I want to fly into Atlanta Georgia and join my son there and drive to the smokey mountains to see the fall foliage, you can't see much of that in Southern California. I have the weekend of oct 19 to do that. Where would you base yourself to see the foliage I am looking up gatlinburg tn but lots of reviews says traffic and crowds where els is an option I would prefer closer to the south side of the mountains coming up from Atlanta. Any ideas?
Great smokey mountains
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Savannah GA
- 2 What is the best place to spend in summers in Texas?
- 3 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 4 Getting from Washington DC to Dulles airport, quickest way possible
- 5 Whcih is the best fashion store chain
- 6 Beach holiday with baby
- 7 Cost of hotels in major cities of the USA
- 8 SC/GA/FL Coastal City Questions & Insect Issues
- 9 Kennebunkport, Cape Cod or Martha's Vineyard
- 10 Seattle hotels
- 11 Things to do around New York
- 12 Chicago Information Need for a Possible Trip
- 13 Dining in Carmel - midweek but special occasion?
- 14 Boston Marathon spectator questions
- 15 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 16 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 17 Lodging between Edenton NC and Washington DC?
- 18 Minneapolis-Where to stay?
- 19 Thoughts for two 14 yr old boys who enjoy NYC,Chicago/sneakers.
- 20 USA Round trip 2018
- 21 Myrtle Beach, SC ... Where to drive to??
- 22 Carlsbad Cavern area - New Mexico ... Lodging
- 23 Daytona Beach and ??
- 24 Washington and oregon help with itinerary
- 25 First visit in New Mexico