Many of you know that I'm now a 'reverse' snowbird, spending most of the year (including all winter) in west central New Jersey, while my home in Naples, Florida is simply an occasional getaway. Flying back and forth is kind of a pain. The two hour drive to Newark, the incredible parking rates, horrendous lines at security, the madness of the airport, etc. make it a less than pleasant experience. Philadelphia airport is closer for us, but very limited with non stop flights. But at last -- Frontier Airlines has started non stop flights between Trenton/Mercer and Ft. Myers! It's a 20 minute drive for us and offers FREE parking for weeks at a time if you want! You only need to arrive at this tiny airport 30 minutes before flight time (if not checking luggage). I just booked tickets in May for $68 each way for each of us! Wow! And also I booked flights to New Orleans from there -- also non stop -- in April for the same price! Perhaps flying can become fun again! I'm so excited.
Happy Day, a new airline for us in NJ.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 2 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 3 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 4 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 5 Parking/shuttle near Midway
- 6 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 7 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 8 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 9 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 10 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 11 Weekend in NYC
- 12 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 13 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 14 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 15 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 16 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 17 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 18 Utah mid Sept Trip Report, Zion, Bryce, Arches- beautiful!
- 19 Breckenridge in October
- 20 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 21 Family Trip to Moab - Flying into SLC
- 22 Richmond highlights?
- 23 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 24 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 25 Central Park Fall Foliage