My husband and I are attending a wedding in Charleston over the summer. We'll be driving down from DC and we're thinking of dividing the drive into 2 days with less to drive on the 2nd day so we are looking for a good place to stop and spend a night. DC is 500 miles from Charleston, so we were thinking somewhere along 95 in North Carolina or northern South Carolina. Since we'll be arriving during the evening, the location doesn't need to have a lot to do, just a nice hotel or B&B with a good restaurant nearby and maybe a downtown area to walk around. Anyone have any suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Florida beach vacation
- 2 Where's best place to stay near volcano big island besides volcano house?
- 3 Where to stay 3 nights Big Island Jan 29-Feb 1
- 4 10 days in California. What should I hit?
- 5 Wine Country
- 6 Camping in or near Big Bend National Park
- 7 First Time Oahu/Maui
- 8 28 Day Road Trip to the Northwest from Chicago
- 9 LV off strip hotels with shuttles to strip
- 10 Nashville Never Been
- 11 Spring Break National Park Visit
- 12 Fall 1st time trip wine country
- 13 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 14 South Beach Miami dance clubs for people in their 30s and 40s
- 15 Oahu Trip Report with Friends Nov 2016
- 16 I95
- 17 Rafting the Colorado
- 18 4 Nights in NM with a 10 Year Old
- 19 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 20 Uber boston
- 21 New York City - Wasington February 2017
- 22 Florida vacation
- 23 Buying a home in NJ - need advice from locals thank you!
- 24 Trip to USA in July
- 25 a short trip to san francisco