My husband and I are attending a wedding in Charleston over the summer. We'll be driving down from DC and we're thinking of dividing the drive into 2 days with less to drive on the 2nd day so we are looking for a good place to stop and spend a night. DC is 500 miles from Charleston, so we were thinking somewhere along 95 in North Carolina or northern South Carolina. Since we'll be arriving during the evening, the location doesn't need to have a lot to do, just a nice hotel or B&B with a good restaurant nearby and maybe a downtown area to walk around. Anyone have any suggestions?
Halfway Between DC and Charleston
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 2 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 3 Berkshires in late October
- 4 ONP-San Juan Islds or Victoria-Seattle - what's best itinerary for 8 days?
- 5 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 6 Boston Logan airport to Salem MA
- 7 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida
- 8 Seeking thoughtful advice on Yellowstone/Tetons trip!
- 9 Seattle: Something Different?
- 10 California road trip
- 11 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 12 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 13 ONP help
- 14 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 15 Savanah Sojourn
- 16 Hwy 54 instead of I-40 from Tucumcari to Wichita good or bad idea?
- 17 The Driftless Area: An underappreciated region of the Upper Midwest
- 18 Trip Report - Dinosaur National Monument- UT/CO
- 19 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 20 Poss. Itinerary for Aug. Portland to San Fran family vacay - TIPS PLEASE
- 21 Wisconsin - Dells and Madison
- 22 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 23 Providence,RI - restaurant and Waterfire advice
- 24 Seattle Hyatts
- 25 Texas and Deep South Road Trip - with Limited Time!