My husband and I are attending a wedding in Charleston over the summer. We'll be driving down from DC and we're thinking of dividing the drive into 2 days with less to drive on the 2nd day so we are looking for a good place to stop and spend a night. DC is 500 miles from Charleston, so we were thinking somewhere along 95 in North Carolina or northern South Carolina. Since we'll be arriving during the evening, the location doesn't need to have a lot to do, just a nice hotel or B&B with a good restaurant nearby and maybe a downtown area to walk around. Anyone have any suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 September trip Portland/Seattle
- 2 Road trip: Boston to Salt Lake City
- 3 San Francisco through Colorado Rockies
- 4 Help Planning Zion/Bryce Itinerary
- 5 Boston waterfront Italian
- 6 Recommendation: Beachfront in VA or MD walking distance to quaint downtown
- 7 Thinking of moving FROM Pittsburgh TO Seattle
- 8 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 9 Attending a wedding on Nantucket !
- 10 Last minute Maine/New Hampshire trip
- 11 where to stop on the way from Montreal to Acadia
- 12 Kids Vacation Place
- 13 Another Key West Trip Report, July 3 - 9, 2016
- 14 Napa valley getaway
- 15 Lake Tahoe hotel with a lake view
- 16 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 17 Day in Spokane
- 18 Marriott or Sheraton in Orlando?
- 19 CA Fire - need revised itinerary help
- 20 AUGUST---7 day San Fran to San Diego
- 21 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 22 Desert Southwest
- 23 Transit Advisory - PATH system - Weekends from August 6 to December 19, 2016
- 24 Road trip from Gulf Coast to Key West
- 25 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017