My husband and I are attending a wedding in Charleston over the summer. We'll be driving down from DC and we're thinking of dividing the drive into 2 days with less to drive on the 2nd day so we are looking for a good place to stop and spend a night. DC is 500 miles from Charleston, so we were thinking somewhere along 95 in North Carolina or northern South Carolina. Since we'll be arriving during the evening, the location doesn't need to have a lot to do, just a nice hotel or B&B with a good restaurant nearby and maybe a downtown area to walk around. Anyone have any suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving from Sacramento to San Francisco
- 2 Dining in Old Town Alexandria
- 3 Traveling Alone
- 4 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 5 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 6 Seeking adivce- 12 days Oregon only or OR/WA
- 7 Getty center and Getty Villa
- 8 Christmas Dinner in NYC?
- 9 Is it safe to wear good jewelry in NYC?
- 10 Last minute trip to Arizona
- 11 How many days in Grand Teton and Yellowstone?
- 12 Rattlesnake Ledge
- 13 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 14 Arizona in late January
- 15 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans
- 16 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 17 Looking for Panhandle advice
- 18 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 19 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 20 Las Vegas Vacation
- 21 Advertising Sublets in NYC Now Illegal - Air BnB Has Pulled Listings
- 22 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 23 Fall Foliage Peak 2016 NW Arkansas?
- 24 Reasonable accommodations in Wyoming
- 25 Glacier National Park