A friend is going to be staying in Kona next week, for two days (3 nights). She was thinking about driving across to Hilo, on one of those days. I'm wondering if that an easy round trip in one day, and can you take a rental car across the Saddle Road? Would really appreciate any insights to pass along.
Hawaii, Big Island, Kona to Hilo Day Trip?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 2 Chicago in early March 2015 - a dilemma...
- 3 New York City Restaurants
- 4 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 5 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 6 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 7 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 8 Cabin Honeymoon Out West
- 9 DRIVING ACROSS COUNTRY EAST TO WEST MID MAY TO JUNE
- 10 Dining Suggestions for the Baltimore/Annapolis Area?
- 11 Searching For The Rhythm Of Florida
- 12 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 13 Boston/Fenway park
- 14 California self drive trip
- 15 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 16 Boutique Hotels - NYC
- 17 Timeshare Nightmares
- 18 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 19 10 day trip to California
- 20 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 21 Oregon, Washington, Amtrak
- 22 Drive along the Columbia River
- 23 Wine Country Picnic
- 24 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 25 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)