Thanks for the help with a previous question. Mose helpful!
We'll be in Waikiki for 4 nights, Maui for 6, then the Big Island for 6.
We're an active couple who travel a lot, practice our espanol in South and Central America, like big cities, but also like nature, but we have never been to Hawaii. We'll be going January 1.
Waikiki - In older posts, some folks said they like to stay farther from the West end, because it's all about the convention center and the Hilton. Others said to avoid the most Eastern end by Diamond Head, because it's a little too far off. Anyone think it's important to follow this advice, or just find the place that seems right for us?
Maui is all set. Friends live there, and we're all planned.
We fly into the Hilo side of the BI, and spend two nights. in answer to a previous post, folks suggested Volcano Village over Hilo for our stay. Hope it's not too small for us, but I trust all of you past visitors! The 4 final nights will be on the Kona side, and we fly home from there.
Sounds like the Kohala coast has beautiful beaches and big resorts. We'll have spent all of our Maui time at the Four Seasons (I'm not a Rockefeller - free for us through someone), so I'm not sure a big resort is what we would want, though they seem lovely. The Kona area sounds awfully crowded or touristy, but there seem to be fans, and certainly easier to find restaurants and so on. So, I know we'll end up in the Kona area for a few activities, and I know we want to go North to visit some of the smaller towns. Just wondering what everyone thinks might be better. I know there's not one right answer, but would love to hear you experts weigh in.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Glacier National Park, should we cancel our plans?
- 2 Places to stay in TX...?
- 3 Highway 1 motels
- 4 Smoky Mountains -Cades Cove saw wolf.
- 5 Looking for pretty waterfront hotel for weekend trip from Detroit
- 6 Mackinac or Holland?
- 7 Best beach to try surfing around Monterey/Santa Cruz?
- 8 New Orleans Best Guided Tours
- 9 Need a short term apartment in BOSTON
- 10 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 11 Alabama vs. Florida Beaches
- 12 Best Place to Stay in Asheville, North Carolina with 80 year old dad
- 13 Photographers Need Maine Driving Itinerary from Fairfield County, CT
- 14 Should we skip Yosemite?
- 15 http://www.getadvancingincome.com/pokemon-fire-red-cheats/
- 16 8wks Exploring Canada, Alaska & the Northwestern States
- 17 Your Golden Gate Park favorites
- 18 San Diego Clothing Help (woman)
- 19 3 weeks No Cal and OR coast trip advise
- 20 Where are the orcas near Seattle?
- 21 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 22 driving from LA to Portland
- 23 Roadtrip in the South. Help on when to go!
- 24 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla
- 25 San Fran to LA via PCH