We booked a kayaking day with Kevin at Hana-Maui Sea Sports based largely on reviews in Frommer's. BEWARE! It was a nightmare. We drove all morning to get to Hana. After getting out on the water our 'guide' proceeded to go off on a politically partisan anti-american diatribe. When I tactfully indicated that neither myself or my wife or myself were comfortable with his behavior he digressed into attacking us personally and espousing grandly bizarre conspiracy theories. He then abruptly stated the trip was"over" and began to paddle into shore. Our choices being to return to shore or fend for ourselves in the Pacific, we headed to shore. Once on shore he remained frighteningly abusive towards us stating we were what was wrong with America. So, after driving all morning to get there we were abandoned by a man who had contracted to provide us with a full day of kayaking. We were then left with the drive back around the island and a full day wasted in a week long trip to Maui. Our advice would be to stay far away from Kevin and Hana-Maui Sea Sports.
Hana-Maui Sea Sports - Kayaking
- 1 Our Yellowstone Plans
- 2 San Franciso to Vancouver
- 3 ETHNIC RESTAURANTS IN DC W/ ETHNIC ENTERTAINMENT
- 4 I-5 bridge over Skagit River collapses, cars with people in water |
- 5 stay near newark or nyc
- 6 Cape Ann area
- 7 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 8 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 9 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 10 Kauai golf
- 11 Manzanita Or restaurants
- 12 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 13 Need inexpensive trip: Northeastern Arkansas or Amarillo/Palo Duro Canyon?
- 14 Traveling the upper west coast into vancouver
- 15 Looking for "cheap and cheerful" hotel in Miami!
- 16 Carmel, California where to stay??
- 17 Which boat tour to take in New York with kids in June?
- 18 Sonoma CA Accommodations
- 19 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 20 Minneapolis Hotel
- 21 Place for lunch in Philly?
- 22 Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park opens today
- 23 South Tahoe around July 4 - GTG?
- 24 Driving from Seattle to San Fran
- 25 Washington Wineries