Thanks for the help with a previous question. Mose helpful!
We'll be in Waikiki for 4 nights, Maui for 6, then the Big Island for 6.
We're an active couple who travel a lot, practice our espanol in South and Central America, like big cities, but also like nature, but we have never been to Hawaii. We'll be going January 1.
Waikiki - In older posts, some folks said they like to stay farther from the West end, because it's all about the convention center and the Hilton. Others said to avoid the most Eastern end by Diamond Head, because it's a little too far off. Anyone think it's important to follow this advice, or just find the place that seems right for us?
Maui is all set. Friends live there, and we're all planned.
We fly into the Hilo side of the BI, and spend two nights. in answer to a previous post, folks suggested Volcano Village over Hilo for our stay. Hope it's not too small for us, but I trust all of you past visitors! The 4 final nights will be on the Kona side, and we fly home from there.
Sounds like the Kohala coast has beautiful beaches and big resorts. We'll have spent all of our Maui time at the Four Seasons (I'm not a Rockefeller - free for us through someone), so I'm not sure a big resort is what we would want, though they seem lovely. The Kona area sounds awfully crowded or touristy, but there seem to be fans, and certainly easier to find restaurants and so on. So, I know we'll end up in the Kona area for a few activities, and I know we want to go North to visit some of the smaller towns. Just wondering what everyone thinks might be better. I know there's not one right answer, but would love to hear you experts weigh in.
Thanks in advance!
Hawaii first time three islands
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 2 Dining in D.C.
- 3 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 4 Jersey City Parking
- 5 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 6 Washington DC Metro
- 7 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 8 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 9 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 10 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 11 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 12 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 13 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 14 Las Vegas to Los Angeles via Death Valley
- 15 San Diego/Los Angeles Trip with Teens
- 16 Alaska cruise and land
- 17 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 18 Grand Circle Itinerary Utah
- 19 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 20 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 21 NYC taxi vs car service
- 22 rain in Kauai
- 23 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 24 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 25 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?