We are flying into Honolulu on December 31 and are staying for two weeks. We are curious about what island(s) to go to. We could do one, or a few. We do have pals on the big island, so that might be a factor.
Here are our priorities (in no order):
affordable lodging (75 - 150 per night)
I'd like to see a volcano
And, we'd prefer to not have to spend a fortune or a ton of time getting to other islands
We are in our late 30's/early 40's, husband and wife without kids, very independent travelers who have been all over the world. We tend to stay away from chain restaurants, large resorts, etc. We eat adventurously!
Thanks so much in advance!
Hawaii in January, budget travel, snorkeling a MUST
- 1 Just saw the Book of Mormon in Chicago ! Can we talk about it
- 2 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 3 Help with NYC transit
- 4 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 5 Williamsburg VA
- 6 new orleans swamp tours
- 7 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 8 I HATE COLD SORES!!
- 9 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 10 Driving from Greensboro, NC, to Tampa
- 11 Cedar Point Wait Times
- 12 Baseball Road Trip
- 13 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 14 D.C. in a day
- 15 New Orleans trip (plus road trip) Help Pls!
- 16 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 17 Yellowstone Snow Melt, Roads and Trails - Timing
- 18 Washington DC - Philadelphia - New York extravaganza
- 19 A visit to Fallingwater and places nearby
- 20 Best places to stop New Orleans to Los Angeles
- 21 Using public transit in San Diego
- 22 Can Foodies Overcome the Flu in Honolulu? A March 2013 Oahu TR...
- 23 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 24 What to do with extra day in Virginia?
- 25 1st time in Boston --need advice