My husband and I are attending a wedding in Charleston over the summer. We'll be driving down from DC and we're thinking of dividing the drive into 2 days with less to drive on the 2nd day so we are looking for a good place to stop and spend a night. DC is 500 miles from Charleston, so we were thinking somewhere along 95 in North Carolina or northern South Carolina. Since we'll be arriving during the evening, the location doesn't need to have a lot to do, just a nice hotel or B&B with a good restaurant nearby and maybe a downtown area to walk around. Anyone have any suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Camping in Yellowstone? Good idea for a family?
- 2 Nashville Questions
- 3 Redwood National Forest
- 4 Family Vacation for Mom's 80th Birthday
- 5 College Tour: Harvard, MIT, and Yale
- 6 Road trip From St.louis to South Dakota. Is it Safe?
- 7 3/31-5/29 New Tracy Letts Play!
- 8 Cape Cod
- 9 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?
- 10 Grand Circle Road Trip
- 11 San Francisco during Super Bowl week
- 12 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 13 Room With Balcony and Ocean View: $250-$300
- 14 Summer Vaca Destination for families driving from Michigan and Georgia?
- 15 reliable transportation across florida
- 16 Jazz Fest shuttle buses
- 17 Moving to DC ( Nova area) Please help me
- 18 Las Vegas loop
- 19 Car-less in Atlanta (by Train)
- 20 Grand Canyon Helicopter Ride
- 21 Driving from NY to Boston in February
- 22 Uber and Miami
- 23 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 24 Springfield, Illinois and no car. Worth a slight detour?
- 25 Itinary for Maui - help please