We are flying into Honolulu on December 31 and are staying for two weeks. We are curious about what island(s) to go to. We could do one, or a few. We do have pals on the big island, so that might be a factor.
Here are our priorities (in no order):
affordable lodging (75 - 150 per night)
I'd like to see a volcano
And, we'd prefer to not have to spend a fortune or a ton of time getting to other islands
We are in our late 30's/early 40's, husband and wife without kids, very independent travelers who have been all over the world. We tend to stay away from chain restaurants, large resorts, etc. We eat adventurously!
Thanks so much in advance!
Hawaii in January, budget travel, snorkeling a MUST
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle to Las Vegas Family Road Trip
- 2 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 3 Baggage & Missed Plane Connection Questions
- 4 late-night DC restaurant
- 5 Joe Tro's San Francisco trip report
- 6 Dinner-Portland, OR-Favorites?
- 7 Houston in September
- 8 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 9 Yosemite First timers in August survival Guide
- 10 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 11 Yellowstone Road Closures - Impact Old Faithful
- 12 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 13 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 14 rental car - Highway 1 Roadtrip
- 15 Exploring New Jersey and New York city
- 16 Trip Report - 4 Days in Olympic National Park
- 17 Please help with daily details for Utah Park trip next month!
- 18 S. Utah 10 day Circle-Itinery-Ist pass
- 19 HAWAII: Honolulu Airport Question
- 20 Oahu ideas
- 21 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 22 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 23 cape cod seashore rail trail
- 24 Driving from Philly to Stowe, VT. Need a scenic route!
- 25 Transportation between Seattle airport and Victoria Clipper pier