Hello: I'm planning a first trip (8-10 days) to Hawaii last week Dec-1st week of January to celebrate a birthday. The goal of the trip is hiking on trails in a beautiful place. I'm concerned about wet conditions (dear husband and I don't like hiking through mud and rain, coming as we do from an arid climate). I'd be grateful if anyone could recommend some good hiking destinations during that time period that are more likely to have DRY conditions. I was originally thinking about Volcano Park or the Kona area on the Big Island or somewhere on the South or West Coasts of Kaui based on some brief mentions I picked up unrelated threads on this forum (but perhaps these places don't have the conditions I'm looking for??). I'd be grateful for comments/suggestions about the quality of the hiking experience and conditions in these or ANY other places in Hawaii that I should consider for this hiking trip? I'd like to stay in one location or at most two during the entire trip. (BTW: I'm not looking for a sea/surf/snorkeling/whale watching or honeymoon-ish destination. Rather I would just like to be in a beautiful, natural feeling place and hike, and would prefer to rent a condo/apt during my stay rather than being in a trad'l resort.) Thanks so much.
Hawaii hiking/last wk. Dec& 1st wk Jan/driest places?
View all United States activity »
- 1 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 2 Which is best place for visit in South Amrecia in December ?
- 3 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 4 One day in Washington DC
- 5 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 6 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 7 Tucson First Week or Last Week of March
- 8 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 9 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 10 San Antonio
- 11 hotel near Met NYC
- 12 Key West on NYE
- 13 Historic District Hotel, St. Augustine, Florida, February
- 14 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 15 Ft. Stewart/Savannah
- 16 If you drive through Greensboro during holiday time....
- 17 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 18 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 19 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 20 Hotel near Public Theater
- 21 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 22 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 23 Oahu Information
- 24 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 25 Wailea Maui Restaurants