Thanks for the help with a previous question. Mose helpful!
We'll be in Waikiki for 4 nights, Maui for 6, then the Big Island for 6.
We're an active couple who travel a lot, practice our espanol in South and Central America, like big cities, but also like nature, but we have never been to Hawaii. We'll be going January 1.
Waikiki - In older posts, some folks said they like to stay farther from the West end, because it's all about the convention center and the Hilton. Others said to avoid the most Eastern end by Diamond Head, because it's a little too far off. Anyone think it's important to follow this advice, or just find the place that seems right for us?
Maui is all set. Friends live there, and we're all planned.
We fly into the Hilo side of the BI, and spend two nights. in answer to a previous post, folks suggested Volcano Village over Hilo for our stay. Hope it's not too small for us, but I trust all of you past visitors! The 4 final nights will be on the Kona side, and we fly home from there.
Sounds like the Kohala coast has beautiful beaches and big resorts. We'll have spent all of our Maui time at the Four Seasons (I'm not a Rockefeller - free for us through someone), so I'm not sure a big resort is what we would want, though they seem lovely. The Kona area sounds awfully crowded or touristy, but there seem to be fans, and certainly easier to find restaurants and so on. So, I know we'll end up in the Kona area for a few activities, and I know we want to go North to visit some of the smaller towns. Just wondering what everyone thinks might be better. I know there's not one right answer, but would love to hear you experts weigh in.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Restaurant Recs for Minneapolis
- 2 First time, Best business class?
- 3 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 4 What to pack
- 5 AUGUST---7 day San Fran to San Diego
- 6 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon
- 7 Spa at THE Hotel at Mandalay Bay
- 8 Trip Report: 2 weeks from SF to Yellowstone and back, June 2016
- 9 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 10 Zion and Bryce in July
- 11 Moving from Fresno CA to highpoint NC
- 12 Itinerary Help Needed
- 13 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 14 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 15 CA Fire - need revised itinerary help
- 16 Road trip from Gulf Coast to Key West
- 17 SW Colorado/San Juan Skyway ideas?
- 18 Between Naples and Fort Myers
- 19 Kids Vacation Place
- 20 Desert Southwest
- 21 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 22 If you're in Cleveland for the GOP Convention
- 23 Boston waterfront Italian
- 24 US-Canada road trip help
- 25 Cape cod, Vermont and Newyork