
- 18 Where to go for a long winter vacation in Florida, Panama City Beach??
- 19 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 20 Restaurant recommendations in falmouth/mashpee, ma area
- 21 Travel Friday Harbor to Olympic Peninsula?
- 22 Trip Report Part 2 (w/teens) - Zion, Bryce and Park City
- 23 Northern California Gardens.
- 24 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 25 Adventure Travel in Kenai Peninsula