My son has a week of camp in the Bridgeport area this summer and I will be staying in the vicinity during that time. I'm bringing my 75 year-old mother and her friend as they both wanted to see the area. I am trying to sort through and make us a schedule during our 7 days there, whether it is just quaint town squares, small museums, nice shops, universities, restaurants - anything goes! As the ladies are from the northwest part of the US this will be their first time exploring the area. I have access to a car and everyone is in good walking condition if the pace isn't too fast. We fly into Hartford and they wanted to see Yale University but other than that, I would appreciate any suggestions from those of you in the know! I've been reading all the posts, but would appreciate any other guidance. Thanks, Jane
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 DC area hotel for end of June...
- 2 Birthday vacation ideas
- 3 San Francisco to Costa Mesa
- 4 Nashville restaurants
- 5 Highlights of our return to Kauai
- 6 NYC - 10-day visit!!!
- 7 Travel from Boise, Idaho to Grand Canyon
- 8 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 9 Who offers multi-island guided birding trips in Hawaii?
- 10 Empire Sate: best time; best vendor etcx
- 11 philly to fredericksburg sat of memorial day wknd - bad idea?
- 12 Is Silverwood Amusement park worth a visit?
- 13 Early 30's Couple Spending Two Weeks in Coastal Maine and Canada
- 14 Where to visit driving through coast of Maine
- 15 Scenic / Walking Day Trip from Las Vegas
- 16 Thanksgiving Road trip California
- 17 Day Trip from Chicago Suburbs with Kids
- 18 MO road trip itinerary
- 19 Around New Orleans
- 20 Uber Ride from LV to South Rim, Grand Canyon?
- 21 2 1/2 days in Mesa Verde, Santa Fe, Taos
- 22 Visiting New York State
- 23 pulling a tent trailer in utah
- 24 Bryce Canyon Astronomy Festival
- 25 Lines for Shakespeare in the park tickets
Have a week in Connecticut while son is in camp. Suggestions needed please!