We are flying into Honolulu on December 31 and are staying for two weeks. We are curious about what island(s) to go to. We could do one, or a few. We do have pals on the big island, so that might be a factor.
Here are our priorities (in no order):
affordable lodging (75 - 150 per night)
I'd like to see a volcano
And, we'd prefer to not have to spend a fortune or a ton of time getting to other islands
We are in our late 30's/early 40's, husband and wife without kids, very independent travelers who have been all over the world. We tend to stay away from chain restaurants, large resorts, etc. We eat adventurously!
Thanks so much in advance!
Hawaii in January, budget travel, snorkeling a MUST
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Englandly: a Bit of Time in Massachusetts and Maine
- 2 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 3 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 4 yk & family 4-day trip to Portland, Maine; July 2014
- 5 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 6 Denver, Colorado, local's advice: Bistrot Vendome or other?
- 7 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 8 Alaska Local Knowledge Request
- 9 A few SF recommendations/itinerary review
- 10 Cape Cod trip report
- 11 Detroit area getaway - outside of the city
- 12 What a great weekend in Cooperstown (July 24-27)
- 13 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 14 Alaska Trip Report—10 days by car in July
- 15 Road Trip SW
- 16 Seafood
- 17 Drive Seattle to Las Vegas
- 18 moving to florida
- 19 2 weeks in Alaska
- 20 San Diego farmer's markets
- 21 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 22 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 23 car rental from denver airport and shuttle question
- 24 Connecticut River Byway
- 25 Oregon Wildfire Reports