Many of you know that I'm now a 'reverse' snowbird, spending most of the year (including all winter) in west central New Jersey, while my home in Naples, Florida is simply an occasional getaway. Flying back and forth is kind of a pain. The two hour drive to Newark, the incredible parking rates, horrendous lines at security, the madness of the airport, etc. make it a less than pleasant experience. Philadelphia airport is closer for us, but very limited with non stop flights. But at last -- Frontier Airlines has started non stop flights between Trenton/Mercer and Ft. Myers! It's a 20 minute drive for us and offers FREE parking for weeks at a time if you want! You only need to arrive at this tiny airport 30 minutes before flight time (if not checking luggage). I just booked tickets in May for $68 each way for each of us! Wow! And also I booked flights to New Orleans from there -- also non stop -- in April for the same price! Perhaps flying can become fun again! I'm so excited.
Happy Day, a new airline for us in NJ.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 2 Where to Stay in Boston Without Taking Out a Mortgage ...
- 3 Niagara Falls-- US side or Canada
- 4 Keeping Hip-Chic At Bay: Seattle and A Couple Points South
- 5 Road Trip
- 6 Whale watching
- 7 New York Yankee Station
- 8 DC, Philadelphia, New York, Maine, Acadia NP and Niagara Falls in 11 days?
- 9 Day Trip OUT of Los Angeles
- 10 Have you done an aquarium sleepover?
- 11 California coast: April
- 12 Great Smoky Mountains trip: Tennessee or North Carolina?
- 13 Chicago Girls Weekend
- 14 New York City Borough Walking: Where for Diverse Flavorful Neighborhoods?
- 15 Chicago - Walk? Cab? Bus? From Soldier Field...
- 16 September trip to Michigan
- 17 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 18 California: Sonoma/ San Fran/ Carmel
- 19 Restaurant recommendations for Washington DC - city centre
- 20 Restaurant recommendations for lower east side & upper west side
- 21 Driving from NYC to Montreal - pls recommend a place to eat in upstate NY
- 22 Looking for a beach front place from central to northern Cal
- 23 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 24 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 25 Roads into Estes Park