We are taking a week long vacation (8/20 - 8/27) in New England. We are fling in and out of Hartford, CT since I have a good friend who lives there. I have already made reservations to stay a couple of night in White Mountains in NH.. My friend is suggesting we also go to Lake George, NY for a night or two... however looking at the maps and mixed online reviews, I am a bit skeptical about it... Wanted to see if anyone has any other suggestion to spend a night or two somewhere nice that is not very out of the way since we have a 2 year old and want to reduce the time in car
We are trying to stay away from big city life, bars, downtown, museums on this tour since I am sure my daughter wouldn't appreciate those at this age... We are rather focusing on natural beauty, mountains, water falls etc..
Thanks in advance..
Hartford, CT to White Mountains, NH... what to see in between
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Nev Senator Harry Reid's Ritz Carlton digs
- 2 Fun restaurants in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge
- 3 Road to Hana in 2 days without spending the night???
- 4 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 5 Driving between Nashville and Memphis
- 6 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 7 Can I make a 1pm flight out of OGG if I stay the night before in Hana?
- 8 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 9 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 10 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 11 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 12 Brooklyn why?
- 13 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 14 Is it a good idea to stay near LAX?
- 15 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 16 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 17 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 18 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 19 New York City Restaurants
- 20 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 21 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 22 Buying African Masks in Chicago, New York City or Atlanta
- 23 Maui vacation
- 24 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 25 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants