We r heading to Hawaii for the first time with our kids (12 & 7). We have plans to visit Oahu-4 nites, Maui-5 nites, Kauai-3 nites. However, a majority of the feedback has been to stick to 2 islands only. My kids r great travelers and we had planned to bring only carry-ons etc to cut back airport time but I'm getting worried that it would b too much & can change plans. We don't care if we miss sights but would like a combo of activity and relaxation. Any thoughts? Also, if we choose only 2 islands it Wud b Oahu & Maui - how do u suggest we split this? I'm concerned staying on one island may be boring for 8 nights (I know how ridiculous it sounds! Lol).
Thank you for your feedback.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 2 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 3 Northwest Passage
- 4 Alaska cruise
- 5 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 6 Spur of the moment Chicago advice.
- 7 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 8 Sonoma
- 9 Fodor's Walt Disney World 2017 travel guide
- 10 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 11 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 12 101 closure
- 13 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 14 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
- 15 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 16 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 17 Cruise to Alaska. Ports- Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, Victoria
- 18 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 19 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 20 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 21 Gate1 8 Day Grand Canyon tour review/ Comments
- 22 New Orleans
- 23 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 24 Kentucky Derby Shuttle
- 25 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.