A friend just came back from Gatlinburg and said that there are quite a few stores, etc. closed there. Also not very crowded. They were there over last weekend 8/13 and although it probably isn't the busiest vacation time, it still sounded odd. We usually avoid going there in the fall because of the crowds, but this year may be a good time to visit.
Has tourism been down in GSMNP?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 2 Fun restaurants in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge
- 3 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 4 Driving between Nashville and Memphis
- 5 Road to Hana in 2 days without spending the night???
- 6 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 7 San Francisco - Anyone use Rover app for Muni tracking?
- 8 Can I make a 1pm flight out of OGG if I stay the night before in Hana?
- 9 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 10 San Francisco itinerary help
- 11 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 12 Long Weekend Great Smoky Mountains, March 2014, Gatlinburg
- 13 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 14 Fun restaurant for kids before Broadway play
- 15 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 16 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 17 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 18 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 19 Brooklyn why?
- 20 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 21 Is it a good idea to stay near LAX?
- 22 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 23 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 24 New York City Restaurants
- 25 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?