Thanks for the help with a previous question. Mose helpful!
We'll be in Waikiki for 4 nights, Maui for 6, then the Big Island for 6.
We're an active couple who travel a lot, practice our espanol in South and Central America, like big cities, but also like nature, but we have never been to Hawaii. We'll be going January 1.
Waikiki - In older posts, some folks said they like to stay farther from the West end, because it's all about the convention center and the Hilton. Others said to avoid the most Eastern end by Diamond Head, because it's a little too far off. Anyone think it's important to follow this advice, or just find the place that seems right for us?
Maui is all set. Friends live there, and we're all planned.
We fly into the Hilo side of the BI, and spend two nights. in answer to a previous post, folks suggested Volcano Village over Hilo for our stay. Hope it's not too small for us, but I trust all of you past visitors! The 4 final nights will be on the Kona side, and we fly home from there.
Sounds like the Kohala coast has beautiful beaches and big resorts. We'll have spent all of our Maui time at the Four Seasons (I'm not a Rockefeller - free for us through someone), so I'm not sure a big resort is what we would want, though they seem lovely. The Kona area sounds awfully crowded or touristy, but there seem to be fans, and certainly easier to find restaurants and so on. So, I know we'll end up in the Kona area for a few activities, and I know we want to go North to visit some of the smaller towns. Just wondering what everyone thinks might be better. I know there's not one right answer, but would love to hear you experts weigh in.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 2 Things to do in Toronto
- 3 LA/ Santa Monica with boyfriend and another couple!
- 4 Miami airport--safety??
- 5 Las vegas hotel off the beaten path
- 6 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 7 UC Santa Barbara hotels
- 8 US whole month of January where to
- 9 San Fran & Monterey Bay with Tweens
- 10 HAWAII- best islands at xmas time
- 11 I95 or I81 to Florida from NJ on Memorial Day Weekend Friday?
- 12 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 13 Drive from Ohio to NYC
- 14 Recent Spam Attacks
- 15 Family trip Las Vegas to Zion, Bryce, Page, GC and Sedona?
- 16 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 17 Central Coast CA kayaking?
- 18 Heading to Asheville, NC
- 19 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 20 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 21 Baltimore Weekend
- 22 Dinosaur National Monument
- 23 Road trip LA to Phoenix via Grand Canyon
- 24 Is Yosemite worth going too in July?
- 25 Rocky Mountain road trip