Many of you know that I'm now a 'reverse' snowbird, spending most of the year (including all winter) in west central New Jersey, while my home in Naples, Florida is simply an occasional getaway. Flying back and forth is kind of a pain. The two hour drive to Newark, the incredible parking rates, horrendous lines at security, the madness of the airport, etc. make it a less than pleasant experience. Philadelphia airport is closer for us, but very limited with non stop flights. But at last -- Frontier Airlines has started non stop flights between Trenton/Mercer and Ft. Myers! It's a 20 minute drive for us and offers FREE parking for weeks at a time if you want! You only need to arrive at this tiny airport 30 minutes before flight time (if not checking luggage). I just booked tickets in May for $68 each way for each of us! Wow! And also I booked flights to New Orleans from there -- also non stop -- in April for the same price! Perhaps flying can become fun again! I'm so excited.
Happy Day, a new airline for us in NJ.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Netrate Concepts-Hotel Pricing?
- 2 East Coast trip in 11 full days.
- 3 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 4 Vegas hotels for families
- 5 Honeymoon roadtrip SF-Seattle
- 6 Hilton Midtown New York
- 7 Lunch at the Lakeside (Boathouse) restaurant in Central Park
- 8 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 9 Nashville - Where to stay that's in the middle of it all?
- 10 JoeTro's San Antonio trip report
- 11 Tour companies
- 12 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 13 San Diego beaches using public transportation
- 14 YNP, GT and Driggs 10 day trip 8/13-8/22 - great time was had by all!
- 15 Where to stay for Acadia National Park
- 16 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 17 Road Trip from San Francisco - Hwy 1 to Carmel area or Yosemite??
- 18 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 19 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 20 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 21 New York City Borough Walking: Where for Diverse Flavorful Neighborhoods?
- 22 Please advise: Mobile Natchez Nola or Mobile Nola Natchez Nola?
- 23 Best way to drive from Newport RI to Salem MA?
- 24 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 25 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members