We are flying into Honolulu on December 31 and are staying for two weeks. We are curious about what island(s) to go to. We could do one, or a few. We do have pals on the big island, so that might be a factor.
Here are our priorities (in no order):
affordable lodging (75 - 150 per night)
I'd like to see a volcano
And, we'd prefer to not have to spend a fortune or a ton of time getting to other islands
We are in our late 30's/early 40's, husband and wife without kids, very independent travelers who have been all over the world. We tend to stay away from chain restaurants, large resorts, etc. We eat adventurously!
Thanks so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hawaii and...where?
- 2 Sequoia National Park/Kings Canyon/Amtrak/Tours/grandchild
- 3 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 4 usa roadtrip
- 5 DC Restaurants
- 6 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 7 How much time in Badlands?
- 8 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 9 Route from Denver to SteamboatSprings
- 10 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 11 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 12 Chicago 2017
- 13 seeking advice -- scenic drive from DC to Chapel Hill
- 14 Christmas in Colorado
- 15 Chaco Canyon and Mesa Verde
- 16 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 17 Fall vacation in Beavers Bend State Park
- 18 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 19 Babysitting on the North Shore, Oahu
- 20 Marfa/Big Bend
- 21 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds
- 22 JFK to Washington
- 23 Phoenix for the weekend
- 24 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?
- 25 Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge in Big Sur to reopen at 5pm Friday October 13th