Thanks for the help with a previous question. Mose helpful!
We'll be in Waikiki for 4 nights, Maui for 6, then the Big Island for 6.
We're an active couple who travel a lot, practice our espanol in South and Central America, like big cities, but also like nature, but we have never been to Hawaii. We'll be going January 1.
Waikiki - In older posts, some folks said they like to stay farther from the West end, because it's all about the convention center and the Hilton. Others said to avoid the most Eastern end by Diamond Head, because it's a little too far off. Anyone think it's important to follow this advice, or just find the place that seems right for us?
Maui is all set. Friends live there, and we're all planned.
We fly into the Hilo side of the BI, and spend two nights. in answer to a previous post, folks suggested Volcano Village over Hilo for our stay. Hope it's not too small for us, but I trust all of you past visitors! The 4 final nights will be on the Kona side, and we fly home from there.
Sounds like the Kohala coast has beautiful beaches and big resorts. We'll have spent all of our Maui time at the Four Seasons (I'm not a Rockefeller - free for us through someone), so I'm not sure a big resort is what we would want, though they seem lovely. The Kona area sounds awfully crowded or touristy, but there seem to be fans, and certainly easier to find restaurants and so on. So, I know we'll end up in the Kona area for a few activities, and I know we want to go North to visit some of the smaller towns. Just wondering what everyone thinks might be better. I know there's not one right answer, but would love to hear you experts weigh in.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ideas for New York
- 2 Driving from San Francisco to Seattle late december/early january
- 3 No Spam this morning!!
- 4 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 5 Road Trip From Central PA TO CA (LA, California)
- 6 Seeing The Hunley in Charleston
- 7 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 8 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 9 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 10 Four Nights in Texas? San Antonio? Austin? Dallas?
- 11 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 12 San Francisco food suggestions?
- 13 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 14 South Beach, Miami Affordable Hotels
- 15 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 16 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 17 Suggestions for a Week in Portland
- 18 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 19 Help us choose a hotel
- 20 Honeymoon on PCH
- 21 Magic Show
- 22 So if you had one night in SF, where would you eat?
- 23 2 Nights Dealth Valley from L.A.
- 24 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 25 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017