We booked a kayaking day with Kevin at Hana-Maui Sea Sports based largely on reviews in Frommer's. BEWARE! It was a nightmare. We drove all morning to get to Hana. After getting out on the water our 'guide' proceeded to go off on a politically partisan anti-american diatribe. When I tactfully indicated that neither myself or my wife or myself were comfortable with his behavior he digressed into attacking us personally and espousing grandly bizarre conspiracy theories. He then abruptly stated the trip was"over" and began to paddle into shore. Our choices being to return to shore or fend for ourselves in the Pacific, we headed to shore. Once on shore he remained frighteningly abusive towards us stating we were what was wrong with America. So, after driving all morning to get there we were abandoned by a man who had contracted to provide us with a full day of kayaking. We were then left with the drive back around the island and a full day wasted in a week long trip to Maui. Our advice would be to stay far away from Kevin and Hana-Maui Sea Sports.
Hana-Maui Sea Sports - Kayaking
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Navajo guide in Canyon de Chelly?
- 2 San Diego with Kids
- 3 Tour companies
- 4 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 5 Panama City beach or other suggestion
- 6 San Francisco - mid October
- 7 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 8 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 9 New York City Borough Walking: Where for Diverse Flavorful Neighborhoods?
- 10 Cape Cod
- 11 Something to do besides drink wine in Sonoma.
- 12 what to do in the St. Louis area Oct.12 thru Oct19
- 13 Which botanical garden is the best in Kauai?
- 14 Road Trip! Philadelphia to Montreal and Quebec
- 15 Puerto Rico in December - how much can we do?
- 16 Where to go to hear good Hawaiian Music in Kauai?
- 17 Where to stay for Acadia National Park
- 18 New York itinerary for 5 or 6 days
- 19 Getting around the Big Island
- 20 Where to go? Family looking for the perfect vacation spot.
- 21 best of yellowstone
- 22 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 23 Washington DC and NYC - What to book ahead of time?
- 24 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 25 New York Yankee Station