I want to fly into Atlanta Georgia and join my son there and drive to the smokey mountains to see the fall foliage, you can't see much of that in Southern California. I have the weekend of oct 19 to do that. Where would you base yourself to see the foliage I am looking up gatlinburg tn but lots of reviews says traffic and crowds where els is an option I would prefer closer to the south side of the mountains coming up from Atlanta. Any ideas?
Great smokey mountains
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 The island of Hawaii--half a trip report!!!
- 2 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 3 HELP WITH FALL TRIP PLAN!!
- 4 Visiting Denver
- 5 Visiting Denver
- 6 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 7 NYC theatre broadway
- 8 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 9 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 10 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 11 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 12 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 13 New Yorkers,,,Yea!!
- 14 San Diego parks and attractions
- 15 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 16 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 17 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 18 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 19 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 20 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 21 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 22 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 23 Quiet hotel room in University district?
- 24 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 25 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary