My husband and I are attending a wedding in Charleston over the summer. We'll be driving down from DC and we're thinking of dividing the drive into 2 days with less to drive on the 2nd day so we are looking for a good place to stop and spend a night. DC is 500 miles from Charleston, so we were thinking somewhere along 95 in North Carolina or northern South Carolina. Since we'll be arriving during the evening, the location doesn't need to have a lot to do, just a nice hotel or B&B with a good restaurant nearby and maybe a downtown area to walk around. Anyone have any suggestions?
Halfway Between DC and Charleston
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 2 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 3 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 4 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 5 Visiting Denver
- 6 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 7 NYC theatre broadway
- 8 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 9 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 10 HELP WITH FALL TRIP PLAN!!
- 11 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 12 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 13 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 14 Quiet hotel room in University district?
- 15 Visiting Denver
- 16 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 17 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 18 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 19 San Diego parks and attractions
- 20 Door County Suggestions
- 21 First family ski trip
- 22 New Hampshire Itinerary
- 23 Summer trip in New England (15 days)
- 24 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 25 boston to nantucket: what are our options?