My husband and I are attending a wedding in Charleston over the summer. We'll be driving down from DC and we're thinking of dividing the drive into 2 days with less to drive on the 2nd day so we are looking for a good place to stop and spend a night. DC is 500 miles from Charleston, so we were thinking somewhere along 95 in North Carolina or northern South Carolina. Since we'll be arriving during the evening, the location doesn't need to have a lot to do, just a nice hotel or B&B with a good restaurant nearby and maybe a downtown area to walk around. Anyone have any suggestions?
Halfway Between DC and Charleston
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 2 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 3 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 4 Washington DC in Spring?
- 5 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 6 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 7 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 8 montana vs ft nelson bc area
- 9 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 10 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 11 Richmond highlights?
- 12 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 13 Must Eats
- 14 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 15 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 16 Restaurants in and around Asheville, NC
- 17 Florida St George's Island
- 18 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 19 Union Square area restaurant
- 20 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 21 4 week family trip ideas
- 22 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 23 Breckenridge in October
- 24 Good area to stay in for young (20-something) married couple?
- 25 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???