We are flying into Honolulu on December 31 and are staying for two weeks. We are curious about what island(s) to go to. We could do one, or a few. We do have pals on the big island, so that might be a factor.
Here are our priorities (in no order):
affordable lodging (75 - 150 per night)
I'd like to see a volcano
And, we'd prefer to not have to spend a fortune or a ton of time getting to other islands
We are in our late 30's/early 40's, husband and wife without kids, very independent travelers who have been all over the world. We tend to stay away from chain restaurants, large resorts, etc. We eat adventurously!
Thanks so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hawaii Help
- 2 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 3 Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- 4 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170123104914
- 5 Summer in Michigan
- 6 Naples/ Fort Myers
- 7 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170123104909
- 8 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
- 9 NYC 30th birhday ideas
- 10 State capitol buildings -- a two-thirds through ranking
- 11 Scenic vistas along the road the big island Hawaii
- 12 Rafting the Colorado
- 13 10-14 daycar fr. Monterey, CA to Jackson WY. Help - towns / Nat'l Parks
- 14 Glacier National Park
- 15 5 nights stay RMNP
- 16 Best Hilton location/hotel in New York
- 17 New York City - Wasington February 2017
- 18 West Virginia/Virginia during Thanksgiving (8 days)
- 19 Any Sanibel experts?
- 20 Traveling in winter
- 21 a short trip to san francisco
- 22 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 23 Big Island and Kauai questions
- 24 South east road trip
- 25 Huntington Beach to Yosemite