We are flying into Honolulu on December 31 and are staying for two weeks. We are curious about what island(s) to go to. We could do one, or a few. We do have pals on the big island, so that might be a factor.
Here are our priorities (in no order):
affordable lodging (75 - 150 per night)
I'd like to see a volcano
And, we'd prefer to not have to spend a fortune or a ton of time getting to other islands
We are in our late 30's/early 40's, husband and wife without kids, very independent travelers who have been all over the world. We tend to stay away from chain restaurants, large resorts, etc. We eat adventurously!
Thanks so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Portland-Seattle and lots more: Itinerary comments requested
- 2 Driving from central Florida to Napa CA
- 3 New Orleans/long weekend in September
- 4 Lodge at Torrey Pines or Hilton Torrey Pines?
- 5 Badlands, Yellowstone, Grand Teton, etc. 2016 trip - Need suggestions
- 6 San Francisco Itinerary help
- 7 Driving cross country tips
- 8 Help with first time
- 9 Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire in October
- 10 Atlanta Airport
- 11 Crowd levels in Pigeon Forge/Sevierville
- 12 New York City never gets Old! A long "Christmasy" weekend.
- 13 Cape Cod in September with toddler
- 14 Road Trip From IA to Niagara Falls
- 15 Thousand Islands - Must Dos
- 16 San Francisco to Monterey Bay Time?
- 17 Best Fly-fishing in July
- 18 Discounted Rental Car?
- 19 2-day pass through trip in Glacier & Waterton National Park
- 20 A day at Franconia Notch State Park and White Mountain National Forest
- 21 Boston thru New Hampshire to Quebec City
- 22 Colorado Winter Wedding Venue
- 23 Best City/Place to stopover between Seattle & San Francisco
- 24 SW Colorado and Moab, UT
- 25 Chicago, Illinois: Where to stay? Do you need a car?