We are flying into Honolulu on December 31 and are staying for two weeks. We are curious about what island(s) to go to. We could do one, or a few. We do have pals on the big island, so that might be a factor.
Here are our priorities (in no order):
affordable lodging (75 - 150 per night)
I'd like to see a volcano
And, we'd prefer to not have to spend a fortune or a ton of time getting to other islands
We are in our late 30's/early 40's, husband and wife without kids, very independent travelers who have been all over the world. We tend to stay away from chain restaurants, large resorts, etc. We eat adventurously!
Thanks so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 EWR to Staten Island 9:50PM
- 2 Pls help keep dolphins happy & healthy
- 3 JFK TO MANHATTEN
- 4 blue ridge parkway?
- 5 Chinese restaurants in D.C.?
- 6 What's the 14th Street area like?
- 7 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 8 San Diego, mission valley
- 9 First Trip to New Mexico
- 10 Taxi from Honolulu airport to hotels
- 11 San Diego Sunset or La Jolla
- 12 Hamilton - Are There Bad Seats at the Rodgers?
- 13 November redwoods trip
- 14 Charleston - how long to stay?
- 15 Road Trip/Excursions for a weekend outside of Denver
- 16 Mnnpls--what to do, culture and food
- 17 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 18 Chicago marathon - Leaving hotel to MDW
- 19 MN lake home rental needed
- 20 Cross country road trip to the east coast- here we go...
- 21 Sequoia/Redwoods Large Group Lodging
- 22 Forbes Island Restaurant Question
- 23 Esta "Not Authorized to Travel"
- 24 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.
- 25 Spring Break trip to National Park