We are flying into Honolulu on December 31 and are staying for two weeks. We are curious about what island(s) to go to. We could do one, or a few. We do have pals on the big island, so that might be a factor.
Here are our priorities (in no order):
affordable lodging (75 - 150 per night)
I'd like to see a volcano
And, we'd prefer to not have to spend a fortune or a ton of time getting to other islands
We are in our late 30's/early 40's, husband and wife without kids, very independent travelers who have been all over the world. We tend to stay away from chain restaurants, large resorts, etc. We eat adventurously!
Thanks so much in advance!
Hawaii in January, budget travel, snorkeling a MUST
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel near the Miami airport
- 2 Girls Weekend Trip to Sarasota/Tampa Florida Area
- 3 Where to from Tampa?
- 4 Looking for a travel loop in Arizona (Las Vegas to Tucson & back)
- 5 Is the New York subway safe?
- 6 Special Occasion/Fancy Dress shops in South Florida
- 7 Grand Canyon , Zion and Bryce Itinerary suggestions
- 8 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 9 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 10 kuai and maui top 10 to see list
- 11 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 12 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 13 Richmond to Oklahoma City Slowly: what not to miss?
- 14 Take the T or cab from Logan
- 15 Elephant Man Preview on Broadway with Bradley Cooper
- 16 One less trip on the Bucket List - Visit to New York City
- 17 Chicago Questions
- 18 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 19 Best way to see South & Central Florida in a week.
- 20 Recommendations for things to do near San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina
- 21 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 22 Chicago eateries downtown
- 23 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 24 Tell me about Santa Catalina Island
- 25 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II