my wife and I lucked into about two weeks of vacation time together this summer and were hoping to make something happen with Hawaii. Our question is this: can Hawaii be done affordably, and if so, what is a typical ballpark figure for an "affordable Hawaii vacation"?. Our ideal trip would include stops to Kauai and the big island. We are both active and would be looking to do some combination of beach time, hiking, sight seeing, water sports, etc. what is the best way to do lodging?
At the moment, flights look to be around 1000 per from the east coast for a simple round trip. What would be the best way to package/arrange flights to make our trip more affordable, or would some different combination of islands be better? I welcome all input and any advice you might have for me!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Would Torrey be a good base for Moab/Canyonlands
- 2 The Frugals Go To Maine
- 3 Kids missing three weeks of school.
- 4 How long to spend at Lassen Volcanic NP?
- 5 Relocation help - move to cool climate
- 6 4 OR 5 BEDROOM CABIN IN WISCONSIN, IOWA OR MINNESOTA FOR ANNUAL GIRL TRIP
- 7 Hawaii with 2 young teens
- 8 Need Help w/ Itinerary-Redwood NP, Mendocino, Sea Ranch Lodge
- 9 Maine weather and temps
- 10 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 11 WA to CT
- 12 L.A. and Sequoia
- 13 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 14 Alcatrez sold out
- 15 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 16 Nantucket Baggage Storage
- 17 Key West - Kids Friendly?
- 18 Cross Country Road Trip Phoenix to Boston
- 19 Broadway
- 20 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 21 Do you need a car in Siesta Key? 1st timer....
- 22 A great birthday trip to Charleston!
- 23 Road Trip from Dallas to Miami
- 24 Hawaii Itinerary for Family with Teens
- 25 Need help planning....