Thanks for the help with a previous question. Mose helpful!
We'll be in Waikiki for 4 nights, Maui for 6, then the Big Island for 6.
We're an active couple who travel a lot, practice our espanol in South and Central America, like big cities, but also like nature, but we have never been to Hawaii. We'll be going January 1.
Waikiki - In older posts, some folks said they like to stay farther from the West end, because it's all about the convention center and the Hilton. Others said to avoid the most Eastern end by Diamond Head, because it's a little too far off. Anyone think it's important to follow this advice, or just find the place that seems right for us?
Maui is all set. Friends live there, and we're all planned.
We fly into the Hilo side of the BI, and spend two nights. in answer to a previous post, folks suggested Volcano Village over Hilo for our stay. Hope it's not too small for us, but I trust all of you past visitors! The 4 final nights will be on the Kona side, and we fly home from there.
Sounds like the Kohala coast has beautiful beaches and big resorts. We'll have spent all of our Maui time at the Four Seasons (I'm not a Rockefeller - free for us through someone), so I'm not sure a big resort is what we would want, though they seem lovely. The Kona area sounds awfully crowded or touristy, but there seem to be fans, and certainly easier to find restaurants and so on. So, I know we'll end up in the Kona area for a few activities, and I know we want to go North to visit some of the smaller towns. Just wondering what everyone thinks might be better. I know there's not one right answer, but would love to hear you experts weigh in.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://guidemesupplements.com/bio-rocket-blast/
- 2 http://healthonlinereviews.com/dermagen-iq/
- 3 Boston architecture, decorative arts, & food
- 4 Why people need Fake Driver's Licenses now days?
- 5 11 Day Road Trip/Backpacking Trip to Utah's NPs, Looking for Suggestions.
- 6 11 day PNW coast-Olympic-Portland-Glacier
- 7 A pleasant day on the road in Oregon?
- 8 Fabulous resort for girls' getaway?
- 9 What sets a Marine aside from some guy
- 10 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 11 Amtrak California Zephyr and Yosemite waterfalls
- 12 More lodging in Oregon for eclipse
- 13 Rules of the NY Subway
- 14 Mt Rushmore/Grand Tetons/JacksonHole/Yellowstone Adventure
- 15 Food Festival Tour
- 16 Confused about Yellowstone trip
- 17 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 18 Photos from Glacier National Park October 2016
- 19 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 20 Seatte to San Fran - 3 Teenagers
- 21 California Coast Highway 1 from SF to LA Closed?
- 22 Road Trip Bucks County PA to In the Dells Wisconsin
- 23 Dividing time in Glacier
- 24 My travels to Monument Valley
- 25 Miami for 2 days