We r heading to Hawaii for the first time with our kids (12 & 7). We have plans to visit Oahu-4 nites, Maui-5 nites, Kauai-3 nites. However, a majority of the feedback has been to stick to 2 islands only. My kids r great travelers and we had planned to bring only carry-ons etc to cut back airport time but I'm getting worried that it would b too much & can change plans. We don't care if we miss sights but would like a combo of activity and relaxation. Any thoughts? Also, if we choose only 2 islands it Wud b Oahu & Maui - how do u suggest we split this? I'm concerned staying on one island may be boring for 8 nights (I know how ridiculous it sounds! Lol).
Thank you for your feedback.
Hawaii-3 islands in 12nites/13 days?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First family ski trip
- 2 Alaska
- 3 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 4 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 5 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 6 NYC theatre broadway
- 7 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 8 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 9 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 10 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 11 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 12 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 13 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 14 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 15 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 16 Anchorage Sheraton Hotel and Spa
- 17 Visiting Denver
- 18 Visiting Denver
- 19 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 20 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 21 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 22 Louisville to Dallas, spring time, 10 days, teenagers
- 23 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 24 A day in Dallas
- 25 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!