For our 25th we were leaving towards a cruise to Alaska and then all of a sudden I remembered that when we were newly married we had talked about always wanting to go to Hawaii so he's 67, I am 54 so we figured lets do it now....well actually it will be Oct 2010.
I am usually pretty well versed about places but for some reason I have no idea where is the best place to start. I am pretty well traveled. Been to Europe several times, cruises, Caribbean Islands, etc. but this one is hard for me for some reason. There are so many books about traveling to Hawaii but I have no idea which are better than which. I realized that in the past when we have made plans we knew a lot of friends and relatives we could ask questions too and were pretty successful putting together a vacation from their info. Unbelievable we know very few people who have been there or if they had been there it was decades ago.
Any idea on where the best places to start working on this? I started looking at the message boards but even that seemed overwhelming there is so much info.
Any good websites on Hawaii? Anything else to help me start out would be appreciated. Once I start formulating a plan I will be okay but for some reason I just can't get it together. Thanks.
Hawaii for 25th anniversary-Where to start
- 1 Oregon Cave NM or extra day in Redwoods area?
- 2 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 3 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 4 Newport, RI Questions
- 5 Honeymoon to Kauai and Maui from the East Coast
- 6 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old
- 7 3 Week Roadtrip Starting in Nashville - Where to Go?!
- 8 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 9 Planning Road Trip Seattle to Denver and Back
- 10 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 11 NYC to FLA Road Trip..stopovers (I-81) in Virginia and Sea Islands?
- 12 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 13 American Airlines reservation question
- 14 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 15 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 16 coast drive from Seattle to San Francisco
- 17 Car trip from Seattle
- 18 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 19 Need a bit of help planning a 3 week trip to the US
- 20 Best timeshare in Branson?
- 21 Dennisport: Haigis Beach v. Sea Street Beach
- 22 Help with July 4th Marriott Houston trip
- 23 Help with New York Itinerary!
- 24 Driving from Atlanta to Orlando With kids resting stops
- 25 Customs & Checked Baggage at O'Hare - coming from Dublin Airport