My husband and I are attending a wedding in Charleston over the summer. We'll be driving down from DC and we're thinking of dividing the drive into 2 days with less to drive on the 2nd day so we are looking for a good place to stop and spend a night. DC is 500 miles from Charleston, so we were thinking somewhere along 95 in North Carolina or northern South Carolina. Since we'll be arriving during the evening, the location doesn't need to have a lot to do, just a nice hotel or B&B with a good restaurant nearby and maybe a downtown area to walk around. Anyone have any suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Rolling Thunder on Sunday- how bad will traffic be?
- 2 Oregon Overnight south of Crater Lake
- 3 Travel from Philadelphia to New York
- 4 Outlet Mall in New Orleans
- 5 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 6 Boston for a cruise: South end? Downtown?
- 7 Santa Barbara Hotels
- 8 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 9 Maui experts..too late to plan August-Sept. visit???
- 10 CT to ABQ-favorite routes?
- 11 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 12 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 13 Best weather and tips to roadtrip to west coast USA
- 14 Daughters/ mother 4/5 girl trip
- 15 Trail Ridge Road Will be Closed This Weekend
- 16 sugestions
- 17 Default Vegas-GC-Antelope-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 18 Yellowstone/Grand Teton Camping Itinerary
- 19 Rules of the NY Subway
- 20 Big Sur Help!!
- 21 PNC Park ~ convenient hotel?
- 22 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 23 Road trip from arizona to seattle.
- 24 Best Time to Travel the West Coast (USA)
- 25 Sad News for Maine Lobster Lovers