my wife and I lucked into about two weeks of vacation time together this summer and were hoping to make something happen with Hawaii. Our question is this: can Hawaii be done affordably, and if so, what is a typical ballpark figure for an "affordable Hawaii vacation"?. Our ideal trip would include stops to Kauai and the big island. We are both active and would be looking to do some combination of beach time, hiking, sight seeing, water sports, etc. what is the best way to do lodging?
At the moment, flights look to be around 1000 per from the east coast for a simple round trip. What would be the best way to package/arrange flights to make our trip more affordable, or would some different combination of islands be better? I welcome all input and any advice you might have for me!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 2 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 3 Going from Savanah to thru Smokey Mountains and to the Blue Ridge
- 4 NYC bus tour suggestions
- 5 Smoky Mountains Honeymoon
- 6 DC restaurant report
- 7 My parents planned a vacation for me without asking.
- 8 national park during thanksgiving
- 9 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!
- 10 DC Tours, Washington, DC
- 11 RV Round Trip VA-CO Summertime
- 12 December trip to see snow
- 13 Northern California Redwoods
- 14 trip repor 5th-8th October
- 15 Glacier and Grand Tetons: June or July
- 16 Visiting for a conference - where to stay (near stadiums) and sightseeing?
- 17 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 18 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 19 Philadelphia - Safe?
- 20 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 21 Last minute trip to Arizona
- 22 S/F Yosemite Trip next August
- 23 Key West
- 24 Baltimore restaurant rant
- 25 Travelling from NYC to Washington Depot