We r heading to Hawaii for the first time with our kids (12 & 7). We have plans to visit Oahu-4 nites, Maui-5 nites, Kauai-3 nites. However, a majority of the feedback has been to stick to 2 islands only. My kids r great travelers and we had planned to bring only carry-ons etc to cut back airport time but I'm getting worried that it would b too much & can change plans. We don't care if we miss sights but would like a combo of activity and relaxation. Any thoughts? Also, if we choose only 2 islands it Wud b Oahu & Maui - how do u suggest we split this? I'm concerned staying on one island may be boring for 8 nights (I know how ridiculous it sounds! Lol).
Thank you for your feedback.
Hawaii-3 islands in 12nites/13 days?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Timeshare Nightmares
- 2 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 3 3 Days in Denver area- want to hike and bike, stay in Boulder or Denver?
- 4 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 5 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 6 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 7 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 8 Family Camp in Maine
- 9 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 10 Spring Has Officially Sprung in Central Park
- 11 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 12 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 13 New York City Restaurants
- 14 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 15 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 16 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 17 San Diego
- 18 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 19 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 20 Seattle to Los Angeles and back . . . ideas for family stopping places?
- 21 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 22 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 23 Phoenix restaurants
- 24 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 25 Travel West Coast