We are flying into Honolulu on December 31 and are staying for two weeks. We are curious about what island(s) to go to. We could do one, or a few. We do have pals on the big island, so that might be a factor.
Here are our priorities (in no order):
affordable lodging (75 - 150 per night)
I'd like to see a volcano
And, we'd prefer to not have to spend a fortune or a ton of time getting to other islands
We are in our late 30's/early 40's, husband and wife without kids, very independent travelers who have been all over the world. We tend to stay away from chain restaurants, large resorts, etc. We eat adventurously!
Thanks so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Moving soon (blindly!) and would love suggestions
- 2 Where to Stay in Philly in April?
- 3 Intimate Destination Wedding location help
- 4 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 5 9 am - 5pm layover LAX - what to do?
- 6 Where to stay in Glacier NP
- 7 Hawaii
- 8 Moving to a new state
- 9 Driving to Minnesota from Jacksonville fl help
- 10 NYC - 10 Nights - Itinerary Feedback
- 11 Toying with Maine/Vermont road trip
- 12 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 13 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 14 How many states have you been to?
- 15 Kauai planning help
- 16 travel to Oahu (waikiki)
- 17 Day trip to the North Shore Kauai
- 18 Fine dining in South shore area of Kauai
- 19 Hotel Valencia, San Antonio RiverWalk
- 20 Palm Springs restaurant suggestions.
- 21 Coastal California trip with toddlers in April
- 22 USA, Trip to the south
- 23 Ferry info
- 24 Italian Food, Palm Desert
- 25 How many days in Death Valley and Sequoia?