My son has a week of camp in the Bridgeport area this summer and I will be staying in the vicinity during that time. I'm bringing my 75 year-old mother and her friend as they both wanted to see the area. I am trying to sort through and make us a schedule during our 7 days there, whether it is just quaint town squares, small museums, nice shops, universities, restaurants - anything goes! As the ladies are from the northwest part of the US this will be their first time exploring the area. I have access to a car and everyone is in good walking condition if the pace isn't too fast. We fly into Hartford and they wanted to see Yale University but other than that, I would appreciate any suggestions from those of you in the know! I've been reading all the posts, but would appreciate any other guidance. Thanks, Jane
Have a week in Connecticut while son is in camp. Suggestions needed please!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Finding flights and hotels globally
- 2 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 3 Is the New York subway safe?
- 4 What is timeshare in spiritual sense.
- 5 Skiing New Mexico
- 6 Sacramento to State College, PA in late November
- 7 What do you think about Asian tourist manner?
- 8 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 9 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II
- 10 Where to from Tampa?
- 11 Angels Crest and Rim of the World Scenic Drives: Mid-November 2014
- 12 Drive Dallas To New Orleans - Best Food Stops!!
- 13 Need ideas - hGirls' trip to Chicago
- 14 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 15 Chicago O'Hare to Downtown
- 16 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 17 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 18 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 19 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 20 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 21 Thinking about moving from PA to Florida (Dr. Phillips area of Orlando)
- 22 Saturday arrival Seattle airport to Lake Crescent
- 23 Grand Canyon , Zion and Bryce Itinerary suggestions
- 24 Drive from Grand Canyon to Prescott next week
- 25 Houston Weekend Planning Help Needed, please