Many of you know that I'm now a 'reverse' snowbird, spending most of the year (including all winter) in west central New Jersey, while my home in Naples, Florida is simply an occasional getaway. Flying back and forth is kind of a pain. The two hour drive to Newark, the incredible parking rates, horrendous lines at security, the madness of the airport, etc. make it a less than pleasant experience. Philadelphia airport is closer for us, but very limited with non stop flights. But at last -- Frontier Airlines has started non stop flights between Trenton/Mercer and Ft. Myers! It's a 20 minute drive for us and offers FREE parking for weeks at a time if you want! You only need to arrive at this tiny airport 30 minutes before flight time (if not checking luggage). I just booked tickets in May for $68 each way for each of us! Wow! And also I booked flights to New Orleans from there -- also non stop -- in April for the same price! Perhaps flying can become fun again! I'm so excited.
Happy Day, a new airline for us in NJ.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 2 First family ski trip
- 3 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 4 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 5 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 6 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 7 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 8 Oahu ideas
- 9 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 10 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 11 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 12 Best places to move to Florida?
- 13 West Coast Bound End of March
- 14 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 15 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 16 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 17 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 18 Key Largo, FL
- 19 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 20 Death Valley in June
- 21 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 22 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 23 San Diego grocery stores
- 24 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 25 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!