My husband and I are attending a wedding in Charleston over the summer. We'll be driving down from DC and we're thinking of dividing the drive into 2 days with less to drive on the 2nd day so we are looking for a good place to stop and spend a night. DC is 500 miles from Charleston, so we were thinking somewhere along 95 in North Carolina or northern South Carolina. Since we'll be arriving during the evening, the location doesn't need to have a lot to do, just a nice hotel or B&B with a good restaurant nearby and maybe a downtown area to walk around. Anyone have any suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Trip to Cali Coast
- 2 30th Anniversary Hotel Key West
- 3 Thanksgiving dinner in Williamsburg
- 4 Info about Newseum Parking in D.C.
- 5 Seattle?
- 6 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 7 Family Beach Vacation in Belmar at the Jersey Shore
- 8 Renting camper van/ motor home
- 9 San Jose to Napa Valley
- 10 Guys Ski Trip in Breckenridge
- 11 My kingdom for an acai bowl on Hawaii Island
- 12 Tri Rail train to Lauderdale by the Sea
- 13 First time Disney & Legoland hotel suggestions and any advice please
- 14 Seattle, Redwoods in Oregon and Yosemite
- 15 Suggestions for 6-hour LAX layover from Vancouver with 3-yr old son
- 16 Thank God I'm a Mountain Girl
- 17 Winery recommendations OR and WA
- 18 SF/LV/LA Itinerary Help
- 19 Trip Report: Vancouver, Seattle, Portland, September 2016
- 20 Steakhouse in Colorado Springs area
- 21 Vermont Foliage Drive From Brattleboro
- 22 Parking Downtown St. Louis
- 23 New Hampshire & Vermont trip
- 24 Zion, Bryce, Monument, Grand Canyon, Death Valley Yosemite Itinerary help!
- 25 SPIRIT airlines FLL to DFW