Many of you know that I'm now a 'reverse' snowbird, spending most of the year (including all winter) in west central New Jersey, while my home in Naples, Florida is simply an occasional getaway. Flying back and forth is kind of a pain. The two hour drive to Newark, the incredible parking rates, horrendous lines at security, the madness of the airport, etc. make it a less than pleasant experience. Philadelphia airport is closer for us, but very limited with non stop flights. But at last -- Frontier Airlines has started non stop flights between Trenton/Mercer and Ft. Myers! It's a 20 minute drive for us and offers FREE parking for weeks at a time if you want! You only need to arrive at this tiny airport 30 minutes before flight time (if not checking luggage). I just booked tickets in May for $68 each way for each of us! Wow! And also I booked flights to New Orleans from there -- also non stop -- in April for the same price! Perhaps flying can become fun again! I'm so excited.
Happy Day, a new airline for us in NJ.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Another Trip to DC for baseball!
- 2 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 3 New Orleans - good side trip in a car?
- 4 Where to eat in & around San Diego
- 5 Chicago - Girl Scout Itinerary
- 6 Tallest and largest living Saguaros at Saguaro National Park
- 7 Fall trip, best location to stay in Vermont. Need help please.
- 8 Advice on Roadtrip
- 9 trip from Memphis, TN to San Antonio, TX
- 10 Miami comfort without $$$$
- 11 Hotel Consturction in NYC
- 12 Hanging Lake Hike (CO) with Kids?
- 13 GTG in Los Angeles March 17 or 18
- 14 Car Rental - NYC help me figure out logistics
- 15 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 16 Chicago to New England Road trip
- 17 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 18 North Conway, Jackson or where to stay in October
- 19 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 20 Montana- what are must see places?
- 21 California San Diego area lodging
- 22 Kauai Garden tours
- 23 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 24 Stopover between Las Vegas and Yosemite
- 25 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?