We are flying into Honolulu on December 31 and are staying for two weeks. We are curious about what island(s) to go to. We could do one, or a few. We do have pals on the big island, so that might be a factor.
Here are our priorities (in no order):
affordable lodging (75 - 150 per night)
I'd like to see a volcano
And, we'd prefer to not have to spend a fortune or a ton of time getting to other islands
We are in our late 30's/early 40's, husband and wife without kids, very independent travelers who have been all over the world. We tend to stay away from chain restaurants, large resorts, etc. We eat adventurously!
Thanks so much in advance!
Hawaii in January, budget travel, snorkeling a MUST
- 1 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 2 Muir Woods from SF, then to Carmel - best plan?
- 3 Kennebunkport Restaurants
- 4 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 5 Albuquerque to Denver
- 6 NYC
- 7 When will the WTC musuem in NYC open?
- 8 Seattle restaurant near Pikes Market
- 9 Dulles Airport to Baltimore hotel
- 10 5 State memorial day round trip!
- 11 Honeymoon to Kauai and Maui from the East Coast
- 12 WHERE TO STAY FOR PROPOSAL WEEKEND IN FREDRICKSBURG
- 13 Whislter or Rocky Mountain?
- 14 Road trip New Jersey to Montana
- 15 Michigan Beaches
- 16 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 17 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?
- 18 Can Foodies Overcome the Flu in Honolulu? A March 2013 Oahu TR...
- 19 coast drive from Seattle to San Francisco
- 20 Memorial day weekend drivable getaway from Jersey City, NJ
- 21 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 22 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 23 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 24 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake
- 25 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone