My husband and I are attending a wedding in Charleston over the summer. We'll be driving down from DC and we're thinking of dividing the drive into 2 days with less to drive on the 2nd day so we are looking for a good place to stop and spend a night. DC is 500 miles from Charleston, so we were thinking somewhere along 95 in North Carolina or northern South Carolina. Since we'll be arriving during the evening, the location doesn't need to have a lot to do, just a nice hotel or B&B with a good restaurant nearby and maybe a downtown area to walk around. Anyone have any suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Trinity Site, NM
- 2 Moab Weekend with Kids
- 3 Retiring to Tucson
- 4 Santa Fe Itineray
- 5 North Carolina airports
- 6 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 7 Hotel in Reno
- 8 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 9 Dallas for the first time. Rent car? Activities?
- 10 A Puffin, a Whale, and a Moose walk into a bar. In Maine
- 11 Tampa Suborns vs Orlando Suborns? To Raise a Family.
- 12 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 13 Maui/Kauai Honeymoon Itinerary - hotel help?
- 14 Luxury hotel in Charleston
- 15 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 16 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 17 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 18 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 19 Day trip to Disney, Orlando
- 20 Walk on Matanuksa Glacier, Alaska
- 21 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 22 Renting an RV to Tour NM
- 23 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 24 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 25 Alabama vacation "shark teeth fossils"