Many of you know that I'm now a 'reverse' snowbird, spending most of the year (including all winter) in west central New Jersey, while my home in Naples, Florida is simply an occasional getaway. Flying back and forth is kind of a pain. The two hour drive to Newark, the incredible parking rates, horrendous lines at security, the madness of the airport, etc. make it a less than pleasant experience. Philadelphia airport is closer for us, but very limited with non stop flights. But at last -- Frontier Airlines has started non stop flights between Trenton/Mercer and Ft. Myers! It's a 20 minute drive for us and offers FREE parking for weeks at a time if you want! You only need to arrive at this tiny airport 30 minutes before flight time (if not checking luggage). I just booked tickets in May for $68 each way for each of us! Wow! And also I booked flights to New Orleans from there -- also non stop -- in April for the same price! Perhaps flying can become fun again! I'm so excited.
Happy Day, a new airline for us in NJ.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Romantic destination in the US
- 2 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 3 Cleveland to Chicago by train
- 4 14 day trip advice Spokane Wa to Glacier,Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise
- 5 First time to Hawaii (Maui)
- 6 Moving out of states from Florida
- 7 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 8 Best route to Lassen from Woodside?
- 9 family road trip
- 10 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 11 itinerary help (starting niagra falls)
- 12 Alaska Trip Planning
- 13 Feedback on Idaho Itinerary
- 14 Pacific Coast Highway from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- 15 Charleston + Savannah in June
- 16 Getting from JFK to Midtown
- 17 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 18 NY Times magazine -- Walking New York.
- 19 Feedback needed for our book club trip to New England
- 20 Recommended Air BnB Somewhere Between Columbus and Cleveland?
- 21 Need recommendations for a restaurant in Rochester, NY!
- 22 Suggestions for seeing sites when one person has difficulty walking?
- 23 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 24 Weddings. Vermont. Anybody know Pitcher Inn or Mad River Barn?
- 25 Best spot to see a sunrise in Boston