My son has a week of camp in the Bridgeport area this summer and I will be staying in the vicinity during that time. I'm bringing my 75 year-old mother and her friend as they both wanted to see the area. I am trying to sort through and make us a schedule during our 7 days there, whether it is just quaint town squares, small museums, nice shops, universities, restaurants - anything goes! As the ladies are from the northwest part of the US this will be their first time exploring the area. I have access to a car and everyone is in good walking condition if the pace isn't too fast. We fly into Hartford and they wanted to see Yale University but other than that, I would appreciate any suggestions from those of you in the know! I've been reading all the posts, but would appreciate any other guidance. Thanks, Jane
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Parking in Boston
- 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LQyu9MEzGE
- 3 Mystic, Portland, Camden, Bar Harbor
- 4 Portland, Crater Lake and coast to LA
- 5 Need Northeast itinerary ASAP
- 6 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 7 NJ to Sunset Beach, NC
- 8 What's the 14th Street area like?
- 9 Las vegas +21
- 10 Florida - East Coast vs. Gulf Coast - opinion asap
- 11 Your favourite places in New York City
- 12 Best Brunswick Stew in Norfolk, Va
- 13 Best areas to stay from Dunedin to St Pete Beach?
- 14 Gabfest in Fredericksburg VA
- 15 Which Motel with Magic Fingers Beds?
- 16 Trip Starting from New York
- 17 Four San Francisco restaurants
- 18 July 4th fireworks in NYC
- 19 Thanksgiving Day in NYC
- 20 Day trip suggestions from Frankenmuth
- 21 Travel suggestions from Mystic, CT to Bar Harbor, Maine
- 22 Where to stay in Munising, MI?
- 23 Nilichik Ak.
- 24 Is Coney Island worth a trip if you don't like rides?
- 25 Grand Teton Questions
Have a week in Connecticut while son is in camp. Suggestions needed please!