My husband and I are attending a wedding in Charleston over the summer. We'll be driving down from DC and we're thinking of dividing the drive into 2 days with less to drive on the 2nd day so we are looking for a good place to stop and spend a night. DC is 500 miles from Charleston, so we were thinking somewhere along 95 in North Carolina or northern South Carolina. Since we'll be arriving during the evening, the location doesn't need to have a lot to do, just a nice hotel or B&B with a good restaurant nearby and maybe a downtown area to walk around. Anyone have any suggestions?
Halfway Between DC and Charleston
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 2 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 3 Best Destination in USA
- 4 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 5 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 6 Quick Austin weekend itinerary review
- 7 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 8 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 9 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 10 Dinner stop between Boston and Bradley Airport in CT (Windsor)
- 11 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 12 x mas
- 13 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 14 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 15 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 16 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted
- 17 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 18 US 101 closed N of Florence
- 19 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 20 Deep South roadtrip, 3 weeks, 2 more Brits needing your help!
- 21 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 22 Choosing best Seats Radio City
- 23 New Orleans help please
- 24 Better cooking store in Seattle
- 25 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach