My son has a week of camp in the Bridgeport area this summer and I will be staying in the vicinity during that time. I'm bringing my 75 year-old mother and her friend as they both wanted to see the area. I am trying to sort through and make us a schedule during our 7 days there, whether it is just quaint town squares, small museums, nice shops, universities, restaurants - anything goes! As the ladies are from the northwest part of the US this will be their first time exploring the area. I have access to a car and everyone is in good walking condition if the pace isn't too fast. We fly into Hartford and they wanted to see Yale University but other than that, I would appreciate any suggestions from those of you in the know! I've been reading all the posts, but would appreciate any other guidance. Thanks, Jane
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 2 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 3 Santa Fe Itineray
- 4 Big Sure in June
- 5 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 6 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 7 best health clubs with lap pools
- 8 RV camping near Yosemite NP
- 9 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 10 Retiring to Tucson
- 11 universal studios and disney
- 12 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 13 Folly, Surfside, Carolina or Wrightsville Beach?
- 14 Spring Break @ Big Bend
- 15 Arches Devils Garden
- 16 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 17 Steelhead fishing in Kenai Alaska
- 18 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 19 Savannah hotel
- 20 Utah National Parks visit
- 21 marriot cypress harbour
- 22 Hotel in Reno
- 23 Hwy 1/Big Sur Update
- 24 Visiting Glacier Nat'l Park with 18 mo old.
- 25 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
Have a week in Connecticut while son is in camp. Suggestions needed please!