Thanks for the help with a previous question. Mose helpful!
We'll be in Waikiki for 4 nights, Maui for 6, then the Big Island for 6.
We're an active couple who travel a lot, practice our espanol in South and Central America, like big cities, but also like nature, but we have never been to Hawaii. We'll be going January 1.
Waikiki - In older posts, some folks said they like to stay farther from the West end, because it's all about the convention center and the Hilton. Others said to avoid the most Eastern end by Diamond Head, because it's a little too far off. Anyone think it's important to follow this advice, or just find the place that seems right for us?
Maui is all set. Friends live there, and we're all planned.
We fly into the Hilo side of the BI, and spend two nights. in answer to a previous post, folks suggested Volcano Village over Hilo for our stay. Hope it's not too small for us, but I trust all of you past visitors! The 4 final nights will be on the Kona side, and we fly home from there.
Sounds like the Kohala coast has beautiful beaches and big resorts. We'll have spent all of our Maui time at the Four Seasons (I'm not a Rockefeller - free for us through someone), so I'm not sure a big resort is what we would want, though they seem lovely. The Kona area sounds awfully crowded or touristy, but there seem to be fans, and certainly easier to find restaurants and so on. So, I know we'll end up in the Kona area for a few activities, and I know we want to go North to visit some of the smaller towns. Just wondering what everyone thinks might be better. I know there's not one right answer, but would love to hear you experts weigh in.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 good restaurant near Nawiliwili port, Kauai
- 2 Which National Park summer 2018 with kids
- 3 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 4 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 5 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 6 Planning a 12-13 Day Cali Trip SF to SD
- 7 Solo Trip to Mid-West
- 8 Hiking from Aspen to Crested Butte
- 9 Any nice condo's to stay in Seaside, Florida?
- 10 Uber from Baton Rouge to N.O. Airport
- 11 Where to go for a long winter vacation in Florida, Panama City Beach??
- 12 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 13 Restaurant recommendations in falmouth/mashpee, ma area
- 14 Travel Friday Harbor to Olympic Peninsula?
- 15 Trip Report Part 2 (w/teens) - Zion, Bryce and Park City
- 16 Northern California Gardens.
- 17 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 18 Adventure Travel in Kenai Peninsula
- 19 Train from east cost to west coast
- 20 Trip Report Part 1 - Carmel/Monterey, Yosemite and Sequoia (w/teens)
- 21 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 22 Looking to move from North Carolina to Colorado
- 23 Route 66
- 24 Savannah Itinerary Feedback Please
- 25 First time Colorado 1 week-itinerary help