Hi-hubby & I are taking an anniversary trip to San Francisco next week & decided we would like to spend the last weekend(Easter)before flying out on Tuesday in the Guerneville area. We are about to book a reservation at the Sonoma Orchid Inn(anyone stayed at this Inn before?)and could use some advice on how to plan our days. One day we woudl like to do the coast-maybe Jenner, up to Fort Ross & a little beyond if we have time. Another day we would like to visit Armstrong Redwoods, check out the town of Guerneville, Korbel Winery, maybe Healdsburg or Sonoma. Can't decide. We are not huge wine drinkers but are interested in visiting maybe one winery, besides Korbel, but mainly want to just get out & see the countryside, take photographs, have a picnic lunch somewhere and at a leisurely pace. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me route out a basic itinerary for our two full days. Also, does anyone happen to know if restaurants, etc. will be open on Easter Sunday in this area? Thanks in advance for any help!
Guerneville Weekend Stay-Advice on Making the Most of Our Time
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 2 Trip Report: New York City July 25-27, 2014
- 3 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 4 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo
- 5 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 6 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 7 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 8 Day trip to CT from NYC
- 9 A weekend escape around cooperstown ny
- 10 Road Trip SW
- 11 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 12 California road trip
- 13 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 14 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 15 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 16 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 17 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 18 Gulf Shores Restaurants
- 19 Yosemite Fire
- 20 Lodging - Yosemite
- 21 3 weeks covering SF, Monterey, Lake Isabella, Las Vegas and LA (Disney)
- 22 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr
- 23 Place to Grab a Bite to Eat near Wilmington train station?
- 24 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 25 An RV trip along the coast