We are flying into Honolulu on December 31 and are staying for two weeks. We are curious about what island(s) to go to. We could do one, or a few. We do have pals on the big island, so that might be a factor.
Here are our priorities (in no order):
affordable lodging (75 - 150 per night)
I'd like to see a volcano
And, we'd prefer to not have to spend a fortune or a ton of time getting to other islands
We are in our late 30's/early 40's, husband and wife without kids, very independent travelers who have been all over the world. We tend to stay away from chain restaurants, large resorts, etc. We eat adventurously!
Thanks so much in advance!
Hawaii in January, budget travel, snorkeling a MUST
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First family ski trip
- 2 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 3 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 4 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 5 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 6 NYC theatre broadway
- 7 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 8 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 9 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 10 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 11 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 12 Visiting Denver
- 13 Visiting Denver
- 14 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 15 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 16 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 17 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 18 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 19 Denver in a half day
- 20 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 21 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 22 Oahu ideas
- 23 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 24 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 25 Best places to move to Florida?