My husband and I are attending a wedding in Charleston over the summer. We'll be driving down from DC and we're thinking of dividing the drive into 2 days with less to drive on the 2nd day so we are looking for a good place to stop and spend a night. DC is 500 miles from Charleston, so we were thinking somewhere along 95 in North Carolina or northern South Carolina. Since we'll be arriving during the evening, the location doesn't need to have a lot to do, just a nice hotel or B&B with a good restaurant nearby and maybe a downtown area to walk around. Anyone have any suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Francisco/Northern California Trip
- 2 In search of cool beach town in the Carolinas
- 3 Transportation suggestions from Charleston Executive Airport
- 4 Suggestions for beach towns on FL west coast?
- 5 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 6 Miami
- 7 NYC Limo rental services quest
- 8 Weegee...you can't be a 'nice Nellie' and do street photography
- 9 Oregon or California to Nebraska
- 10 March in New Mexico
- 11 Driving Alaska
- 12 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 13 Back from the Big Easy
- 14 Border crossing
- 15 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 16 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 17 NYC Girls' Weekend Trip Report
- 18 Yellowstone Hikes questions
- 19 Flowers and Berries in Oregon
- 20 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 21 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 22 Cross country tips
- 23 Zion National Park Hikes and HOtels
- 24 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?
- 25 Ideas for New York