We are taking a week long vacation (8/20 - 8/27) in New England. We are fling in and out of Hartford, CT since I have a good friend who lives there. I have already made reservations to stay a couple of night in White Mountains in NH.. My friend is suggesting we also go to Lake George, NY for a night or two... however looking at the maps and mixed online reviews, I am a bit skeptical about it... Wanted to see if anyone has any other suggestion to spend a night or two somewhere nice that is not very out of the way since we have a 2 year old and want to reduce the time in car
We are trying to stay away from big city life, bars, downtown, museums on this tour since I am sure my daughter wouldn't appreciate those at this age... We are rather focusing on natural beauty, mountains, water falls etc..
Thanks in advance..
Hartford, CT to White Mountains, NH... what to see in between
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First family ski trip
- 2 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 3 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 4 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 5 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 6 NYC theatre broadway
- 7 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 8 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 9 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 10 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 11 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 12 Visiting Denver
- 13 Visiting Denver
- 14 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 15 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 16 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 17 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 18 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 19 Denver in a half day
- 20 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 21 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 22 Oahu ideas
- 23 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 24 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 25 Best places to move to Florida?